I'll say it | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I'll say it

i'll be glad to get james southerland back in the lineup but perhaps the one brightside to this unfortunate episode is that regardless now jerami grant is going to get some major minutes down the stretch and not get buried on the bench.

Except this team is better with just JS that it is with just JG. Besides, right now JS is a better player.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Totally agree. Take the last play. I think JS would have taken a short jumper just inside the foul line when MCW passed him the ball (and hit it). JG can hit that shot too but dosen't have the experience yet to do it. JG does have a better inside game and maybe rebounder but JS out side shot is needed.

i'll be glad to get james southerland back in the lineup but perhaps the one brightside to this unfortunate episode is that regardless now jerami grant is going to get some major minutes down the stretch and not get get buried on the bench.
I would actually like to see him take some of CJ's minutes. A rested CJ, playing 30 minutes instead of 38 can be a big thing.

So much arguing!!!

3peo4u.jpg

I think the reasoning that James is more important to our success than Grant is simple: he's a shooter. Shooters are something this team doesn't have a lot of. Triche is streaky, MCW has made some lately but his consistency remains to be seen, Cooney is literally hit or miss and Fair is a once in a while type of guy. Grant may have more upside, better basketball IQ, be a better rebounder, hell, he may be better overall than Southerland, but he can't do the one thing this team lacks: shoot from the outside. James can.

This is without even touching the defensive end of things.
Unfortunately Cooney is more miss, miss, miss, hit. I wish he was hit or miss!

I would actually like to see him take some of CJ's minutes. A rested CJ, playing 30 minutes instead of 38 can be a big thing.

The issue right now is Grant and CJ like to operate on the same areas of the floor. So it would be hard for both to go off in the same game. James operates outside in so he will be able to play with Grant or CJ without effecting spacing. Personally if and when James comes back I would start Rak at center with James and CJ. Sub Grant in for CJ or James with grant getting 15min+ a game and the other 2 around 32 minutes a game.

Ill take jerami grant any day of the week over southerland (obviously I want both), and this isn't a knock on southerland.

This kid is good. You can't teach bball iq and he has it.
I think the best pro arguments for JS to resume his spot in the rotation are Louisville, Cincy and ND. The Cards were beat because they do not have 1 shooter of James caliber, Cincy nearly won because they have a few, and ND is more like Louisville, in a long slide backwards because they also have no shooters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom