I'll be the first one to admit that I haven't been a fan of Frank Howard's... | Syracusefan.com

I'll be the first one to admit that I haven't been a fan of Frank Howard's...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
game during his time here. However, I do feel bad the way in which the game played out in the 2nd half, him being out of the game early in the 2nd half, and never getting any acknowledgement coming off the Dome floor for his very last time.

game during his time here. However, I do feel bad the way in which the game played out in the 2nd half, him being out of the game early in the 2nd half, and never getting any acknowledgement coming off the Dome floor for his very last time.
Well, he did play a horrendous 2nd half......not much to cheer about

Frank is about as important as
a 0 after .

I appreciate everything Frank has done for the program. I think he is disappointed, along with us, that his career here at SU did not pan out to his expectations, along with ours. At the end of the day though, you do not see many players stick with a program, so I commend him for that. There will always be a seat at the table for Frank, like it or not.

we were up 4 early in 2nd half and he takes a step back 3 lol. wheels fell off from that point on.

I appreciate everything Frank has done for the program. I think he is disappointed, along with us, that his career here at SU did not pan out to his expectations, along with ours. At the end of the day though, you do not see many players stick with a program, so I commend him for that. There will always be a seat at the table for Frank, like it or not.

Frankly, I think his career did pan out to expectations. I never really had any.

He’s kinda lucky we couldn’t recruit a better guard that wasn’t a one year grad transfer...

He did his best. Ideally he’d have been the first guard off the bench his junior and senior year. Like the Scott McKorkle of PG’s.

frank should not get much run going forward, battle and buddy gives us our best chance to win. he literally has trouble making a clean pass, and cant get by any defender, its embarassing

I don't think we had a single good possession with Buddy and Tyus on the floor without Frank second half.

Sure it works when Buddy is hitting shots but when it doesn't we settle for something awful.

Frank has 1-2 bad turnovers a game but otherwise gets assists and hits huge threes for us.

I thought he would pan out - truly did. I loved his vision, and dynamic play his Frosh season - incredibly error prone, and out of control at times, but he was a Frosh. It seemed like after that his shot seemed to keep improving, and everything else kept regressing. I suppose he became a more controlled player, more risk averse, but that vision, etc...all but disappeared, and with the injury so did everything else. I don't know.

I don't think we had a single good possession with Buddy and Tyus on the floor without Frank second half.

Sure it works when Buddy is hitting shots but when it doesn't we settle for something awful.

Frank has 1-2 bad turnovers a game but otherwise gets assists and hits huge threes for us.

Frank had 6 points, 1 assist, and 3 turnovers.

He’s not really a difference maker most nights, IMO.

Frankly, I think his career did pan out to expectations. I never really had any.

He’s kinda lucky we couldn’t recruit a better guard that wasn’t a one year grad transfer...

He did his best. Ideally he’d have been the first guard off the bench his junior and senior year. Like the Scott McKorkle of PG’s.
Every year he had competition he didn’t play well.

Freshman year he showed flashes but it was G and Cooney

Sophomore year Gillon just played better

Junior year there was no one else. Him and Tyus were it.

Senior year Buddy playing seems to lead us to better things

People bash Frank but he wasn't the reason why we lost. Like you said Howard barely played in the second half. Battle and Buddy played a ton in the second half together. The second half was when the wheels fell off

I realize this thread has turned into a general discussion of Frank, but I think the OP is a little misguided.

What would have been the reason to bring Frank off the floor in a 2nd half blowout with fans streaming out of the building and everyone in a foul mood?

As Jay Bilas rightly pointed out, the seniors were honored BEFORE the game.

People bash Frank but he wasn't the reason why we lost. Like you said Howard barely played in the second half. Battle and Buddy played a ton in the second half together. The second half was when the wheels fell off
He's not but he's been terrible this year. People are frustrated with him.

I think the problem is that lazy defense allows shooters to get comfortable - not great with spot-up guys with good range. Also, in the second half, he was so sloppy with the ball....even the assist to Buddy was pretty much him out of control losing the ball and getting Buddy the ball as a bail-out.

He just has to be better. I don't even expect miracles - just some competency in running the offense. He looked like JC out there in the 2nd half...with a better jumper. That's not good.

I realize this thread has turned into a general discussion of Frank, but I think the OP is a little misguided.

What would have been the reason to bring Frank off the floor in a 2nd half blowout with fans streaming out of the building and everyone in a foul mood?

As Jay Bilas rightly pointed out, the seniors were honored BEFORE the game.

Yes. That only works when you win...like we often have on senior day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom