IL Preseason Media Poll | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

IL Preseason Media Poll

Huh? Saying his tweet is childish is not "making it personal." If that's the case then any type of criticism of anyone about anything is always personal. By putting CEO in quotes he was belittling Foy's bona fides and going after him personally rather than keeping it to the ranking. He could have just as easily taken issue with the rankings without resorting to that. He didn't even make any sort of counter argument. Just insinuated the guy was dumb and that's about it. So, yeah, childish.
You didn’t call his tweet childish. You called him childish.

But I agree with the above. No one should be tweeting.

Grimes missed his entire senior year in 2020 due to injury and then COVID, and then missed all of Fallball and most of January due to JHU COVID policies. That is to say he hadn't played in 2 years and it took a little time for him to come around last year.

He made the U-21 team as a midfielder as one of the few 2020 graduates so there is reason people are optimistic about his ability.
True. On the other side of the coin, Grimes started the season at the left hand finisher position and struggled there, and was moved to the 2nd midfield for the latter half of the season. This year Hopkins probably needs him to be successful as the left hand finisher.

Grimes is staying at midfield per the hopkins thread over on fanlax

I dont know their personnel beyond the obvious guys like Epstein and Desimone, but they did bring in Maher from UVA, who is a lefty, and was highly regarded as a recruit, though wasn't able to crack the Hoos lineup last season. I believe committed to Syracuse at one point as well

The rumor is their other IL Top 50 attack recruit from Culver is the front runner, but who knows until the balls start flying for real. I heard Maher missed the fall with an injury so he may be playing catchup.

Another familiar face around here, Jared Fernandez, is also healthy this year and expected to play for JHU. Would think it offsets the longstick losses, but he is also coming back from injury so will be a wildcard early.

Last edited:
It does sort of make you wonder, when a player is the #4 recruit as a lefty attackman, and a team has an opening at that position, and the guy is playing midfield.

Last edited:
kinda seems to show the trend that has been happening with syracuse athletics. Specifically lacrosse and basketball.

Lacrosse finally made the right move because both programs have been trending downward for sometime. Lacrosse made the right move with gait and now its basketball's turn.

Legends or not, does not mean they get a lifetime pass to coach and iv'e seen it happen quite a few times over the years & i get the feeling that JB will try the same, & damage what he built for so many years

Looked at hoops schedule, Orange have not played a demanding schedule so far, other than Duke and Villanova no other opponent is in Top 25. 9-11 is poor at first and second glance

If Im a top hs hoops player with suitors, the only allure to playing here is crowd and history. It's not JB at this stage . If Cuse AD made coaching change with lax then why wouldn't he do the same with bb?

All 4 ACC opponents on best attack list .

Assume this writeup was written post Hiltz injury otherwise Foy is dumping on Cuse

Most likely done Post Hiltz, even with him SU is probably at the back end of the list. To many questions marks outside of Hiltz.

Most likely done Post Hiltz, even with him SU is probably at the back end of the list. To many questions marks outside of Hiltz.
Agree. I think Cuse could be somewhere between 7 and 10 with Hiltz but I can understand questions given that Seebold is somewhat still unproven and Dordevic is new at attack.

10. High Point
9. Cornell
8. Michigan
7. Penn
6. Loyola
5. Notre Dame
4. UNC
3. Duke
2. Maryland
1. UVA

Top three feel pretty hard to argue with. As a unit, I think there is a pretty big gap between them and the rest. If Notre Dame or UNC lost their star players, I don't think they would be top 10 units. Loyola has a nice 1-2 punch with players who have been there forever it feels like. They are saying Handley will move to attack so that pick makes sense. I think the Michigan placement is a little premature, feels like they are putting a lot of stock into their Week 1 performance against a not very good opponent. Cornell feels like a wild card. High Point due mostly to Nolting.

Georgetown obviously as to replace Carraway but they have Haley and Watson returning. Intrigued to see where transfers Morin from ND and Alex Trippi from UNC play. IL loves Gtown this year so a little shocked they didn't get put in here somehow. Surprised that Yale wasn't included given Brandau and what is supposed to be a super freshman in Leo Johnson. Richmond with Lanchburry could also be in the discussion. Could maybe make an argument with Army and Nichtern.

Overall would probably remove Michigan and replace it with Yale or Georgetown.

Understood, my take shaped from projecting a big year for Seebold. Has all the talent now established and confident. Hoping Fiorini steps forward similarly, tools are there.

10. High Point
9. Cornell
8. Michigan
7. Penn
6. Loyola
5. Notre Dame
4. UNC
3. Duke
2. Maryland
1. UVA

Top three feel pretty hard to argue with. As a unit, I think there is a pretty big gap between them and the rest. If Notre Dame or UNC lost their star players, I don't think they would be top 10 units. Loyola has a nice 1-2 punch with players who have been there forever it feels like. They are saying Handley will move to attack so that pick makes sense. I think the Michigan placement is a little premature, feels like they are putting a lot of stock into their Week 1 performance against a not very good opponent. Cornell feels like a wild card. High Point due mostly to Nolting.

Georgetown obviously as to replace Carraway but they have Haley and Watson returning. Intrigued to see where transfers Morin from ND and Alex Trippi from UNC play. IL loves Gtown this year so a little shocked they didn't get put in here somehow. Surprised that Yale wasn't included given Brandau and what is supposed to be a super freshman in Leo Johnson. Richmond with Lanchburry could also be in the discussion. Could maybe make an argument with Army and Nichtern.

Overall would probably remove Michigan and replace it with Yale or Georgetown.
Another 10 point game for Zawada with 5g, 5a
Georgetown?

Georgetown?

Very impressive, but it was against Detroit Mercy. I think opponents should be factored into this stuff, not just point totals.

Very impressive, but it was against Detroit Mercy. I think opponents should be factored into this stuff, not just point totals.
Agreed. Of course, last year Zawada didn't get any weak teams to pad his stats with, so his number don't look as impressive as others.

The best advice anyone can receive nowadays is DON’T TWEET. He was here for 5 years and gave his whole life during that time to the team. No doubt he is crazy passionate and no doubt he was pissed when he saw the head of IL disrespected us with his rankings. Just don’t be a fool and put your name on an insulting statement that stays with you online forever. Let it go! Come over here and berate him anonymously like the rest of us!
So you think it's anonymous here? ;)

Georgetown?
They have moved Zawada up to 11 points, 5g, 6a, taking an assist from Boehm.
This week, Michigan has to face a top defense in Holy Cross.

They have moved Zawada up to 11 points, 5g, 6a, taking an assist from Boehm.
This week, Michigan has to face a top defense in Holy Cross.
Yes please keep talking about Zawada and how bad holy cross is. Cuse fans just can’t get enough of it!

Agreed. Of course, last year Zawada didn't get any weak teams to pad his stats with, so his number don't look as impressive as others.

I disagree, he got to go against Penn State, Ohio State and Hopkins twice last year all of which were hardly defensive juggarnauts.

If you guys want me to leave. I'll leave.

There's no need/reason to leave, I believe Lexus was just noting that SU has heard about how bad Holy Cross is about three hundred times since the game be it here, IL, Fan lax, twitter etc. Being an SU message board there's always going to be a sensitivity to the team/program.

Zawada is an interesting player and was a few months from playing here. Although if Zawada was here Hiltz is probably still at Denver so... He's been a pretty good player at Michigan and really benefited from the extra Covid year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom