I'm annoyed with some of the response to Ennis' decision | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I'm annoyed with some of the response to Ennis' decision

Worse case scenario (which i don't see at all) is he washes out of the NBA and ends up making hundreds of thousands a year over in Europe. Realistically he can earn money playing basketball until 35. That's only 15 years of getting paid, so why wait another year to earn money?

With that said Tyler's game is so steady worst case I see him as a back up pg for a very long time. Not a bad life.
getting hurt his soph season is the only way he would miss out on being incredibly wealthy

people think ennis should make his decision on how can i increase my odds of having a great rookie year. easy for us to say that with no money at stake

Regarding Tyler's decision, something everyone needs to keep in mind:

getting hurt his soph season is the only way he would miss out on being incredibly wealthy

people think ennis should make his decision on how can i increase my odds of having a great rookie year. easy for us to say that with no money at stake

Not sure I can like the last part enough. It always seems like people are most concerned with guys being the most ready to play in the NBA the second they hit the league. Doesn't always need to be like that.

Wanted to post this again. As I said, it should at least be part of the discussion

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10588150/nba-why-nba-develops-players-better-college

Bunch of jilted lovers. All kinds of crazy commentary about all the extreme and irrational reasons why he's going to fail, if those are some of your true feelings I'm convinced that you believe Hop would tie Tyler's shoes pre-game because he certainly wouldn't have been capable of doing it himself.

Ennis nailed it. He played way above expectations, lead us to a #1 ranking, wasn't even a McDonald's AA as a highschool player and forced himself in to the conversation of best college freshman against the annointed ones Wiggins and Parker AND was on the Wooden Award list. He had a defining highlight moment, got the attention of the basketball world and NBA GMs and is projected as a Top 10 pick. That's not by accident, sports fans. This all happened because he's really, really good at basketball. Like, really good. He's not a perfect basketball player but that's not really the objective here, so let's stop kidding ourselves.

He's making the best decision he can for himself. You'd want your own children to make the same choice. Let's stop pretending otherwise.

The collective response to Ennis' decision has been worse than our response to the Dayton loss.

Are we not allowed to have an opinion on the matter?

It isn't like he is a lock top 5 pick, he is a good college player who needs some work on his game.