I'm not even sure Brissett could get drafted. | Syracusefan.com

I'm not even sure Brissett could get drafted.

Dcuse

All Conference
And that league lives off drafting mediocre college underclassmen.

Battle isn't getting drafted at this rate so I highly doubt anyone is taking a flyer on a guy who struggles to finish against college players and shoots 30% from 3.

Battle isn't getting drafted at this rate so I highly doubt anyone is taking a flyer on a guy who struggles to finish against college players and shoots 30% from 3.
Just wondering...has there been OB draft talk after this season? That would be shocking.

Wow, you picked a hell of a game to make that statement. Battle won about 5 one on THREE battles at the end of the game. He was brilliant today
He hasn't been very good consistently and while he put up numbers today, one game will not put him into one of the 2 rounds of the NBA Draft. He's going to need to kill it at the combine. Unfortunately for him, this season is going to hurt his stock given he has no help, we aren't good, he doesn't elevate others and he doesn't have a unique skill set (ala Lydon - Stretch 4).

He hasn't been very good consistently and while he put up numbers today, one game will not put him into one of the 2 rounds of the NBA Draft. He's going to need to kill it at the combine. Unfortunately for him, this season is going to hurt his stock given he has no help, we aren't good, he doesn't elevate others and he doesn't have a unique skill set (ala Lydon - Stretch 4).

I think he’d elevate his stock more by showing he can pass, than by scoring even 25 ppg. They know he can score and possibly defend. He hasn’t shown he can do anything else. In fact he’s shown that he CANT pass to this point. He’s gotta start making plays for others when he drives, when it’s the right play to make.

Are you serious?

It was a one-on-four from when Frank fouled out. And he managed to get us to a second OT.

People it SUCKS to lose but LOOK AT THE MAKEUP OF THIS TEAM before posting seriously remedial thoughts.

Are you serious?

It was a one-on-four from when Frank fouled out. And he managed to get us to a second OT.

People it SUCKS to lose but LOOK AT THE MAKEUP OF THIS TEAM before posting seriously remedial thoughts.
First off, you quoted me talking about Brissett so not sure where you're going with that.

Secondly, ask any of the NBA guys on here if Tyus is getting drafted. He has a chance but is far from a lock.

Soooo YES, IM SERIOUS.

First off, you quoted me talking about Brissett so not sure where you're going with that.

Secondly, ask any of the NBA guys on here if Tyus is getting drafted. He has a chance but is far from a lock.

Soooo YES, IM SERIOUS.

How much would you like to bet.

DM me. I'm all over that bet.

He’s a freshman doing better than can be expected while being asked to do far too much. Our depth is non existent and our competition is elite. the flaws of this team are due to sanctions and recruiting strategy, not player effort/talent.

Brissetts a big time freshmen talent.

I think he’d elevate his stock more by showing he can pass, than by scoring even 25 ppg. They know he can score and possibly defend. He hasn’t shown he can do anything else. In fact he’s shown that he CANT pass to this point. He’s gotta start making plays for others when he drives, when it’s the right play to make.

He made just that at the very end of the 1st OT. Had the ball above the key and made a move towards the left side of the key, FSU's wing guy came over to double team Battle, but before he could get there, Battle saw what was happening and made a nice pass to a wide open Brissett in the corner. If Brissett nails that wide open look there, Battle get a great game winning assist.

How much would you like to bet.

DM me. I'm all over that bet.
He's #43 in SI's mock from 3 days ago.

I think he'll drop as the season goes on but climb when he gets to the combine and teams see his defensive ability outside the zone.

However, he's probably not cracking the 1st Round which puts him in the 2nd where teams start stashing guys.

I would bet he gets drafted so I'm not betting you he won't, but I don't think he's a lock and will need the combine to solidify himself as a 2nd Round Pick.

NBA Big Board 3.0: Trae Young climbs up Top 60

He made just that at the very end of the 1st OT. Had the ball above the key and starting driving, FSU's wing guy came over to double team Battle, but before he could get there, Battle saw what was happening and made a nice pass to a wide open Brissett in the corner. If Brissett nails that wide open look there, Battle get a great game winning assist.

Yes. Agreed. But that’s once. He had zero assists, while having the ball in his hands all the time.

The fast break where he went 1 on 2 while Washington was wide open for a kick out 3...those are plays he’s gotta start making consistently.

It’s hard to play with confidence when you never know if you’re actually going to get the ball when you’re open.

He's #43 in SI's mock from 3 days ago.

I think he'll drop as the season goes on but climb when he gets to the combine and teams see his defensive ability outside the zone.

However, he's probably not cracking the 1st Round which puts him in the 2nd where teams start stashing guys.

I would bet he gets drafted so I'm not betting you he won't, but I don't think he's a lock and will need the combine to solidify himself as a 2nd Round Pick.

NBA Big Board 3.0: Trae Young climbs up Top 60

So you went from not getting drafted to getting drafted within five minutes. LOL. OK.

So you went from not getting drafted to getting drafted within five minutes. LOL. OK.
You're very sensitive right now. It's called hyperbole and I used it to make a point on Brissett. Tyus is a projected 2nd Round Pick and has work to do to make sure he doesn't drop out of the Draft altogether. Do with that what you will.

Battle has the size and athleticism that the NBA drools over. The combine will help him more than it will hurt him. He also won't be the sole focus of an opposing team if he were in the league. There is a lot expected and put on this kid with the team we have, which results in him forcing it up sometimes. Its basically 3 on 5 when we're on offense, can't blame him for chucking it as often as he does. He has hit plenty of clutch shots already in his short career and seems to shine more often than not when it comes down to crunch time.

The NBA is much better at allowing freedom of movement along with keeping the lane from clogging, something that would benefit Tyus' style of play more than other SG's.

He may not be a first rounder at the moment, but there is still plenty of time and opportunities for him to play his way into it. I guess we have to wait and see.

He’s a freshman doing better than can be expected while being asked to do far too much. Our depth is non existent and our competition is elite. the flaws of this team are due to sanctions and recruiting strategy, not player effort/talent.

I think some of them have hit the wall, and some may have been playing over their heads. I wish JB would have been playing Washington (and Geno before him) more than he did, just because it's a long season. You can't ask guys to play 40 minutes for 25-30 games a season. They may be young, but they're not indestructible. A season wears on a player.

I don't think he's being asked to do much that should be out of his comfort zone as a Frosh, outside of logging hefty minutes. Frank and Tyus handle the ball 99.3793289% of the time and he's free to play off the ball. He's a heck of a talent, but he's mind-blowingly bad at finishing. I thought Mali had trouble finishing his Frosh year - and he was light years better.

Are you serious?

You do realize he is allowed to pass the ball and get it back ? They were doing BETTER without Howard because they were moving the ball much more effectively initially . Then for some reason battle forgot he had 4 other people on the team . I’m not expecting the others to score and finish , but they should touch the ball and facilitate easier shots .. which they WERE doing for the initial period after Howard fouled out

I think some of them have hit the wall, and some may have been playing over their heads. I wish JB would have been playing Washington (and Geno before him) more than he did, just because it's a long season. You can't ask guys to play 40 minutes for 25-30 games a season. They may be young, but they're not indestructible. A season wears on a player.
Its absolutely does, good point

And that league lives off drafting mediocre college underclassmen.

Is this player hating or just random left field thoughts. Not even sure what to make of this.

Will there be a Marek couldn't even get on a Euro team follow up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom