I'm sorry, QG has to stop taking 3's | Syracusefan.com

I'm sorry, QG has to stop taking 3's

Enjoy your posts but this is a third or fourth order concern and low on the list of why SU lost

I honestly didn't have a problem with his 3s today.

IMO, the bigger offensive problem today was Hughes basically disappearing for 10:00 in the 2nd half

IMO, the bigger offensive problem today was Hughes basically disappearing for 10:00 in the 2nd half
I had no problem with Hughes. But let's make him stay another year until we get this right.

Id pay Joe, Buddy or Hughes to drive and look for Q downlow. He’s open almost every time.

this is NOT a team that requires hero ball. We need to be smarter on offense.
We were smart enough. It's tough to win on the road and we were right there.

I think the biggest issue is Dolezaj getting into foul trouble. We need him to stay on floor and be able to contribute on offense
And be on the floor with three fouls or less for as long as possible. It feels like he always has four fouls.

And be on the floor with three fouls or less for as long as possible. It feels like he always has four fouls.

He had some crap calls against him tonight but he always has one or two that are just undisciplined

His threes actually looked better than those put up by some of our "shooters"
It seems to me that when he takes the ball inside from those spots, he often scores. I agree that his form looks good.

Enjoy your posts but this is a third or fourth order concern and low on the list of why SU lost
Not at all, he makes one of the two he had wide open and its a W.

We were smart enough. It's tough to win on the road and we were right there.
Im proud of the effort they put out there but this is still a team learning along the way. Thats fine, I’m not mad. We still had an opportunity to win on the road with our bigs fouled out. There’s encouragement to find

How about joe disappearing for the first 35 minutes?

I don't think I said it was thee reason we lost. But it did not help.

How about joe disappearing for the first 35 minutes?

I'll give a freshman who doesn't do much for the first 35:00 a pass, especially when he plays well down the stretch. he seemed like the only guy who really wanted the ball.

But, your team leader, well...he has to lead.

so he should be shooting more of them?
I am not saying that. The one was within the flow of the offense for sure and a clean look. He is gonna make that before JB retires.

I am not saying that. The one was within the flow of the offense for sure and a clean look. He is gonna make that before JB retires.
right. so the complaint about QG shooting threes doesn't matter. he had a good look and took it. who cares

Every time Guerrier attempts a three, it is a wasted possession.

Those two possessions sure could have come in handy in what turned out to be a 1-point loss.

I haven't been this puzzled by a big man's obsession with bricking threes since Elvir Ovcina.

QG is a shooting 14% from 3. If I was defending him I'd say "shoot" when he's behind the 3-point line. I think JB should tell him to shot a 3 only when the shot clock is at 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom