I'm 99.9 % sure Kentucky is out... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm 99.9 % sure Kentucky is out...

You think NN is picking 'Cuse, RF?

To be clear, I'm basing that on nothing besides optimism. I don't think that any of the information out there has been factual, which is why I never got worried when the ostensibly "expert" prognosticators were making predictions unfavorable to SU. Those guys have been completely full of all week.

Don't know whether he is going to come to SU or not--I just think that if we can eliminate UK, which incidentally was the team that 99% of the experts picked, on the sole basis that it is manifest destiny for top rated recruits to play for Cal, then SU has a lot of things working in our favor. A LOT of things.

Can't wait for the announcement!

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else... but where is it said that the announcement is @ 8:45 not 7:30 (like it was advertised)?
saw that online, sorry I don't have a link :noidea:

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else... but where is it said that the announcement is @ 8:45 not 7:30 (like it was advertised)?
They've been saying it on ESPN all day.

I think the show itself starts at 7:30, Shabazz is announcing first, then Noel.

Donna Ditota (I think it was she) tweeted that NN's announcement is at about 8:45...Shabazz is at 7:45. I think it was info she got from ESPN?

Donna Ditota (I think it was she) tweeted that NN's announcement is at about 8:45...Shabazz is at 7:45. I think it was info she got from ESPN?

Good info--thanks.

To be clear, I'm basing that on nothing besides optimism. I don't think that any of the information out there has been factual, which is why I never got worried when the ostensibly "expert" prognosticators were making predictions unfavorable to SU. Those guys have been completely full of **** all week.

Don't know whether he is going to come to SU or not--I just think that if we can eliminate UK, which incidentally was the team that 99% of the experts picked, on the sole basis that it is manifest destiny for top rated recruits to play for Cal, then SU has a lot of things working in our favor. A LOT of things.

Can't wait for the announcement!
Yeah, I figured that's where you were going with this. I think it will come down to whether NN's mom sways (and the late push by JT3 and JT2) NN to the dark side. Fingers crossed.

NN clearly stated multiple times that the factors which are most important in his recruitment include: fast-paced transition style of play, potential to win an immediate national championship, and length of recruitment. If he chooses G'town he loses all respect above and beyond what is lost purely from playing for that 2nd-tier program.

With everything that has been posted recently, I have a hard time seeing it not be G'Town. I just wish I could tell him that G'Town has not been big man U since the 80s. He will only have Porter around him. It will be like Drummond at UCONN but with even less talent around him. He will play in a system that will make him pass and dribble instead of run and dunk. AND he is clealry one and done so why the hell does G'Town's education matter?? I would completely understand Kentucky but Gtown, an average program, makes no sense to me. I will not feel bad beating down his flat top in DC next year one bit.

Maybe he just likes Georgetown better. Or maybe he doesn't. It's not like we know, but we got Melo in 2002 and we were coming off a season where we were in the NIT.

I understand the timeline isn't exactly the same, since I believe Melo committed much earlier than Noel, but we weren't exactly tearing it up in 2001 and 2002. We weren't any better than Gtown has been the last few years.

I can't believe GTown came in and stole this kid late. I'd love to know what was said. Is it really as simple as just the previous big men who rolled through campus? Good on them I guess. We certainly can't match the bigs they put in the Association...to put it lightly.

images

what was the story with dc and moose? who body slammed who on top of a car?

DC tossed Moose onto the hood of a car. DC was the only person football players were skeeeeered of.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

For what it's worth, NoBoumtjeInTheYaYaRoom from Hoyatalk posted this:
In Portsmouth. Word starting to go around.
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
smiley.gif

Don't want to see him at Gtown, but I would really hate to see him at UK.

Every big time recruit that goes there only makes it more likely for the next one to go there, and validates Calipari's 1 and done philosophy.

If he's not going here, let him go somewhere where he won't likely be impacting our shot at a NC. In this case, Georgetown.
I can appreciate the big picture view of having him on a team that we won't be competing with for the NC - if only the alternative was anyone but GTown.

However, if the Hoyas don't exceed expectations with him next year, that will stir up the "He shoulda gone to Kentucky" talk and also cement the Calipari 19& Under team theory with the next big recruit.

DC tossed Moose onto the hood of a car. DC was the only person football players were skeeeeered of.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

And Moose then turned around and punched out the cars windows. As a side note, Moose played three days (think it was three - might have been less) later and played well.

I'm 99.9% sure Georgetown is out.

Now we're ALL confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom