IL Top 50 Players for 2022 Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

IL Top 50 Players for 2022 Season

I just listened to the IL podcast discussing these rankings and Terry Foy has some of the worst takes I have heard in a while. I believe it was previously mentioned either here or on Fanlax, but Foy is obsessed with Dylan Hess from Georgetown. Hess is a good player on a good team, but he was also the Hoyas's 7th leading scorer last spring. At the end of the podcast, Foy mentioned that he could be the top men's player going into next season. He also danced around the topic of excluding Dordevic and one of the other hosts called him out on excluding Joe Robertson. Foy tried justifying it by saying that Robertson might not even start for Duke. The podcast really dropped my opinion of IL and Foy's knowledge of the game. I thought those guys would be more plugged in.
In what Universe does Robertson not start for Duke? No idea how it could be anything but Lulley, Oneill and Robertson unless they decide to let Dyson Williams play as the finisher or put McAdory down at attack instantly, which is unlikely. It's been said here many times before but Robertson was more important for Duke than ONeill last year and that is hardly up for debate.

If I was going to obsess over anyone at Georgetown it would be Bundy or TJ Haley who put up an unheard of 5-49 stat line as a freshman attack. Curious to see what type of numbers he puts up next year. Given how crowded it is and how poorly our season went, I have no major issue with leaving Dordevic just outside the top 25 mens players.

Regarding Hess, I agree that he was ranked way too high, but it's also not really fair to point out he was 7th on Georgetown in points without any context. He's a two-way middie who plays A TON of defense (and fairly well, especially for a freshman). He's closer to being an SSDM or transition middie than a traditional offensive midfielder. One of the last of a dying breed. So given that, his 24 pts last season were actually pretty impressive. Freshman middies who come in and instantly have an impact all over the field tend to have pretty good careers. (Currier, Conrad, Tinney, etc.) Still, though, he probably shouldn't have been that high.

I like Haley but I feel like a good portion of his assists were just dumping it to Carraway who did most of the work. Curious to see what his statline is like and if he can become more of a threat to score himself now that Carraway is gone.

Regarding Hess, I agree that he was ranked way too high, but it's also not really fair to point out he was 7th on Georgetown in points without any context. He's a two-way middie who plays A TON of defense (and fairly well, especially for a freshman). He's closer to being an SSDM or transition middie than a traditional offensive midfielder. One of the last of a dying breed. So given that, his 24 pts last season were actually pretty impressive. Freshman middies who come in and instantly have an impact all over the field tend to have pretty good careers. (Currier, Conrad, Tinney, etc.) Still, though, he probably shouldn't have been that high.

I like Haley but I feel like a good portion of his assists were just dumping it to Carraway who did most of the work. Curious to see what his statline is like and if he can become more of a threat to score himself now that Carraway is gone.
Didn't realize that about Hess. The lack of frequent game footage from the big east strikes again. He is worthy of a bump in the ratings for that. Sounds like you have seen more of Haley than me, but I imagine some of those assists had to come off the dodge. You don't get to 49 assists just by passing to an open guy without drawing slides or something.

These lists are always highly subjective. Goalies are typically not considered worthy of inclusion.

I'm happy that Cuse doesn't get much respect this year - the boys should be hungrier than ever. Last year we had several legitimate top players with plenty of preseason buzz - it didn't help us as other teams saw us with a target on our backs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom