I'm definitely not panicking, but... | Syracusefan.com

I'm definitely not panicking, but...

Eric15

Living Legend
We can't screw around on Monday. It really has to be a win. If we lose at home we're going to be a in position where we have to play our way back in the field.

Georgia Tech has wins this year against UNC, FSU, Notre Dame and Tusculum College. Having to play them twice down the stretch is going to be a huge challenge for us. A split there is a reasonable prediction.

It's a must win in my opinion. Everyone wants to point to GaTech, but winning both of those especially at GaTech is not even close to a gimme. Most likely won't win at Louisville, which leaves us with Duke at home. We lose Monday, and we essentially have to beat Duke and win both those GaTech games. Things can change with the ACC tourney, but I want to be squarely in before then.

We can't screw around on Monday. It really has to be a win. If we lose at home we're going to be a in position where we have to play our way back in the field.

Georgia Tech has wins this year against UNC, FSU, Notre Dame and Tusculum College. Having to play them twice down the stretch is going to be a huge challenge for us. A split there is a reasonable prediction.

I see what you did there.

this is what I don't get...
alot of people somehow must have thought we turned into some kind of "sure thing" team that just wins all it's games, and all of a sudden had some kind of indestructible resume... guess what? after entering the conference at 8-5 it was ALWAYS going to be touch and go - so now when we lose one on the road people are acting like it's some catastrophe and we've blown the last chance we had.
There are 5 conference games left and the ACCT. Lots of other bubble teams are and will be winning and losing games.
Good grief.

alot of people somehow must have thought we turned into some kind of "sure thing" team that just wins all it's games, and all of a sudden had some kind of indestructible resume... guess what? after entering the conference at 8-5 it was ALWAYS going to be touch and go - so now when we lose one on the road people are acting like it's some catastrophe and we've blown the last chance we had.
There are 5 conference games left and the ACCT. Lots of other bubble teams are and will be winning and losing games.
Good grief.
True, but Monday is still significant. People are under the assumption that we are a lock to go 2-0 against GaTech.

Good grief.

Half of our fan base is stupid.

Good grief.

Yeah that thread about whether we would be a protected Top 4 seed was pretty much outside the realm of anything that could be considered a rational thought.

I'm not overly upset that we lost today (honestly, we were due for a loss given our very limited personnel and bench), I just hate how we lost. Being out-rebounded 41-25 and out-assisted 25-11.

We really need to win home games for the remaining regular season and win our first ACCT game to be in for sure. Maybe more

Highly unlikely. Only way is if we lose our last 4. If we win Monday, one more win would get us in.

Fair enough. But you said there's no way we could get left out which implied we are a lock even if we lose out.

Of our last five games, three are extremely challenging and the other two are against a formidable Georgia Tech team, the road game of which we will probably be slight underdogs.

Fair enough. But you said there's no way we could get left out which implied we are a lock even if we lose out.

Of our last five games, three are extremely challenging and the other two are against a formidable Georgia Tech team, the road game of which we will probably be slight underdogs.
Which is why I think Monday is the most important game left. I have no confidence that we win at GaTech. I actually like our chances at home vs Duke and Louisville more than a road game.

Have to beat GT twice and win one against Lville or Duke. Doesn't matter which or if home/away.

SU is not getting in with a 17-15 record.
My post was lacking a sentence. If we win Monday, we will probably win at least 1-2 more. With wins over FSU, UVA, and Louisville, 19 wins gets us in. The projected seeds today shows the respect for the ACC.

one more big win puts us 9-9 and on the bubble with more big wins than almost another team thats bubble worthy. 2 more wins put us probably 6-7the in the ACC with 3-4 bubble ACC teams behind us.

there are a ton of teams in the 10-12 seed range right now with fewer good wins than us..

We need to win 3 of the last 5 to get in. That is going to be very difficult to do. Ville and Tech twice plus a resurgent Duke with K back. This loss hurt since Pitt was the weakest team of the last 6 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom