I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Not a chance I finish each season during the 1 week trial, especially since march madness. Have not seen any of them. Would only watch first couple seasons, I think. And would not watch season 8 whenever that comes out until I find a way to watch every thing else.

Hmm... Then why wouldn't you snag the trial to watch however much of it you're able to? Unless you're asking if there are better things to use the free trial on, In which case I'd still say GoT is the best thing on HBO (in my opinion).

Not a chance I finish each season during the 1 week trial, especially since march madness. Have not seen any of them. Would only watch first couple seasons, I think. And would not watch season 8 whenever that comes out until I find a way to watch every thing else.
Watch what you can, with the expectation you will need to finish them all at some point, somehow. You will need to find a way. Yeah, do not ever consider skipping seasons.

Hmm... Then why wouldn't you snag the trial to watch however much of it you're able to? Unless you're asking if there are better things to use the free trial on, In which case I'd still say GoT is the best thing on HBO (in my opinion).
Well yeah if I do trial it’ll be only for thrones. But no way I finish all in one week.

We started "Catastrophe" on Prime last night.. Just got sick of searching for a new show, saw it was like 25 mins/episode, gave it a shot.

Freaking hilarious

In case anyone loved Mad Men and decides that watching The Romanoffs sounds like a good idea, don't do it.
I liked it. It is certainly not for everyone. Every episode was a visual treat, almost like watching a painting. I understand that not everyone wants that from their television.

I liked it. It is certainly not for everyone. Every episode was a visual treat, almost like watching a painting. I understand that not everyone wants that from their television.

If the episodes were closer to 45-50 minutes, I would have been more "appreciative". At 80 minutes on average, I felt bored to tears.

For those who've never seen it, each episode stands on its own, and the "series" can be watched in any order you choose.

We started "Catastrophe" on Prime last night.. Just got sick of searching for a new show, saw it was like 25 mins/episode, gave it a shot.

Freaking hilarious

This is kind of a spoiler but not a spoiler because it's really just a throwaway line, but they called Mike Pence a "microwaved-apple-lookin-ass-MFer" on the new season. I guess it works better on the show than it does in print, but it was hilarious, both because it's nonsense and also kind of sounds right.

Strangers Things season 3 trailer is out. I was entertained by the first two seasons.

Love Death and Robots.

Some of it is hit or miss but overall I loved the series.

My favs:

-Beyond the Aquila Rift
-Zima Blue
-The Witness
-Sonnie’s Edge
-Suits

There’s 18 episodes, all under 20 minutes, but these 5 were works of art. Beyond the Aquila Rift had me in my head for a good hour after watching it - the twist is some straight up nightmare fuel.

Last edited:
bbc's "bodyguard" streaming on netflix

the titular character is sgt. david budd, an elite british ex-soldier, afghanistan vet who is suffering from (undiagnosed) ptsd which has/is messing up his personal life. he is assigned to protect the british home secretary, who is a very ardent war-on-terror pol and whose politics budd opposes. i won't give any more set up than that other than to say that richard madden, who plays budd, is masterful in presenting a very tightly wound professional officer.

i'm three episodes in and hooked

bbc's "bodyguard" streaming on netflix

the titular character is sgt. david budd, an elite british ex-soldier, afghanistan vet who is suffering from (undiagnosed) ptsd which has/is messing up his personal life. he is assigned to protect the british home secretary, who is a very ardent war-on-terror pol and whose politics budd opposes. i won't give any more set up than that other than to say that richard madden, who plays budd, is masterful in presenting a very tightly wound professional officer.

i'm three episodes in and hooked
i learned today that the star, richard madden, played robb stark on game of thrones. i don't watch that show myself so i don't know if that is an endorsement or not, but those who do watch & know him may think so.

madden won - deservedly - the best actor golden globe for his performance in bodyguard this past year

i learned today that the star, richard madden, played robb stark on game of thrones. i don't watch that show myself so i don't know if that is an endorsement or not, but those who do watch & know him may think so.

madden won - deservedly - the best actor golden globe for his performance in bodyguard this past year
Wow ... didn’t recognize him without the facial hair

In case anyone loved Mad Men and decides that watching The Romanoffs sounds like a good idea, don't do it.
I'm sorta enjoying The Romanoffs. I kinda think each episode is about 15 minutes too long, though. So far, at least. I'm only through episode four. The writing is strong. It doesn't help that every episode is completely independent, so there's no building of your relationship to any character over time. But, i think each one has been equal to the others. So far. Not 'great,' but good. And definitely not something to binge.

If anyone wants something sorta smart, but offbeat, try The Book Group.
It's streamable for free on TubiTv.com.
From Scotland, but featuring one american actress, Anne Dudek. Ignore how obnoxious she is at the onset. This show also has GoT's "The Hound," way before he became The Hound. And my favorite, Michelle Gomez from Green Wing.

Well yeah if I do trial it’ll be only for thrones. But no way I finish all in one week.

i can send you a link where you can watch the whole series (and tons of others) for free

hannah on amazon. quite silly but great fun

If you liked The Leftovers I definitely recommend The OA on Netflix. Most creative show I've seen in a long time. At times it also reminds me of LOST, which is enough for me to like a show.