I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I've been watching Stranded With a Million Dollars. It's fantastic. Incredible case study in group dynamics.

I burned trough the first four episodes. :)

I got through it pretty quick. I feel like it hits a rut in the middle, but an interesting enough show. I have a decent amount of gripes, but still would recommend.

Has anyone ever watched the show 'Scandal.' My god, this is easily the worst show I have ever seen in my life. My girlfriend is watching it, and the acting is terrible, the characters are terrible, there isn't a single redeeming quality (I suppose Season 1 is okay compared to what follows, but even that is garbage).

It's perhaps the worst soap opera ever. The President just whines non-stop about wanting to bang the main character, meanwhile, they keep saying he's potentially the greatest man and President ever. Literally though, the only thing he does is going rapey-stalker 100% of the time on wanting to bang this lady. It's soooooooooooooooo horrendously awful. Anyway, check it out!

I got through it pretty quick. I feel like it hits a rut in the middle, but an interesting enough show. I have a decent amount of gripes, but still would recommend.

Has anyone ever watched the show 'Scandal.' My god, this is easily the worst show I have ever seen in my life. My girlfriend is watching it, and the acting is terrible, the characters are terrible, there isn't a single redeeming quality (I suppose Season 1 is okay compared to what follows, but even that is garbage).

It's perhaps the worst soap opera ever. The President just whines non-stop about wanting to bang the main character, meanwhile, they keep saying he's potentially the greatest man and President ever. Literally though, the only thing he does is going rapey-stalker 100% of the time on wanting to bang this lady. It's soooooooooooooooo horrendously awful. Anyway, check it out!
I give it an A for angst.

I give it an A for angst.

Agreed. I thought it was a one season show - I was sort of shocked when it ended. Now I just want Season 2 to arrive.

I've heard that show gets completely bonkers. I'd like to get into it some day.

just finished Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. A pretty good zombie comedy (zombedy?) starring Drew Barrymore & Timothy Olyphant with some excellent guest cameos.

I'm so used to seeing Olyphant as a bad ass (Deadwood, Justified) that it was strange at first, seeing him as just a Regular Joe middle class realtor, but going against type works and his comedy chops are not bad . . .

I've been watching Patriot on Amazon. Hilarious take on the spy genre.

just finished Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. A pretty good zombie comedy (zombedy?) starring Drew Barrymore & Timothy Olyphant with some excellent guest cameos.

I'm so used to seeing Olyphant as a bad ass (Deadwood, Justified) that it was strange at first, seeing him as just a Regular Joe middle class realtor, but going against type works and his comedy chops are not bad . . .
His best role is clearly the Pron producer in Girl Next Door.

Yeah, this has been my favorite season. These writers are so good to pull this off the way they have.

Yup. Just beautiful to see how the Mike/Gus/cartel involvement is blooming now and how Jimmy is becoming Saul.

Yup. Just beautiful to see how the Mike/Gus/cartel involvement is blooming now and how Jimmy is becoming Saul.

Yup. I love the small details that go into everything too. Like Nacho making sure the A/C wasn't working to ensure that Hector wouldn't have his coat on. And then having the cook in the restaurant to leave a little doubt...was he just pretending not to pay attention and did he notice? Or did he really not notice? Love the way they draw out all the details, and create tension around certain moments so well.

Yup. I love the small details that go into everything too. Like Nacho making sure the A/C wasn't working to ensure that Hector wouldn't have his coat on. And then having the cook in the restaurant to leave a little doubt...was he just pretending not to pay attention and did he notice? Or did he really not notice? Love the way they draw out all the details, and create tension around certain moments so well.

Yup! That dork pharmacist Nacho intimidates for orders also is priceless.

Has not disappointed as always!
meh.

turning Mike into Rambo is stupid. What originally began as a disgraced former street cop now has the skills of an entire squad of Rangers.

meh.

turning Mike into Rambo is stupid. What originally began as a disgraced former street cop now has the skills of an entire squad of Rangers.

Mike was Rambo in Breaking Bad and this is a prequel to it so it's building towards that beautifully, imo.

Mike was Rambo in Breaking Bad and this is a prequel to it so it's building towards that beautifully, imo.
no, on BB he was a former cop with normal cop skills. He used his savvy & street smarts to stay a step ahead of his opponents.

now, he can disarm gun thugs with the quickness of Bruce Lee and sever shoe laces at 800 yards like he's Chris Kyle.

I get why the fanboys get off on that stuff, but I would believe Fonzi is going to ski over a shark while wearing a leather jacket before I believe that old man is going to pull off those stunts.