I'm definitely not panicking, but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm definitely not panicking, but...

you say it so knowingly, where do you get this number?
My thinking is we need to get to 19-12 and especially 11 wins in ACC to get off the bubble and not have to rely on winning games in the ACCT. If we go 18-13 and no wins in ACCT just don't think that's going to do it given our disaster non-conf record.

My thinking is we need to get to 19-12 and especially 11 wins in ACC to get off the bubble and not have to rely on winning games in the ACCT. If we go 18-13 and no wins in ACCT just don't think that's going to do it given our disaster non-conf record.
Fair enough. I happen to agree that if we finish 10-8 conference we'll need at least one in ACCT

No panic here. I already hated Pitt with malevolent passion. It's just business as usual today.

Last edited:
One week ago right now people were hoping for a split of clemson/Pitt.

That was before we won at Clemson, would feel a lot better if we didn't play like crap today.

We have a 50% chance of making the tourney - I know we have a pretty dangerous team right now but on judgment day it stills says we lost to UCONN, GT, St. Johns and BC - and we could have easily lost NC State and Clemson

I think 3/5 or 2/5 with an ACC Tourney win gets us in.

2/5, no tourney win and we may get in but Sunday is going to be ulcer inducing.

Point is, win Monday and no way we get left out. Lose Monday and we essentially have to go 2-0 against GaTech.

I suppose that is an opinion held by many, there are many ways to become deserving of a bid. Not sure why you or anyone else is suddenly nervous about Monday, that is unless someone is a drama queen or they need to inflame their nervous tensions in order to feel alive.

If we lose Monday there is still so much basketball left on the year, hardly time to start charming snakes IMO. I think this team is a tournament team and based on their recent play, so does this team.

Yeah that thread about whether we would be a protected Top 4 seed was pretty much outside the realm of anything that could be considered a rational thought.

I'm not overly upset that we lost today (honestly, we were due for a loss given our very limited personnel and bench), I just hate how we lost. Being out-rebounded 41-25 and out-assisted 25-11.

Today's loss was nothing more than exhaustion, both mental and physical. The flu is also a nasty thing to overcome when you have a short bench. Quick turnaround Monday, I hope we can find our sea legs and the fans can find their vocal chords, because I think the team will need them more than ever.

True, but Monday is still significant. People are under the assumption that we are a lock to go 2-0 against GaTech.

Did you not say we should go at least 12-6 a few days ago?

We are heading home for Game 3, seven game series tied at 1. We still have Home Court Advantage.

And if we come one game short, we get the second chance card with a few wins in the ACC Tourney.

It was always going to be tough. But we can still do it.

Were you not the one that said we should at least go 12-6 a few days ago?
Yeah, that was overzealousness riding the high of a 5 game winning streak. Today brought me back to reality. Thought we would take care of Pitt and go into a home game smoking. Instead we lost and have some players who are battling illness. I'm very nervous about losing Monday and hitting a rut. This team has been good of late, but the majority of the season they folded vs. adversity. We will see which team shows up these next few games.

We need to win 3 of the last 5 to get in. That is going to be very difficult to do. Ville and Tech twice plus a resurgent Duke with K back. This loss hurt since Pitt was the weakest team of the last 6 games.

Agree , have to spilt with gt and the ville and beat duke. Dont think a gt sweep can replace the duke win.

just win and it will sort itself out

this was a bad loss. winnable game when we need everyone we can get. lost it with sloppy play.

this is what I don't get...
alot of people somehow must have thought we turned into some kind of "sure thing" team that just wins all it's games, and all of a sudden had some kind of indestructible resume... guess what? after entering the conference at 8-5 it was ALWAYS going to be touch and go - so now when we lose one on the road people are acting like it's some catastrophe and we've blown the last chance we had.
There are 5 conference games left and the ACCT. Lots of other bubble teams are and will be winning and losing games.
Good grief.

can I like this 100x?

Point is, win Monday and no way we get left out. Lose Monday and we essentially have to go 2-0 against GaTech.
This is not true. A win Monday keeps us on the bubble. We will still be at least 1 win away from being safe. Probably 2.

Yeah, that was overzealousness riding the high of a 5 game winning streak. Today brought me back to reality. Thought we would take care of Pitt and go into a home game smoking. Instead we lost and have some players who are battling illness. I'm very nervous about losing Monday and hitting a rut. This team has been good of late, but the majority of the season they folded vs. adversity. We will see which team shows up these next few games.

The support of the home crowd will determine the outcome. If the crowd is loud and inspiring our team will win. If the normal sit on the butts the whole game crowd shows up we will lose. These are the games where I wish we had a court side student section.

The support of the home crowd will determine the outcome. If the crowd is loud and inspiring our team will win. If the normal sit on the butts the whole game crowd shows up we will lose. These are the games where I wish we had a court side student section.

I can't imagine the crow not being into this one. So long as we avoid s slow start where were down like 15-4 at the 12 minutes timeout I think the crowd will be locked in all the way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom