I'm No Lax Expert, But What I Saw Was: | Syracusefan.com

I'm No Lax Expert, But What I Saw Was:

newmexicuse

All Conference
1. We do not have anybody on O who can beat his man consistantly to break down a D. Nor do we offset that with any kind of interior passing/playmaking.

2. Lot's of criticism of the TOs; however, I think the real problem goes to point 1. If we can't breakdown a D & create an opening, sooner or later there will be a TO if all we do is perimeter passing.

3. What happened on the face-offs? We dominated in the first half and then...... They sure looked like they wanted the ball more in the second half.

4. Overall lack of team confidence, once we fell behind the team flat out paniced & gambled (often silly gambles) on D resulting in many open easy shots for them. No confidence that our O could come back lead to no discipline on D.

5. Goal-tending - All I can say is average. Wardell made the standard saves & didn't seem to come up with any difficult clutch saves. Sure miss Galloway's outlet passing starting the O.

6. Coaching - well as I said in the title I am no lax expert to really discuss nuances of the game. However, it seems to me all of our great teams played with confidence and attacked and the were exciting to watch. This team always looks back on it's heels and is boring to watch. Coaching too defensively or mediocre talent - probably a bit of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom