I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Exactly my take on show. wife and I watched it live way back when. we stopped watching right about season 3. maybe to 4 or 5, cant remember. BUt had no desire to watch any episodes after we stopped.
Also recently started watching Suits, and also at the suggestion of a co-worker. And also have an all new appreciation for Meghan Markle.

I just finished season 3 last night, and I think it's a good place for closure. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that show went on way longer than it needed to.

I enjoyed it, but just felt like I was done.

Funny—that’s where I stopped. Just checked and I ended in the middle of season 3, episode 6.

Knocked out Slow Horses season 3. Another good, quick season. Great show. Love having the 2 seasons per year.

I’m back on For All Mankind. I really, really dislike this season.

The show Culprits was okay.

There’s a show called Such Brave Girls on Hulu, also. It’s… different. Funny, but ‘challenging’ in a way that it’s just soooo bigly nasty. I think it’s too much for most Americans. I’m not a prude, but this show makes me feel like one sometimes.

I’m maybe two-thirds into Murder at the End of the World. Again, it’s okay.

Finished the season of Bookie (Max). Another okay show. Had a few moments.

Finished The Crown. I loved it. I’ve said this before: I have never given a whit about the actual British monarchy, but I loved just about everything in this series. The performances, the scenery, the storylines. And still, even now, I don’t give a damn about the actual people. I just love the cinematic presentation of these dramatizations, recreations, and ‘likely fictions.‘ I think this last season was not as well received/reviewed, as it had to manage and tackle the Diana tragedy, and because that was related to sordid Tabloid drama, it was handled similarly on screen. But they did give her enormous humanity and depicted the responses beautifully. And then to wind down, with the Queen and her inevitability without even reaching that timeline on screen was also nicely done.

Obliterated. It’s low-brow fun at times. Probably shouldn’t have been more than a movie or a handful of episodes. It has one trick, that can be cute at times, but I don’t feel compelled to keep watching. It’s reached ‘last resort’ status for me—if there’s nothing else on….

Fargo. Still love Juno. Getting used to looking at the wicked mom-in-law. Some good repartee between her and Hamm at their sit down. The ”baby” line was killer. Even Though that was brilliantly targeted at Trump, there are far too many instances of political or cultural skewering that are way too primitive. The skirt guy is a good character. Wish there were more of him and less of the dumb son.

I used to LOVE that show. I made it one episode into this season. It's just generic sci-fi to me now. The retro alt-history angle was great, and I find myself caring less and less about the people that are left.

I used to LOVE that show. I made it one episode into this season. It's just generic sci-fi to me now. The retro alt-history angle was great, and I find myself caring less and less about the people that are left.
Yeah, it was really good to start.
This season... well, it did finish better than it started, but it was still my least favorite. The Toby Kebbel(?) character was annoying, and i didn't buy his accent. Kinnamon was insufferable. And the plot scheme eventually became 'more,' but for too long it was just a piss and moan thing. Oh, well. I haven't looked up whether it's being picked up for another season, but it ended as if that was it.

Updated:
"Apple TV+ is yet to announce whether For All Mankind will return for season 5 – however, we do know that's very much the intention for series co-creator Matt Wolpert."

I'm staying up way too late binge watching The Trust on Netflix. Really good reality show.

People are stupid.

Spoiler alert (kinda):

Any Outlander fans?

I loved it for the first three seasons. I'm in the middle of season 4 and I've nearly smashed my tv every episode through the middle of the season! Does the writing ever recover?

Even if it doesn't, I'd be ok if they would just get rid of Brianna.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not going to let this slide. I can see not liking it, but dismissing reality TV altogether isn't a legitimate claim.
I can’t think of a good one. Maybe the first season of The Real World or An American Family?

I guess it depends on how one distinguishes between “reality television” and docuseries. I definitely like some docuseries. I like Welcome to Wrexham. Is that a reality show or a docuseries?

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not going to let this slide. I can see not liking it, but dismissing reality TV altogether isn't a legitimate claim.
Not with Top Chef out there. We will see how it is without the goddess padma.

I see that as a competition show, not a show that is attempting to capture “reality.”
Fair. I don’t watch any other reality shows, so I guess I’m in your camp now.

The show Ted on Peacock, it's live action Family Guy. I'm dying here, it's obnoxious because it's Seth MacFarlane but also hilarious because he's not censored.

Yeah, it was really good to start.
This season... well, it did finish better than it started, but it was still my least favorite. The Toby Kebbel(?) character was annoying, and i didn't buy his accent. Kinnamon was insufferable. And the plot scheme eventually became 'more,' but for too long it was just a piss and moan thing. Oh, well. I haven't looked up whether it's being picked up for another season, but it ended as if that was it.

Updated:
"Apple TV+ is yet to announce whether For All Mankind will return for season 5 – however, we do know that's very much the intention for series co-creator Matt Wolpert."
I think I read somewhere that the creators have a storyline for seven seasons. We’ll see if they get there. I’ve enjoyed the seasons less and less…but still watch. Kinnaman’s character this season has been both insufferable and not interesting. I keep thinking they should put his character out his misery.

The show Ted on Peacock, it's live action Family Guy. I'm dying here, it's obnoxious because it's Seth MacFarlane but also hilarious because he's not censored.
I enjoyed the films. I haven’t checked out the series yet.

I enjoyed the films. I haven’t checked out the series yet.
I find that it's better than the Ted movie probably because I love Family Guy and Ted is more like Stewie with Peter's voice in the show. Blair would be Lois as a teenager, the rest of the cast you can fill in the blank if you've ever seen an episode of Family Guy.

Edit: Blair is Brian, of course. Can't believe I didn't get it until now.

Last edited:

The show Culprits was okay.

There’s a show called Such Brave Girls on Hulu, also. It’s… different. Funny, but ‘challenging’ in a way that it’s just soooo bigly nasty. I think it’s too much for most Americans. I’m not a prude, but this show makes me feel like one sometimes.

I’m maybe two-thirds into Murder at the End of the World. Again, it’s okay.

Finished the season of Bookie (Max). Another okay show. Had a few moments.

Finished The Crown. I loved it. I’ve said this before: I have never given a whit about the actual British monarchy, but I loved just about everything in this series. The performances, the scenery, the storylines. And still, even now, I don’t give a damn about the actual people. I just love the cinematic presentation of these dramatizations, recreations, and ‘likely fictions.‘ I think this last season was not as well received/reviewed, as it had to manage and tackle the Diana tragedy, and because that was related to sordid Tabloid drama, it was handled similarly on screen. But they did give her enormous humanity and depicted the responses beautifully. And then to wind down, with the Queen and her inevitability without even reaching that timeline on screen was also nicely done.

Obliterated. It’s low-brow fun at times. Probably shouldn’t have been more than a movie or a handful of episodes. It has one trick, that can be cute at times, but I don’t feel compelled to keep watching. It’s reached ‘last resort’ status for me—if there’s nothing else on….

Fargo. Still love Juno. Getting used to looking at the wicked mom-in-law. Some good repartee between her and Hamm at their sit down. The ”baby” line was killer. Even Though that was brilliantly targeted at Trump, there are far too many instances of political or cultural skewering that are way too primitive. The skirt guy is a good character. Wish there were more of him and less of the dumb son.
I watched Murder at the End of the World and think it was decent. The beginning was compelling and was hard to predict. It was a unique premise with interesting characters. It turned into something that was not as good I had expected. I think it is worth sticking out the last 1/3. I just started watching Animal Kingdom since it is on Amazon Prime, and I didn't cancel before I was automatically renewed.