I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

it got awful reviews on the sites i looked at. i was planning on giving it a shot though. trying to decide now whether to stick with deadly class.

Very good show, can't wait for the new season.

Also, to follow on with melancer: just started watching High Castle and it seems very good.
Just finished The Americans. Great show! Last season was tough to watch because of how much pain the characters were going through but still very entertaining. One of those that you don't want to end!

Russian Doll is okay.

I really liked this one. It was slightly boring until she died the first time, but it took off from there as she tried to figure out What was going on and the weird twists started coming

I've started watching The Passage. Just a few episodes in but it adapts pretty well from the book. Really curious how they'll handle certain narrative intricacies. You'll know what I mean if you've read the series.

Currently binge watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix. It is surprisingly good.

You can pretty much see the big reveal coming from a mile away, but I kinda think they meant for it to be that way and it was more about how we ended up there. I really enjoyed it; might be #2 after Daredevil as far as Superhero shows go IMO.

There's 2 or 3 really good acting performances in here too.

My recent interests:
PEN15 — so much fun
Luther, season 5 — some silly bits, but i love 'Alice Morgan'
re-binging VEEP
re-binging "24" — many silly bits
True Detective, season 3 — crushing on Carmen Ejogo
Russian Dolls — some good bits
Maniac — i love Sonoya Mizuno

I really enjoyed BARRY and Get Shorty.

Mrs. Maisel, season 1 was entertaining, but i heard season 2 was a disappointment.

Is Black Monday worthwhile?

Just watched the first episode of Homeland the other night. Jeez. Not sure I’m quite up for this yet. Seems intense.

Just watched the first episode of Homeland the other night. Jeez. Not sure I’m quite up for this yet. Seems intense.
Homeland Season 1? Really good series.
"Abu Nazir" is an acquaintance. Really fantastic dude, but that character is spectacular.

"Abu Nazir" is an acquaintance. Really fantastic dude, but that character is spectacular.

I’ve heard great things from several friends and family members who often like the same shows as me.

I liked the first episode and will definitely stick with it.

Certainly seems like a show I have to be really “ready” to watch though.

My recent interests:
PEN15 — so much fun
Luther, season 5 — some silly bits, but i love 'Alice Morgan'
re-binging VEEP
re-binging "24" — many silly bits
True Detective, season 3 — crushing on Carmen Ejogo
Russian Dolls — some good bits
Maniac — i love Sonoya Mizuno

I really enjoyed BARRY and Get Shorty.

Mrs. Maisel, season 1 was entertaining, but i heard season 2 was a disappointment.

Is Black Monday worthwhile?

Nice list, I should check some of those out. Yes, Mrs. Maisel crashed in the second season - for every moment in the original that was fresh and funny, its counterpart in the second was formulaic and forced. Borderline unwatchable, which was disappointing because the first season was the best thing I saw on TV in 2018.

I loved 24 when it was first run. About three years ago I caught the first two seasons on Netflix...wow. Silly doesn't do it justice. That did not age well.

We caught A Very English Scandal on Prime last week. Hadn't seen that mentioned on here yet. It was OK, pretty well done (as always), kind of sad.

Nice list, I should check some of those out. Yes, Mrs. Maisel crashed in the second season - for every moment in the original that was fresh and funny, its counterpart in the second was formulaic and forced. Borderline unwatchable, which was disappointing because the first season was the best thing I saw on TV in 2018.

I loved 24 when it was first run. About three years ago I caught the first two seasons on Netflix...wow. Silly doesn't do it justice. That did not age well.

We caught A Very English Scandal on Prime last week. Hadn't seen that mentioned on here yet. It was OK, pretty well done (as always), kind of sad.
Totally agree on 24. I first thought i was going to binge it again, but worried it hadn't aged well, and i had to stop before finishing the first episode. Silly. But, a few weeks later, i tried again, and once you pass a threshold—i guess it's a retro-oriented suspension of disbelief—it's surprisingly re-entertaining.

Totally agree on 24. I first thought i was going to binge it again, but worried it hadn't aged well, and i had to stop before finishing the first episode. Silly. But, a few weeks later, i tried again, and once you pass a threshold—i guess it's a retro-oriented suspension of disbelief—it's surprisingly re-entertaining.

I think at least it should have some sentimental appeal. It aired my freshman year of college and it was must-watch TV (except when it conflicted with Big Monday) for a bunch of us on my floor every week. Good times.

"You" is an interesting show. All the characters are terrible, but it's entertaining.

I would agree with this - I was bored at times, but worth a watch if you're in a genuine "show hole." Interesting show, and definitely entertaining.

Homeland Season 1 - great.
Season 2 - good.

Season 3?? I’m 3 episodes in and I’m bored to tears. I hope this season gets better.

Edit: my bad. I’m actually only two episodes in. Really thought it was 3. Not good. That’s how boring those two episodes were.

Last edited:
Is it worth getting free week trial hbo to watch what I can of gameof thrones?

Is it worth getting free week trial hbo to watch what I can of gameof thrones?

Have you seen any of the show yet?

Are you trying to get everything watched before the new season?

How much free time will you have during that week?

I see little benefit to watching anything but the entirety of the first 7 seasons before watching the upcoming final season. You'll be doing yourself a major disservice. If you have an entire week to do nothing but binge watch the first 7 seasons, then you might be able to fit them in. I've probably watched the entirety of the series 6 or 7 times. Every time it gets better as I notice something new.

Have you seen any of the show yet?

Are you trying to get everything watched before the new season?

How much free time will you have during that week?

I see little benefit to watching anything but the entirety of the first 7 seasons before watching the upcoming final season. You'll be doing yourself a major disservice. If you have an entire week to do nothing but binge watch the first 7 seasons, then you might be able to fit them in. I've probably watched the entirety of the series 6 or 7 times. Every time it gets better as I notice something new.

Not a chance I finish each season during the 1 week trial, especially since march madness. Have not seen any of them. Would only watch first couple seasons, I think. And would not watch season 8 whenever that comes out until I find a way to watch every thing else.