I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I'm continuing to get caught up on stuff I missed out on due to being deployed/busy in the Army. I just finished Season 1 of The Office and I can tell I'm really, really going to like it.

Until you get past Season 4 or 5...then you're really, really going to hate it.

My wife was kind of disappointed that we quit on The Office with about two seasons to go when it was originally airing, so about a month ago she decided we should watch the whole thing on Netflix. Wow. Didn't take long to remember why we stopped watching after its glory seasons.

Anyway, since I've jumped in here, I'll add that The Night Of deserved more buzz. That was a very entertaining short series this summer.

Until you get past Season 4 or 5...then you're really, really going to hate it.

My wife was kind of disappointed that we quit on The Office with about two seasons to go when it was originally airing, so about a month ago she decided we should watch the whole thing on Netflix. Wow. Didn't take long to remember why we stopped watching after its glory seasons.

Anyway, since I've jumped in here, I'll add that The Night Of deserved more buzz. That was a very entertaining short series this summer.

That sucks because man is it great so far. Just started season four.

That sucks because man is it great so far. Just started season four.
Some of us would tell you to keep with it. It goes through some changes but remains fantastic and wraps up very well. Great series.

Some of us would tell you to keep with it. It goes through some changes but remains fantastic and wraps up very well. Great series.

I'll see it all the way through. I heard a lot people say LOST got bad, and it never did for me. And even the people that I've heard say The Office got bad say they really pulled it together for the last season and finished with a really good series finale.

Shameless on Netflix or showtime. Great series about a disfunctional family.

Shameless on Netflix or showtime. Great series about a disfunctional family.

This show has been killing me. I think we are on Season 6, loving every minute of it.. Every time I think it can't get any crazier, something completely insane happens lol

is Westworld worth checking out? it looks like it might be incredibly stupid or the best show ever

Westworld is a good show so far. Think it will get pretty big. But it's not for everyone. That said, I thought the same about GoT and look how that turned out.

Loved Stranger Things! Definitely one of my all-time favorite shows. Hope season 2 is good. I'm curious what toothless will do career-wise in the future.

Narcos doesn't blow you away, but a really good time killer. "True" story is a bit exaggerated, but enjoyed the history lesson.

I really want to like the get down! I think it's a great concept. It's basically the history of hip hop in comic book style. But it's just so cheesy that I couldn't continue. Then I read the director is the same guy that did moulin rouge and it all made sense. Too bad.

All the Netflix produced marvel shows are pretty good. I don't really like superhero stories, but they do such a good job at building the environment that by the end you feel like you were there. I started with Jessica jones. Gave up on it. Watched the other shows. Came back to Jessica jones, and it ended up being my favorite. Really cool how they all tie-in with each other, but don't make it necessary to watch them all. Or in any order.

Last edited:
What are folks thoughts on Luke Cage so far? I am about 5 episodes in.
Almost finished. I have been enjoying it.
Spoiler!!!
Very gritty. I couldn't watch the bullet scenes.

Mr. Robot pretty dang good
Atlanta...good as well

Anybody seen Black Mirror? Started in the UK, but Netflix owns it. A Twilight Zone for the 21st century.

i got really bored with Episode three and haven't watched the fourth yet.

Same here. Could not make it through the 3rd episode and don't know that I will continue with it.

I am currently on season 2 of Poldark. It airs on PBS but the first season is available through Prime.

It doesn't fill the hole Downton left but it is really good.

Mr. Robot pretty dang good
Atlanta...good as well

Don't know what Mr. Robot is but I agree with you that Atlanta is good. Actually I think it's great. I only watch two shows regularly: this and Brooklyn 99.

Anybody seen Black Mirror? Started in the UK, but Netflix owns it. A Twilight Zone for the 21st century.

i watched the first couple episodes, the first was quite disturbing, the second one, i didnt know What was going on

The current season on Netflix - the more Americanized one, to some degree, is even more intense. But more clear.

Jon Hamm stars in one, and Bryce Howard Dallas in another. Makes the whole 21st century cringe-worthy.

question for the folks watching atlanta. They never explained what happened in the first episode. My theory is that Earn defused the situation by shooting at the dog but missed. That's why Darius goes to the shooting range in another episode with the dog target. And he complains about how hard it is shoot a dog. That's also why the arrest was just forgotten about.

Y'all get yourselves one of these & learn how to play ... :cool:

blackmore-strat.png

Just finished Season 5 of The Office, still loving it. Also binged all of Stranger Things and loved every second of it. So much good TV these days.

Speaking of peak TV, a couple of weeks ago TV critics Alan Sepinwall (Hitfix) and Matt Zoller Seitz (New Yorker and Vulture.com) were at Newhouse plugging their book and doing a group discussion with Professor Thompson. It was really interesting and their book is what I'm currently reading. It's their joint effort to create a Top 100 American TV series of all-time. I highly recommend it.