I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

Yeah Judah definitely didnt know the ref was trying to take the ball. Seemed like he was busy taking to his bench and he thought a Louisville player tried to rip ball from him. Definitely not worthy of the T. Just a warning should have been sufficient

It’s easy to say this after playing a terrible Louisville team. But we’ve seen enough games where he wasn’t able to get into the lane at will. Lets keep some perspective.
You are correct, but that’s an unpopular opinion around here. I don’t recall a single word said or any of his antics against Reece Beckman and UVA. Much like every other game we lost by 20+

Judah is an elite athlete with the ability to get in the lane anytime he wants. They don’t grow on trees. Judah is immature and needs tough love. Red has shown him some tough love. You don’t let your best player leave to play somewhere else. No one you bring in will have the impact Judah has on a game. Coleman’s behavior was much worse than Judah. He would throw punches and not get taken out.
Your not comparing the basketball value of those two, are you?

Judah is an elite athlete with the ability to get in the lane anytime he wants. They don’t grow on trees. Judah is immature and needs tough love. Red has shown him some tough love. You don’t let your best player leave to play somewhere else. No one you bring in will have the impact Judah has on a game. Coleman’s behavior was much worse than Judah. He would throw punches and not get taken out.

Judah is not an elite athlete, full stop.

I can’t believe I have to keep posting this.

Yeah Judah definitely didnt know the ref was trying to take the ball. Seemed like he was busy taking to his bench and he thought a Louisville player tried to rip ball from him. Definitely not worthy of the T. Just a warning should have been sufficient
It’s certainly worthy of a tech. Whether he knew it was the ref or not, he’s holding the ball, holding up the game To complain about the refs to the bench.

Whatever though, red dealt with it got him back out there and Judah had a great game. His behavior on the court has been disgraceful all season. This game was no different.

We would have if someone wasn’t forced to do business approximately 73 miles down the road.
Let’s be clear here. We had the $, we chose not to spend it on Jessie. Weitsman’s exodus had nothing to do with it.

Basically we spent it to get JJ and Westry…and to keep Judah. Had more in the budget for a big man, got outbid on a couple of bigs, had to settle for McLeod. Had $ left over and got Cuffe.

The narrative that we didn’t have money to keep Jessie is wrong. We chose not to let him blow our budget and instead built for the future.

Last edited:
My problem with Judah is that more often as not on a drive, he ends up on the floor and expects the ref to call a foul just because he's on the floor whether it was caused by the defense or not! One of these days they are going call a flop foul on him.

In 2006, posters thought Devo was a punk and wanted him gone.

In 2023, posters wanted him added to the coaching staff here.
Does that mean posters will want Judah on the staff in 2040?

That was a reputation T.
Good point. Like crying wolf. The primary problem is these kids have been coddled for years. Beyond anything I've ever seen. Educators are neutered to the point they have very little authority. Coaches worry about kids bolting. Kids have agents, handlers, friends, family, outsiders trying to poach them and of course the ever present ever dominant social media pressure. Bottom line it's a hot mess. A virtually impossible task for a coach.
My two cents is that I'm very impressed with how has handled this transition. On a related note I'm so glad he dismissed Benny. Enough was enough.
On a related note I'm also impressed with how Fran is taking control. Today's environment is the hardest it has ever been for a college coach and administrator. I believe we have a great AD and excellent coaches. Reds doing one heck of a job and I believe he will continue to evolve and improve with time.

Completely separate issue.

The rulebook doesn't have separate clauses about what the rules are depending on the degree to which a referee feels they have been given respect. And for good reason.

Plus, referees and players do not have equivalent roles. The player is the competitor. The player either is involved in a losing outcome, or a winning outcome. When the game is over there's no winning or losing for a referee. They don't have the same stakes depending on how well they do their job. They just have to do their job. They also don't face an opponent that's attempting to stop them from being successful, and is attempting to be more successful than them. Maybe they'd be better at their job if they did.

So I absolutely put more responsibility on the shoulders of the refs to do their job well, and if Judah is getting fouled, and they're swallowing the whistle because they don't like Judah, they're failing at their job, and may lack the emotionally maturity to do their job.
I understand where you are coming from but the alternative is worse. They could just T him up every time he talks to them. Maybe they should, maybe it would help. But most officials don't mind talking to the kids, giving them advice. They also have consequences of doing their job well or not well. There have been multiple officials in the past who don't get selected to do tournament games and lose a bigger payday. So the question becomes-do you take the refs as they are or have them give a T every possession?

Refs can be critiqued. I do it every game. Just not by players. Players play and shut their mouths. Coaches have the job of critiquing refs. They do a good job of it. It's pretty simple. As for players being whiney pita's?? Sadly, that is our team. You ever see other teams whine like we do?
I watched Kansas whine all game

I understand where you are coming from but the alternative is worse. They could just T him up every time he talks to them. Maybe they should, maybe it would help. But most officials don't mind talking to the kids, giving them advice. They also have consequences of doing their job well or not well. There have been multiple officials in the past who don't get selected to do tournament games and lose a bigger payday. So the question becomes-do you take the refs as they are or have them give a T every possession?
Refs talking to the kids is part of the game. Bitchin' about calls and trash talking is part of the game. It's up to the coaches to shut an athlete up before they go too far. To that end, I think Red will be just fine.

I couldn't watch the game and want to check it out. When in the game did the T happen?

I couldn't watch the game and want to check it out. When in the game did the T happen?
Sometime early in the second half, maybe at the 12 or 13 minute mark, but don't hold me to that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom