Im a realist | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Im a realist

The2-3PWN said:
CJ Fair is not John Wallace. This team is not capable of a 1996 like run. Sorry.
This team is washed up. CJ isnt a NBA player and its play shows us how far we will go and thats no where.

We played with fire all year. JB was right; at 25-0 we were more like a 21-4 or 20-5 team.

We played with fire all year. JB was right; at 25-0 we were more like a 21-4 or 20-5 team.
Did he say that? Interesting. Granted not a big follower until March Madness. I'll take that into consideration for my picks. Thanks!

Year after year I wish we had recruited more offensively talented players. I think JB has fallen into a trap of recruiting athletes with size instead of players with pure offensive games. Molding athletes into players is a skill he and his staff has always excelled in, but recruiting talented offensive players seems to be an issue more often than not. Why don't we ever have more than a few guys that can actually hit a 3?

This team went 25-0, sure but who really thought they were a 25-0 team? Not me. Sorry, they never passed the eye test for me. We had a great team in 2009 with Wes Johnson that was great! This team never was IMO. Hopefully they can regroup and play like last years team on D and we get out of the offensive funk.

This team went 25-0, sure but who really thought they were a 25-0 team? Not me. Sorry, they never passed the eye test for me. We had a great team in 2009 with Wes Johnson that was great! This team never was IMO. Hopefully they can regroup and play like last years team on D and we get out of the offensive funk.

I started a thread back then, "least dominate 25-0 team in sports history".

Some called it negativity, some said it doesn't matter how you win if you win. Both just ludicrous. I'll say I again, it COMPLETELY MATTERS HOW YOU WIN. Honestly, how are people shocked by this? We squeaked by so many games, including cupcakes.

this team has enough pieces to beat anyone in the country this year. the problem is the coaching, we have one defense and no offense. we are losing to teams with less talent regularly, and that is a coaching problem. todays game was the type of game that would get a football coach fired.

orangehomer said:
this team has enough pieces to beat anyone in the country this year. the problem is the coaching, we have one defense and no offense. we are losing to teams with less talent regularly, and that is a coaching problem. todays game was the type of game that would get a football coach fired.
This team isnt winning anything significant, besides the Maui Invitational this season. Huge letdown. Huger than Billy Fuccillo can imagine. Its like a winning lottery ticket thats been cashed and sold to the next sucker.

JB has been very unimpressive this year. He's routinely getting out coached by mediocre coaches and his rotations and substitution patterns or lack thereof are pretty bad.

No really good teams? If we played Louisville tomorrow, they'd be favored by 20 and could win by 40-45.

I am not talking about Syracuse vs. XYZ team. I am talking in general there really isn't a completely sub set of dominant teams this year. Hence the reason many teams have multiple multiple losses and also the fact that no team seems to want that fourth number 1 seed.

what kills me the most is even at 25-0 i think we all would realistically say the team wasn't that good but they aren't this bad the way they are playing now. the worst part is that overall the are no really good teams in college bball this year and the championship would have been there for the taking.

The bold part is actually a good to great take. We are not this bad. And that is what makes this so painful.

I'll disagree with the last part. There are plenty of peaking and streaking teams right now. Teams that started poorly, but came together as a unit and are performing now.

At one point we had some kind of magic thing going on defense. Frankly, now, even that is lost.

The bold part is actually a good to great take. We are not this bad. And that is what makes this so painful.

I'll disagree with the last part. There are plenty of peaking and streaking teams right now. Teams that started poorly, but came together as a unit and are performing now.

At one point we had some kind of magic thing going on defense. Frankly, now, even that is lost.
One game can turn all momentum; we thought the FSU win would do that, but it obviously didn't.

Whoever we get round 1 we have to absolutely stomp and see if we can turn this thing around; beating a 13 seed 54-50 will almost certainly lead to a 2nd round loss.

Swish I do agree that there are teams peaking and I am not saying there are not teams that are playing well my point is more that overall I think there is no consistent and dominant team out there who has been consistently playing well for an extended period.

Swish I do agree that there are teams peaking and I am not saying there are not teams that are playing well my point is more that overall I think there is no consistent and dominant team out there who has been consistently playing well for an extended period.

There might not be. My point is that there are teams playing great right now. That is what matters most. IMO.

At one point, even though we were shaky potatoes, at least our D was playing great. Now, you can't point to too many aspects of this team that are great. And, we should have at least 5, JB, the D, Fair, Ennis, and Grant, but we are practically down to 2. And that two no longer involves a team component.

Does anybody on here actually watch the games? Bottom line is we haven't hit shots since the first Duke game. Look at the team shooting % since the Duke game! We get open looks and they don't go down. It's not coaching or how many people play or our defense. JB can't make the players hit open shots. Early in the season we would have games where 4 or 5 guys would score in double figures. Now we get maybe 2 or 3 on a good night. Just need to make some jump shots and lay ups......

This sh it eats me alive it affects my day to day activities its a disgrace . 25-0 to manure. Its not negative its the truth cause i try to keep it positive when it worthy.

I'm miserable right now and couldn't sleep last night. Woke up at 1am and watched tv until 4:30 and am up now and this is all i can think about. This is one of my favorite weekends and tomorrow is my 3rd favorite day of the year after Thanksgiving and Christmas and in my mind now its ruined. I'm going to Vegas Wednesday to Monday for the first weekend. It will be the first time since 2004 that I get to watch all Thursday and Friday games. I'm not looking forward to any of it. They're all ruined because of that loss last night and the build up of losses since BC.

Still, "disgrace" is a strong word. Fab Melo's domestic violence issues and the fact he was only suspended for academics are a disgrace. This is just poor basketball by a group of guys who probably played above themselves for much of the year.

Last edited:
No offense on a consistent level. We reached our ceiling. It kills me to say it absolute kills me but this team cant score enough to win it all. Plain and simple. Huge disappointment after 25-0. It is what it is and the hurts right now and always will and F man face!
I recall you and many others on here prematurely writing off last year's team. And you know what they say about history...

br801 said:
I recall you and many others on here prematurely writing off last year's team. And you know what they say about history...
Your recollection is off. Way off. Wasnt me. This team has no consistent offense to win it all. We cant have players not show up .

This team reached its accomplishments. 25 and 0 to disgrace.

Huh? Maybe its best to be a realist all season. Disgrace? Maybe you'd feel better if we'd lost maybe a few more of those 50-50 games we won to get to 25-0 to help temper expectations and not be "disgraced"?

. JB can't make the players hit open shots.

Is JB allowed to take the people who miss a lot of shots out of the game? Maybe to regroup and take a look on the bench...or maybe out for an extended period of time? It's my understanding in basketball, the coach is allowed to substitute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom