I'll admit I'm a no good homer... | Syracusefan.com

I'll admit I'm a no good homer...

Dome may be uneven at times energy wise but it's still an experience unlike any other when things are rocking. You get a team that resembles expectations and it leapfrogs many on that list. Way too much recency bias here. Plus Norlander has always sucked at his job. He is lazy.

Dome may be uneven at times energy wise but it's still an experience unlike any other when things are rocking. You get a team that resembles expectations and it leapfrogs many on that list. Way too much recency bias here. Plus Norlander has always sucked at his job. He is lazy.
It’s based on a coaches poll. But definitely recency bias at play. Gonzaga? Lolololoolol.

It’s based on a coaches poll. But definitely recency bias at play. Gonzaga? Lolololoolol.

Yeah I would need to see a list of who they interviewed as well.

With the Dome it all depends on the size of the crowd. It isn't that intimidating when its an early season 18-19kish crowd, but obviously that totally changes when we have 30k+. The former shouldn't be on the list at all, the latter should be Tier 1.

What your seeing is an unscientific poll of people's opinions on what things are like these days.
These probably are honest opinions.
The Dome ain't what it used to be back in the days of the Dome Ranger.
Apparently, it's an experience...but not an intimidating one.

It’s a flawed poll.

Random ACC coach’s selections (probably):

1) Cameron
2) His own school’s arena
3) Some cool stadium he went to in a tournament/challenge or something

Last edited:
They don't give students good seats and the fans in general are far from the court.

The Dome isn't intimidating teams can have a hard time adjusting to shooting in the middle of the football field. Packed for a big game of course we have an edge and a unique venue that noone has has anything similar to.

At least the Dome is mentioned a couple times in the writeup. One big surprise is no mention of the Dean Dome.

Having been in Allen Fieldhouse a couple times, I would agree that it is the best. Just the basket like design, the student participation and the history are awesome.

At least the Dome is mentioned a couple times in the writeup. One big surprise is no mention of the Dean Dome.

Having been in Allen Fieldhouse a couple times, I would agree that it is the best. Just the basket like design, the student participation and the history are awesome.
They always seem to favor these scrubby 100 year old little gyms in these types of things. Same kinds of people who love when the helpside defender slides over and takes a charge, probably.

There was an extensive write-up of the Dean Smith Center in September’s edition of Wine Spectator.

They always seem to favor these scrubby 100 year old little gyms in these types of things. Same kinds of people who love when the helpside defender slides over and takes a charge, probably.
For a 30,000-fan game, I'd take the Dome in a heartbeat. But for a 16,000-fan game, you'd be hard pressed to find a better arena than Allen Fieldhouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom