I'm anxious to see..... | Syracusefan.com

I'm anxious to see.....

threeamigos.png

... what, if anything, has changed in our offensive approach after such a long layoff or will it be the same old, same old?????
Yes. I suspect that Marek and Moyer will be draining 3's. And PC will have developed a sky hook. No more careless turnovers for Howard as well. Our offensive approach is somewhat hindered by our talent or lack thereof.

Id like to see Moyers role expand. I dont think Marek’s capable of much more. Unfortunately i dont think anyones capable of much more.

Yes. I suspect that Marek and Moyer will be draining 3's. And PC will have developed a sky hook. No more careless turnovers for Howard as well. Our offensive approach is somewhat hindered by our talent or lack thereof.

Gotta coach them up! Just what do they do in practice that a bad shooter can’t become a deadeye in two months!!??

^^^^Not serious, but some of the people who know little about basketball actually say stuff like that.

he has been working on it

If it was something you could just work on over a weekend and make it work our zone would be shredded every game.

I'm unsure if you understand the work that goes into a player adding large pieces to their games.

He's shooting 66 percent from the line, I can't imagine what his percentage would be with defense on him and moving parts all around.

If it was something you could just work on over a weekend and make it work our zone would be shredded every game.

I'm unsure if you understand the work that goes into a player adding large pieces to their games.

He's shooting 66 percent from the line, I can't imagine what his percentage would be with defense on him and moving parts all around.
I thought it all went down like this??

One problem is that as soon as Dolezaj or Moyer miss a shot they start looking over their shoulders at the scorer's table to see if they are being replaced. Both probably think it's better to not shoot and stay on the court and focus on defense and offensive rebounding.

want to see battle come out of his slump.

su is quietly becoming a decent 3 pt shooting team. 6th in the acc in conference play, where frank is hitting at a .486 clip & oshae at .360 (.428 over the last 5). sooner or later, teams are going to trip to that and it will open up the inside game. that will happen a lot sooner if battle regresses to form as a mid-30s shooter.

tonight might not be the night for that: bc's biggest defensive weakness is on the boards, where they are dead last in defensive rebounding. i would hope jb would seek to press that advantage first before going outside.

You’re definitely right that a major change in his game will not happen mid season, but using his free throw percentage is not all that reliable as a comparison to what he’d shoot from the field. Free throws are an entirely different part of the game. I always think of Bruce Bowen when this comes up. A career almost 40 percent from three, but shot less than 60 from the line. Night and day what’d one would expect.

A serious SWING and MISS. An almost perfect stat line by Marek tonight. :rolling:

A serious SWING and MISS. An almost perfect stat line by Marek tonight. :rolling:

Cute. I'm happy with his game tonight but before you try to smear and get your like count up why don't you wait a few games, it's sad we get our jollys off with consecutive wins over Pitt and BC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom