I'm starting to feel ... optimistic again ?!?! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm starting to feel ... optimistic again ?!?!

I can't remember the name of that QB from Liverpool who was all everything and Coach Mac wanted to recruit in the worst way but he ended up with the Irish. The kid said," It's very sobering to see your name #5 on the depth chart." ND converted him to a TE and he later played for the Rams.

If he wanted to stay a QB, with today's portal, he'd be the kind of player a school like SU could pick up. I think this will be a way forward.

I can't remember the name of that QB from Liverpool who was all everything and Coach Mac wanted to recruit in the worst way but he ended up with the Irish. The kid said," It's very sobering to see your name #5 on the depth chart." ND converted him to a TE and he later played for the Rams.

If he wanted to stay a QB, with today's portal, he'd be the kind of player a school like SU could pick up. I think this will be a way forward.

Agree with your fundamental point, you are talking about Pete Holohan but he was in college well before Mac ever coached at Syracuse so he wasn’t recruited by Mac. Pete was drafted in the NFL in 1981 or 82. pete probably still is the best athlete to ever come out of Liverpool. Could have played D1 hoops as well.

pete probably would be a josh allen type QB in today’s NFL and I’m not kidding. He was that good an athlete but not the prototype back in the late 70’s at ND. Pete was about 6-4 240 when he left ND.

Last edited:
I’m definitely off the ledge I was on. I don’t know how we’ll do next year with the schedule but I think progress can be made and that’s what I haven’t seen a lot of since our 10 win season. The school being willing to spend $ on getting quality coaches was huge thing for me as a fan. Maybe they fail here, I don’t know but there’s absolutely a lot of reasons to be optimistic for the progress that can be made.

I’m definitely off the ledge I was on. I don’t know how we’ll do next year with the schedule but I think progress can be made and that’s what I haven’t seen a lot of since our 10 win season. The school being willing to spend $ on getting quality coaches was huge thing for me as a fan. Maybe they fail here, I don’t know but there’s absolutely a lot of reasons to be optimistic for the progress that can be made.

Yeah all you can really ask for at this point. I think we will see it on the field as well. Solid coaching all the way around abs let Dino close with recruits and fill the gaps. I don’t see Dino going anywhere anytime soon

Yeah all you can really ask for at this point. I think we will see it on the field as well. Solid coaching all the way around abs let Dino close with recruits and fill the gaps. I don’t see Dino going anywhere anytime soon

There’s no reason to think that won’t happen. All you can ask for as a fan is that the admin does what it can to make quality hires and we’ve done that. I was worried we wouldn’t. What the coaches do from here, is what it is but at least the school has done more than I expected to try to put out a quality product.

I always start out optimistic.

Optimism: The hope that Anae/Beck are on par with the Schmidt/White hires. It always starts here. Anae/Beck have always seemed to adapt to the players they have to get results. No square peg in round holes. Looks like we have some depth in the QB room.

Concern. We've lost a bunch of contributors. Our season could hinge on the health of 44. (WHOOPS. 34.)

Put up 6 TDs on Uconn in the first half? Here we go...

I always start out optimistic.

Optimism: The hope that Anae/Beck are on par with the Schmidt/White hires. It always starts here. Anae/Beck have always seemed to adapt to the players they have to get results. No square peg in round holes. Looks like we have some depth in the QB room.

Concern. We've lost a bunch of contributors. Our season could hinge on the health of 44. (WHOOPS. 34.)

Put up 6 TDs on Uconn in the first half? Here we go...
This coming season’s results will be impacted by many different things:
Coaching
Health of players
Learning curve for both players and coaches
Scouting of our opponents and their coaching and player tendencies
Communication between all facets of the program
Possible rule changes
Portal rules
and so many more that at this time we don’t have enough data to accurately predict with our best football minds on this board.
Generally, I feel very upbeat about where our program is going!

If our new D Line can create pressure that will go a long way towards success next year. We have a QB murderers row to face:

Cunningham
Leary
Armstrong
O’Connell
Slovis
Jurkovich
Howell
Travis

We put a good DL out there and are able to throw the ball, we will get to 6.

If our new D Line can create pressure that will go a long way towards success next year. We have a QB murderers row to face:

Cunningham
Leary
Armstrong
O’Connell
Slovis
Jurkovich
Howell
Travis

We put a good DL out there and are able to throw the ball, we will get to 6.

Forget about creating pressure. Job 1 is ALWAYS being able to stop the run.
If you can't stop the run on defense, it's "game over".

I'm drinking the Kool Aid. Feels great to have optimism re football. I remain convinced that Dino can pull this off. I think Shrader will be better. Having one or two WR's emerge is crucial. Looking forward to the fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom