I'm so happy for BJ and his father... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I'm so happy for BJ and his father...

You don't forsake wins for playing time.

We did still lose the game yesterday.

Problem is that kids need extended playing time to really get comfortable. 2 minutes here and there won't do the trick.

But, if you give them extended playing time at the expense of better players, you risk losing games.
Rak Christmas should never sit he is playing at an all-American level.
Gbinije has been great even he should sit a few minutes and he has been playing at an all-ACC level.
Nobody else warrants 35+ mpg.
Fair, MCW, Wes Johnson type players fit never sitting. When your season is over at the end of the regular season and the winning season streak assured playing these games to win and with MLB September callup approach with the bench wouldn't be a bad thing. Rak should never sit but he is really it.

You don't forsake wins for playing time.

We did still lose the game yesterday.

Problem is that kids need extended playing time to really get comfortable. 2 minutes here and there won't do the trick.

But, if you give them extended playing time at the expense of better players, you risk losing games.
Extended playing time at this juncture for this particular season should no longer be a factor- it can be used as a blessing in disguise by giving needed PT to the young guys.
In any case, there should never be a circumstance where Trevor Cooney runs himself ragged and wears out like he did last year. IMHO, JB fails miserably under this ethic of his that "kids don't get tired". It's the epitome of shortsightedness and we've seen it repeatedly. I just think there are better ways to do it...but what do I know.

Honestly, while the statements made were seemingly intentionally provocative, I do see and tend to agree with the point. BJ will be in a situation next year where, as a junior, he is a non option at the 1, 4 and 5 for obvious frame reasons, at the 2 will likely be behind Cooney, Malachi, Gbinije and Patterson, then at the 3 will likely be behind Malachi, Gbinije, Roberson and maybe even CMac. Even if you say he beats out CMac and Patterson, that is 4th string everywhere in his junior year. Even if we lose Cooney, Gbinije and CMac, the next year he is still behind Malachi and maybe Patterson, and then Roberson at the other spot. It may just be better to move on, IMO. I won't be so bold as to say I know as the other poster, but this is what I see right now as a fan.

Had to log-in for this thread. Losing to Pitt stinks (and Roberson missing the last second layup to lose my halftime bet) but love to see BJ do well. The kid has it in him, and will only continue to gain confidence the rest of this year and we all know he will work his tail off this off-season. I'm looking forward to his and Roberson's progression the most next year. I think they have special things in store for us, and it's nice to see them both slowly come out of their shell this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom