I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

the yom kippur episode in season is one of the funniest single sitcom episodes i've ever seen

Was that Season 2? I remember that one, was funny.

This free preview of the pay channels is ingenious. I’ve enjoyed catching up on homeland. Free preview ends Sunday night. Series finale is a week from that.

How did I just now stumble across Schitts Creek!? Watched the 5 seasons on Netflix in about a week.

The show is hysterical and very heartfelt. Caught myself just smiling ear to ear at some parts.

Finished better call Saul through 4 seasons. Not sure how to watch S5 though.

Currently binging The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Just about done with season 1. Love it!

Alex Bornstein (voice of Lois Griffin on Family Guy) is fabulous.

First season is great. I liked the next 2 as well, but it gets pretty corny at times. Have to stick with it.

Just started Killing Eve. Very entertained so far.

I already miss Ozark. I wish season 4 could just start right now.

Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu is really good. Reese Witherspoon turns every book she reads into a tv series and plays similar characters, but even so it’s actually very entertaining.

Watched Unorthodox on Netflix, a 4 episode mini series about a young Orthodox Jewish woman named Esther who leaves her new husband in Brooklyn and escapes to Berlin. It was a really great short series based on a true story, Netflix has the trailer you can watch
FWIW, my wife loved this show.

Finished up Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell last night. It’s a BBC production on Netflix of a book from 2004. If you like magic, period pieces, alternate timelines and sketchy side characters, this was pretty great. Seven episodes. Starts slowly and picks up steam as it goes. I found it entertaining, but I enjoy the genre so it wasn’t a hard sell for me.

Finished up Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell last night. It’s a BBC production on Netflix of a book from 2004. If you like magic, period pieces, alternate timelines and sketchy side characters, this was pretty great. Seven episodes. Starts slowly and picks up steam as it goes. I found it entertaining, but I enjoy the genre so it wasn’t a hard sell for me.
We might be into that, we'll check it out.

The Mrs and I started Outer Banks last night. Two episodes in, we're intrigued. It's a kidventure with older kids, so edgier. Definitely has a Breaking Bad type of feel.

We might be into that, we'll check it out.

The Mrs and I started Outer Banks last night. Two episodes in, we're intrigued. It's a kidventure with older kids, so edgier. Definitely has a Breaking Bad type of feel.
Didn’t want to be the first to say it, but Outer Banks isn’t half bad.

Filmed outside Charleston, which is a completely different aesthetic than OBX, but otherwise, definitely drew me in.

Didn’t want to be the first to say it, but Outer Banks isn’t half bad.

Filmed outside Charleston, which is a completely different aesthetic than OBX, but otherwise, definitely drew me in.
We didn't go in with super high expectations. The trailer was decent so figured we'd give it a look.

The last episode of season 5 is tomorrow night. Maybe look on AMC’s on demand channel if you have it and see if it’s got season 5 on there? Or see if AMC is re-airing this season at all?

I was really surprised at how much I liked On My Block. It’s on Netflix and follows a group of high school kids growing up in a tough LA neighborhood. A nice mix of the absurd and the poignant, a weird mix of Saved by the Bell and The Wire. Although it is aimed at teens, it has a lot of mature content.

Got through the first 5 episodes of game of thrones. I’m digging it. The hour long hurts though.

Following the names is difficult since there’s so many people and their names are wacky.
The wonderful thing about the writing is that they almost always incidentally or purposefully use character names and or note context. There are a ton of characters, but the writing is so good, it's easy or becomes easy to keep track.

And if you're only 5 episodes in, good lord, i envy you. So much magnificence is yet to come.

My recent watching (no spoilers):

Killing Eve. So glad i decided to give this a chance. I wasn't enthused about watching Sandra Oh, and something about the previews made it look like a "USA network" piece of crap. But, it's good. A lot of fun. Jodie Comer is awesome. If you haven't seen it, watch two episodes, and then google an interview with her. She's kinda legit intimidating in the show.

Narcos. I loved the first two seasons. Haven't really been into the whole Mexico thing. Still watching, but slowly, and without a lot of interest.

Waco. Watched all 6 episodes last Saturday. Not great, but pretty good.

Better Call Saul. I'm still surprised at the lovefest for this. I loved Breaking Bad, but BCS just seems like a slow, protracted 'spin-off' and contrived retrospection. It's not bad. It's just not great. And the best stuff doesn't even involve Saul himself. The other characters are more compelling.

The Crown. I loved Season 2. Claire Foy and Vanessa Kirby really moved that season along. This season, the highlight has been Prince Charles, by Josh O'Connor. That guy should be the star of the next set of Star Wars flicks or something.

Has no one—still—seen People Just Do Nothing? British mockumentary about a pirate radio station and a collection of idiot DJs. Fun stuff.

Devs. I probably stuck with it because i'm intrigued by Sonoya Mizuno. Loved her in Ex Machina, and Maniac. Three hugely different roles. Anyway, it's decent. I may have to watch the final episode again, as it's not the kind of thing you can view casually.

Tales from the Loop and Dispatches from the Edge. I tried both. I think i finished the first episodes of each, but these types of shows—'mindbenders?'—i just can't get into. I need to care more. About someone or something, and these things, i dunno—too much about 'trickery' that may not really be clever enough to be interesting.

Good Girls. Started it once, and didn't get more than five minutes into it. Just didn't like looking at those women. I won't go further than that. But, i tried again last month, and pretty much binged it up until the current episode. It's decent fun. I got a charge when i couldn't figure out why Mae Whitman looked so familiar, and found out she was the plain Jane, personality void Ann Veal from Arrested Development.

Succession. Happy for the free HBO, as i had seen the first season and was missing the second. I really, really liked this. Somehow, on this show and on Billions, there are no real likable people. But, once you get past that, the writing is good, and it's just brutal fun. Billions sorta got cartoonish and annoying after a while. Maybe Succession will, too, but Season 2 was fantastic.

Ozark. Good stuff. I think Ruth's f-bombs, though, are way too much now. It's like she's jumped the shark, and she's also the shark. Still, i like her. But, come on. It's like she's going for the record. It's stupid.

Formula 1: Drive to Survive. Awesome. I've watched every race since 1996, but even as a massive fan, i still really only pay attention to the race at the front. I have cared about 'my' drivers, and their main competition, and very little for the rest of the field. But, this show brings all those mid-field and backmarker stories to the fore. When the season begins (if it begins) in 2020, i think the races will be significantly more interesting. If you don't watch F1, try this show. It might make a fan of you. It's an amazing sport with a rich history. The cars are incredible—the design, the technology. The international locales... I mean, contrasting it with NASCAR is kind of a joke. It's just a far more intelligent sport.

Peaky Blinders. Another series that it took me a while to get into, but it's very good. For some reason, though, i got interrupted and haven't gone back to it yet. But, it's beautifully-made. I think i may have just exhausted my interest in the storyline/s.

ZZ Top. Not the best music documentary i'd ever seen, but it's interesting if you're a guitar player or rock/blues fan and want to know more about them than we saw with those 80s video hits.

Don't F**k With Cats. A mindblowing resolution. I'm surprised i didn't know about this when it was actually happening.

Marriage Story. Good drama. Not too devastatingly sad to watch a second time, actually.

Criminal UK. I wish it were more than three episodes.

Maniac. Sonoya Mizuno! This is only sorta 'mindbending.' Still has feet on the ground, though. Good performance(s) by Emma Stone. Cool aesthetic by the director, Cary Joji Fukunaga who did True Detective Season 1, and parts of(?) Atlanta.

Atypical and The Kominsky Method are entertaining.

Do you have access to AMC, or Verizon?
The last episode of season 5 is tomorrow night. Maybe look on AMC’s on demand channel if you have it and see if it’s got season 5 on there? Or see if AMC is re-airing this season at all?
Yeah, AMC has past episodes but only episode 6 onward, which is annoying.

i think you can purchase it through amazon prime, the whole season or just per episode

I just watched eight seasons of Homeland in eight days.
Saul gets kidnapped a lot.
Did you see the very last episode? I didn’t think it was out yet.

My recent watching (no spoilers):

Killing Eve. So glad i decided to give this a chance. I wasn't enthused about watching Sandra Oh, and something about the previews made it look like a "USA network" piece of crap. But, it's good. A lot of fun. Jodie Comer is awesome. If you haven't seen it, watch two episodes, and then google an interview with her. She's kinda legit intimidating in the show.

Narcos. I loved the first two seasons. Haven't really been into the whole Mexico thing. Still watching, but slowly, and without a lot of interest.

Waco. Watched all 6 episodes last Saturday. Not great, but pretty good.

Better Call Saul. I'm still surprised at the lovefest for this. I loved Breaking Bad, but BCS just seems like a slow, protracted 'spin-off' and contrived retrospection. It's not bad. It's just not great. And the best stuff doesn't even involve Saul himself. The other characters are more compelling.

The Crown. I loved Season 2. Claire Foy and Vanessa Kirby really moved that season along. This season, the highlight has been Prince Charles, by Josh O'Connor. That guy should be the star of the next set of Star Wars flicks or something.

Has no one—still—seen People Just Do Nothing? British mockumentary about a pirate radio station and a collection of idiot DJs. Fun stuff.

Devs. I probably stuck with it because i'm intrigued by Sonoya Mizuno. Loved her in Ex Machina, and Maniac. Three hugely different roles. Anyway, it's decent. I may have to watch the final episode again, as it's not the kind of thing you can view casually.

Tales from the Loop and Dispatches from the Edge. I tried both. I think i finished the first episodes of each, but these types of shows—'mindbenders?'—i just can't get into. I need to care more. About someone or something, and these things, i dunno—too much about 'trickery' that may not really be clever enough to be interesting.

Good Girls. Started it once, and didn't get more than five minutes into it. Just didn't like looking at those women. I won't go further than that. But, i tried again last month, and pretty much binged it up until the current episode. It's decent fun. I got a charge when i couldn't figure out why Mae Whitman looked so familiar, and found out she was the plain Jane, personality void Ann Veal from Arrested Development.

Succession. Happy for the free HBO, as i had seen the first season and was missing the second. I really, really liked this. Somehow, on this show and on Billions, there are no real likable people. But, once you get past that, the writing is good, and it's just brutal fun. Billions sorta got cartoonish and annoying after a while. Maybe Succession will, too, but Season 2 was fantastic.

Ozark. Good stuff. I think Ruth's f-bombs, though, are way too much now. It's like she's jumped the shark, and she's also the shark. Still, i like her. But, come on. It's like she's going for the record. It's stupid.

Formula 1: Drive to Survive. Awesome. I've watched every race since 1996, but even as a massive fan, i still really only pay attention to the race at the front. I have cared about 'my' drivers, and their main competition, and very little for the rest of the field. But, this show brings all those mid-field and backmarker stories to the fore. When the season begins (if it begins) in 2020, i think the races will be significantly more interesting. If you don't watch F1, try this show. It might make a fan of you. It's an amazing sport with a rich history. The cars are incredible—the design, the technology. The international locales... I mean, contrasting it with NASCAR is kind of a joke. It's just a far more intelligent sport.

Peaky Blinders. Another series that it took me a while to get into, but it's very good. For some reason, though, i got interrupted and haven't gone back to it yet. But, it's beautifully-made. I think i may have just exhausted my interest in the storyline/s.

ZZ Top. Not the best music documentary i'd ever seen, but it's interesting if you're a guitar player or rock/blues fan and want to know more about them than we saw with those 80s video hits.

Don't F**k With Cats. A mindblowing resolution. I'm surprised i didn't know about this when it was actually happening.

Marriage Story. Good drama. Not too devastatingly sad to watch a second time, actually.

Criminal UK. I wish it were more than three episodes.

Maniac. Sonoya Mizuno! This is only sorta 'mindbending.' Still has feet on the ground, though. Good performance(s) by Emma Stone. Cool aesthetic by the director, Cary Joji Fukunaga who did True Detective Season 1, and parts of(?) Atlanta.

Atypical and The Kominsky Method are entertaining.

Always been an oval racing guy, having raced a bit myself. Was never into any sort of road racing, but always had respect for what those guys did. Couldn't believe how "into" Drive to Survive I got. Binged season 1 in like three evenings, same thing with season 2.

Made me start to play around with open wheel road racing on iracing. Maybe a little sports car action too.
Was in a race with Felipe Nasr the other day, 65 laps at Indy