5. Zen
  6. Inspector Lewis
  7. Inspector Morris
  8. House

Last edited:
I'm also looking for a show

I don't watch shows but I did watch breaking bad and it was great

Any suggestions?? Haven't seen anything else. Hear house of cards is good

If you liked Breaking Bad, Season 1 of Better Call Saul was very good(better than season 1 of Breaking Bad IMO) and should be on Netflix soon. Season 2 starts in February I believe, so I'm sure season 1 will be on there at least a few weeks before season 2 started.

If you liked Breaking Bad, Season 1 of Better Call Saul was very good(better than season 1 of Breaking Bad IMO) and should be on Netflix soon. Season 2 starts in February I believe, so I'm sure season 1 will be on there at least a few weeks before season 2 started.
I was really disappointed in BCS until Mike Ehrmantraut was more involved and then it started to live up to my expectations. Looking forward to this season.

I was really disappointed in BCS until Mike Ehrmantraut was more involved and then it started to live up to my expectations. Looking forward to this season.

I liked it well enough from the beginning, but yeah that midseason episode that was centered on Mike was great and took the show to a whole new level for me. I thought the season finished really strong too.

I'm actually a little jealous that you haven't seen The Wire or Breaking Bad yet. I'd love to be able to experience them for the first time again. I've went through both shows multiple times. Those are my top 2, with The Sopranos and Mad Men being up there as well.

I'm also looking for something new because most of the recent shows I've tried, I've given up on.

I couldn't get into House of Cards. I got near the end of season 1. I thought it was boring.

Orange Is the New Black, I HATED. I found myself rooting for a bomb to drop on the jail to wipe everyone out because I hated every character so much, and that's when I decided it was time to pull the plug.

I might go back to Boardwalk Empire...I think I watched the first 2 seasons and liked it well enough but it just wasn't clicking for me the way I hoped it would.

Weeds was pretty good for a season or two and then really fell off and I gave up.

Orange Is the New Black, I HATED. I found myself rooting for a bomb to drop on the jail to wipe everyone out because I hated every character so much, and that's when I decided it was time to pull the plug.

my friend told me she hated Orange is the New Black, interesting that you didn't like it either. You two are the only people I've heard say that the show sucked. I've never seen one episode and think I'll shelve it for now.

I'm not sure if it's your genre but have you seen Downton Abby? I binge watched the first 4 seasons on Prime a couple of years ago, I absolutely love that show. The 6th and last season starts on PBS in January.

Also I just started watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix and think it's pretty good so far, I've seen 4 or 5 episodes. I don't want to give away the plot that's revealed in the 1st episode but will tell you it has a stellar cast, Jane Fonda, Lilly Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterson. Each episode is about 30 minutes

Grace and Frankie

my friend told me she hated Orange is the New Black, interesting that you didn't like it either. You two are the only people I've heard say that the show sucked. I've never seen one episode and think I'll shelve it for now.

I'm not sure if it's your genre but have you seen Downton Abby? I binge watched the first 4 seasons on Prime a couple of years ago, I absolutely love that show. The 6th and last season starts on PBS in January.

Also I just started watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix and think it's pretty good so far, I've seen 4 or 5 episodes. I don't want to give away the plot that's revealed in the 1st episode but will tell you it has a stellar cast, Jane Fonda, Lilly Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterson. Each episode is about 30 minutes

Grace and Frankie
Binge watched Grace and Frankie earlier this year. New season coming up I think.

I'm actually a little jealous that you haven't seen The Wire or Breaking Bad yet. I'd love to be able to experience them for the first time again. I've went through both shows multiple times. Those are my top 2, with The Sopranos and Mad Men being up there as well.

I'm also looking for something new because most of the recent shows I've tried, I've given up on.

I couldn't get into House of Cards. I got near the end of season 1. I thought it was boring.

I might go back to Boardwalk Empire...I think I watched the first 2 seasons and liked it well enough but it just wasn't clicking for me the way I hoped it would.

Weeds was pretty good for a season or two and then really fell off and I gave up.
Boardwalk Empire ran out of material at the end and got really boring.

I hated Orange is the new Black as well.

The BBC version of House of Cards was much better I thought.

Didn't think Orange is the New Black was bad. I just found it depressing.

i second Justifed, great beginning to end.

one reason i dont cut the cord is to check out so many shows.

if you are into some mayhem/action type shows

black sails= pirates
strike back= action terrorism.
banshee=crook turned cop, kinda

leverage/the librarians less edgy shows more mainstream

bbc does great stuff
the musketeers
orphan black

always come back to the IT crowd if you have been around tech world at all.

and for those who are Bruce Campbell fans Ash vs Evil dead makes Walking Dead look like they ran out of blood.

A show thats not on tv right now but a pretty nice simple TV detective show is MONK.

i second Justifed, great beginning to end.

one reason i dont cut the cord is to check out so many shows.

if you are into some mayhem/action type shows

black sails= pirates
strike back= action terrorism.
banshee=crook turned cop, kinda

leverage/the librarians less edgy shows more mainstream

bbc does great stuff
the musketeers
orphan black

always come back to the IT crowd if you have been around tech world at all.

and for those who are Bruce Campbell fans Ash vs Evil dead makes Walking Dead look like they ran out of blood.

A show thats not on tv right now but a pretty nice simple TV detective show is MONK.
Love Monk!

God, I am the only one who liked Spartacus specially before Andy W. died. Starz currently running re runs. What about Tyrant or the Strain.

Fargo
Breaking Bad
Homeland
Veep
Dexter
Coupling
Curb
Modern Family
House of Cards
Fear the Walking Dead

Didn't think Orange is the New Black was bad. I just found it depressing.
It's definitely a women's show, and is for some reason considered a comedy by critics and the awards shows. It's at most a dramady, maybe leaning toward a drama. But there is enough dick and fart jokes in it that i like it.

With that said, Shameless, anyone?

Orange is the New Black is a well-done show. Some people just like to be contrarian. I am that way with Walking Dead and Adele.

Orange is the New Black is a well-done show. Some people just like to be contrarian. I am that way with Walking Dead and Adele.

I don't care if it's supposedly "well-made" or "critically acclaimed though. It's not enjoyable to watch for me. I need characters that I like watching. That show doesn't have them. So I hate the show, and that's my opinion. I think some people "like" what they feel they're supposed to like.

Also, I've never watched an episode of Walking Dead...doesn't interest me at all.

I don't care if it's supposedly "well-made" or "critically acclaimed though. It's not enjoyable to watch for me. I need characters that I like watching. That show doesn't have them. So I hate the show, and that's my opinion. I think some people "like" what they feel they're supposed to like.
I was responding to the comment that it was "awful show," made by somebody else. It might not be someone's cup of tea, but I can't see how someone could call it an awful show. "Walking Dead" does not interest me at all, but I am sure it is well-done and would therefore never call it an "awful show."

I always get buried for saying this, and I was Army so it is sacrilege but I think The Pacific is better than Band of Brothers.

I enjoyed them both. I thought the acting was better in Band of Brothers though.

I just finished binge watching some Showtime shows after a free preview. First I watched Episodes. A very enjoyable comedy. Then I went in a completely different direction and watched Ray Donovan. Holy smokes is that good! I also would second the suggestions of Homeland and Justified. I watched the first few episodes of BB but couldn't get into it. I also watched the first few of The Wire, but haven't returned to it, though I probably will at some point.

Hell on Wheels
Doc Martin
Jericho
Bloodlines
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Foyle's War
Poirot
All on Netflix.

Bosch on Amazon.