Im ok with this | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Im ok with this

UVA is a final four team IMO.. So versatile as a team. Offensively and defensively. Really guard and is well coached. Bennett is a great coach. Just an ass beating today. Syracuse isn't good on offense with grant and without him they are hapless

... or maybe we aren't that good. we did lose to BC two weeks ago on our home court. truth is somewhere in between.

I'm not OK with the way anything is going right now. Grant is hurt, we've lost 3 of 4, and we are extremely limited in the ways we can score.

In my wildest dreams, Roberson plays a lot and plays well the next two games and becomes a much needed positive "addition" going forward.

Different scenario in every other single way obviously, but Josh Pace was not in the rotation basically from the time Edelin came back in 2003. Pace just started getting PT again at the very end of that regular season and then was a huge contributor in the NCAA's.

What were those signs??? Way too much iso one on one offense...
I know, far from where we need to be but Cooney knocked down a couple 3's, CJ looked back to normal, and I liked Tyler's aggressiveness - both looking to score more and pushing the ball. Small signs, I know, but...

I know, far from where we need to be but Cooney knocked down a couple 3's, CJ looked back to normal, and I liked Tyler's aggressiveness - both looking to score more and pushing the ball. Small signs, I know, but...
All good points but I hate the fact that there was little ball movement and too many late jacks.

UVA is playing harder and better. They are also better coached today.
a lot better coached today as they beat us with a bunch of 3 and 4 star recruits.

their bigs dominated us with hustle and strength

All good points but I hate the fact that there was little ball movement and too many late jacks.
agreed. Just hope we're moving in right direction. Ultimately, all going to depend on Jerami...

a lot better coached today as they beat us with a bunch of 3 and 4 star recruits.

their bigs dominated us with hustle and strength
A better team beat us today.

With a healthy Grant and the NCAA games being played on a neutral court, we will be reserving hotel rooms in Dallas.

kingtidge said:
Nah... paper tiger syndrome.

We'll be lucky to get out of the first weekend of the big dance the way we are playing.

It's all about peaking this time of year... we all know it.

We're a wet fart in in the tighty-whities at the moment.

Lol. Last year there was a thread that the team was the worst team in JB's tenure. You're insane if you think we will be lucky to get out of the first weekend.

I am never o.k. with a loss.....we are the ones who slow the pace to a snail crawl as we have to be last in the ACC on tempo and it's been about a 5 year trend downwards

agreed. Just hope we're moving in right direction. Ultimately, all going to depend on Jerami...

we just lost a pick-em game by 20... and Grant isn't going to change that result on his best day...

kingtidge said:
we just lost a pick-em game by 20... and Grant isn't going to change that on his best day...

Lighten up dude. Its fine. We lost to gtown by 100 last year and turned it around

we just lost a pick-em game by 20... and Grant isn't going to change that result on his best day...
You're right. We'll probably lose the rest of our pick 'em games by 20 - with or without Jerami. How silly of me...

Nah... paper tiger syndrome.

We'll be lucky to get out of the first weekend of the big dance the way we are playing.

It's all about peaking this time of year... we all know it.

We're a wet fart in in the tighty-whities at the moment.
How quickly fans forget last season, when we lost 4 of our last 5 games.

I'd like to think otherwise, but Grant wasn't going to win that game. Their bigs were pushing him around. Grant has so much to work on I wouldn't know where to begin.

Lighten up dude. Its fine. We lost to gtown by 100 last year and turned it around
Love the positive attitude. Really do, but what do you see happening that we can turn this thing around? (Aside hopefully getting JG healthy?

We're tired & beat up. Multiple nail-biter games have us at the very least mentally fatigued.
Sick & tired of the standard "we'll be fine" stuff, when we play 6 guys on average & our "stars" are beaten down. One or two nagging injuries, and there goes the season.
Love JB but Stevie Wonder can see we're dragging to the finish line. Again, a pumped up mid-major hitting shots beats us in the round of 64 or 32.
Doesn't seem quite as far fetched now, does it?

People act like we played awful and got blown out all game. We didn't get beat soundly to the last 12 minutes.

This wasn't as bad as Gtown in the dome last year, or @Ville in 09-10. Or Seton Hall at home in 10-11. Remember our febuary swoon in 08-09? And those were pretty good Cuse teams.

Its pretty obvious we haven't been dominating the last 9 games no suprise here. Ennis, Grant, Cooney, Gbinije haven't been in a situation like this with big minutes before. A good learning experience.

Don't we get a pass when were missing players? Like Michigan State? Wait, what's that? Mich st was at full strength? Oh and what happened to Louisville?

Ryand877 said:
Love the positive attitude. Really do, but what do you see happening that we can turn this thing around? (Aside hopefully getting JG healthy?

Pressure is off now. What happened last year after Georgetown? We were right the ship.

You're right. We'll probably lose the rest of our pick 'em games by 20 - with or without Jerami. How silly of me...

All I'm saying is my postseason expectations are now A LOT more pedestrian. It's no longer a one, two or three game funk with our current form...

We simply aren't playing well right now... certainly not top 10 caliber by any stretch...

JB has his work cut out... best start ever could easily degrade to the biggest bedsh!tting ever if things don't turn around and fast.

All I'm saying is my postseason expectations are now A LOT more pedestrian. It's no longer a one, two or three game funk with our current form...

We simply aren't playing well right now... certainly not top 10 caliber by any stretch...

JB has his work cut out... best start ever could easily degrade to the biggest bedsh!tting ever if things don't turn around and fast.
I don't want this to sound snarky because it's not intended as such but do you watch any other teams play besides cuse. I mean outside the top 5 is a complete cluster...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom