I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

Judah’s good, but a pain in the a$$. Red and GMac have had two years of what we saw last night. We can get a winning player elsewhere who isn’t half the headache. Not to mention he’s going to wait until May to make a decision which the staff cannot afford going into next year.
Main thing Red and GMac saw was an efficient 21 points and 5 assists. If the board has their way we will get a nice obedient mild mannered unselfish transfer who puts up half of Judah's production and cannot dribble by his man. Unless he is set on the league, you do what you can to keep the guy. Junior year Judah still with us would be incredible, especially with better pieces around him. People care way too much about attitude. They would not if we won more games. And we have been winning a heck of a lot down the stretch with Judah leading the way, warts and all.

Main thing Red and GMac saw was an efficient 21 points and 5 assists. If the board has their way we will get a nice obedient mild mannered unselfish transfer who puts up half of Judah's production and cannot dribble by his man. Unless he is set on the league, you do what you can to keep the guy. Junior year Judah still with us would be incredible, especially with better pieces around him. People care way too much about attitude. They would not if we won more games. And we have been winning a heck of a lot down the stretch with Judah leading the way, warts and all.
You’re simply not reading the tea leaves here. Red and Gerry see a kid who is difficult to coach, doesn’t actually work on the things he needs to go pro, and may be causing strife in the locker room.

He hasn’t truly improved on the two main things he needed to get better at - shooting the three and distributing the ball. What makes you think he’s going to this summer?

You wanted him T'd up for thinking a Louisville player was trying to take the ball from him? As soon as he realized it was the ref he gave him the ball.
Strawman.

I wanted him T'd up for the constant complaining he has done for 2 years. The ball thing was inadvertent but if he had any control of his emotions he wouldn't have had such a knee jerk reaction.

And yes, he reminds me of a bad teammate I played with on JVs. Talented kid with the worst attitude. It was exhausting playing with him.

Youre simply not reading the tea leaves here. Red and Gerry see a kid who is difficult to coach, doesn’t actually work on the things he needs to go pro, and may be causing strife in the locker room.

He hasn’t truly improved on the two main things he needed to get better at - shooting the three and distributing the ball. What makes you think he’s going to this summer?
Regardless of how Red or Gerry view the situation, I think Judah was always going to move on from SU after this year. His path to monetizing his basketball skills may have to change from what he had envisioned, but I think he's almost certainly out.

I just saw this thread, hard to believe there are nine pages discussing this. At any rate, since so much discussion, and I don't recall the T (I must have been on a beer run to the kitchen at the time), I pulled up the video to watch. I also recorded it in case anyone else wants to see it. Based on the video...

I don't know if it was "so quickly."

Looked to me like Judah was carrying on while the ball should have been inbounded. The ref let it go for a few seconds, but then wanted to get the ball back in play. When he reached for it, Judah pulled it away.

I'm fairly certain that Judah wasn't trying to get into it with the ref. And I'm guessing that he didn't realize it was the ref reaching for the ball [based upon Judah's reaction, I believe [and I acknowledge that this is my opinion only] that he assumed it was a Louisville player, which is why he pulled the ball away].

But put yourself in the ref's shoes. A kid is complaining about a missed call, then goes on and on with his coach on the sideline while the game should be actively live. To get things rolling, you try to get the ball from said player to get the game back on track, and the kid pulls it away.

Seemed to me like it wasn't that quick -- it was all of the stuff in combination that drew the T.
I agree with all of this. The bottom line though is Judah absolutely deserved getting a T. Then yelling at your coach was inexcusable.

He’s not coming back no matter what.

I just saw this thread, hard to believe there are nine pages discussing this. At any rate, since so much discussion, and I don't recall the T (I must have been on a beer run to the kitchen at the time), I pulled up the video to watch. I also recorded it in case anyone else wants to see it. Based on the video...

I agree with all of this. The bottom line though is Judah absolutely deserved getting a T. Then yelling at your coach was inexcusable.

First time I saw that. One - there was no one behind him from the other team, and he knew the ref was right there. All apologists must stop with the nonsense that he thought someone from the other team was trying to get it. Wow.

Two - he did not give the ball back once he saw it was the ref. The ref took the ball. OIG you’d be well served to let that one go.

First time I saw that. One - there was no one behind him from the other team, and he knew the ref was right there. All apologists must stop with the nonsense that he thought someone from the other team was trying to get it. Wow.
I dunno man, I'm still like 98% convinced he thought it was another player. I mean we all know Judah is super cocky and mixes it up with other players, but he would have to be an absolute sociopath to not let a ref take a ball from him.

This thread...

Judah is becoming an elite finisher and in my opinion rather explosive. Tools to work with. I think he should go get paid, some NBA team would give him money.

I dunno man, I'm still like 98% convinced he thought it was another player. I mean we all know Judah is super cocky and mixes it up with other players, but he would have to be an absolute sociopath to not let a ref take a ball from him.
The ref was almost touching him when he bent down directly in front of the ref. No way he didn’t know.

You’re simply not reading the tea leaves here. Red and Gerry see a kid who is difficult to coach, doesn’t actually work on the things he needs to go pro, and may be causing strife in the locker room.

Are we doing better down the stretch or not? Are we 4th in the ACC or not? Is he not the best player on a team that is 4th in the ACC and if not for the NET would almost definitely tourney bound? Listen if he is set on the league then it is game over with Judah, but if he still wants to play in college we need to make an effort to keep him. The portal is going to be filled with guys who have their own set of flaws and issues. It is college ball. The guys who can do what Judah can plus shoot the three and distribute are in the freaking league!!

And then that ideal replacement still needs the desire to come to Syracuse and we need to win the bidding war, which will be intense for anyone remotely close to Judah's skill level. Most wins since 2014 with him leading the way with a bare minimum supporting cast and people want him gone. Just insane.

Symir?

Are we doing better down the stretch or not? Are we 4th in the ACC or not? Is he not the best player on a team that is 4th in the ACC and if not for the NET would almost definitely tourney bound? Listen if he is set on the league then it is game over with Judah, but if he still wants to play in college we need to make an effort to keep him. The portal is going to be filled with guys who have their own set of flaws and issues. It is college ball. The guys who can do what Judah can plus shoot the three and distribute are in the freaking league!!

And then that ideal replacement still needs the desire to come to Syracuse and we need to win the bidding war, which will be intense for anyone remotely close to Judah's skill level. Most wins since 2014 with him leading the way with a bare minimum supporting cast and people want him gone. Just insane.
What I’m getting from many posts here is that the coaching staff disagrees with you.

and with that, I’m out. That’s all the time Judah gets in my mind today.

Even if you like Judah that much are you willing to hold dollars and a spot for him until May with a chance you get left with nothing?

Yeah, I'm with ya. As much as I get tired of Judah's incessant whining and prima donna attitude, he is a special talent. If we lose him to the nba or going over seas, fine. Losing him to another college team, not fine.

All i know is that this staff chased off a player who could've been very helpful this year because they thought he wasn't a fit and possibly not skilled enough. He would've not only brought senior leadership but also much needed poise. Now here we are calling for a talented kid, who is clearly skilled enough to be a leader in ACC in multiple categories, to get booted because he has an inflated ego. Ridiculous. This staff is paid millions to handle this. You want to win, you learn how to mange those egos. You want a team full of mild mannered kids who just play for the love of the game? Bring on the next boehiem, Swider, Girard team I am sure everyone will be much happier.

Even if you like Judah that much are you willing to hold dollars and a spot for him until May with a chance you get left with nothing?
If he is dead set on the league then we have to look elsewhere. If he makes a decision to continue playing in college we have to try and keep him. The talent we lose to the portal each year is what kills us.

If he is dead set on the league then we have to look elsewhere. If he makes a decision to continue playing in college we have to try and keep him. The talent we lose to the portal each year is what kills us.
Except it’s going to be 60/40 or 50/50. We can’t wait until June or posters here are going to blast Red for having a weak roster and not being prepared for Judah leaving.

Yeah, I'm with ya. As much as I get tired of Judah's incessant whining and prima donna attitude, he is a special talent. If we lose him to the nba or going over seas, fine. Losing him to another college team, not fine.
If we are locked into the tourney right now there is not a single thread on any players attitude. People want the team to be elite. They only care about weird attitude incidents like this when the team is not elite. Depth of talent is keeping us from being elite. Not Judah working the refs.

Except it’s going to be 60/40 or 50/50. We can’t wait until June or posters here are going to blast Red for having a weak roster and not being prepared for Judah leaving.
If they treat that type of situation as Judah 100% leaving then I would not fault them much. You do not want to be stuck with nobody. But if he accepts the reality of his draft position and makes a more official decision to stay in college shortly after the season, I really hope we do all we can to get him to stay.

Judah's personality drives me insane more often than not, but I dunno Mike, when I look at him I see one of the most athletic guards in program history.

He's extraordinarily quick and agile. That coast to coast speed at the end of the first half was nuts.

I’m not measuring him against our guards. I’m measuring him against using the term elite. He does not have elite speed. He does not have elite leaping ability. He is agile. He has a quick first step against college guards.

But elite??? Where it’s consider it upper end of potential nba traits? No.

Now, that’s fine for college to an extent. But he’s also not an elite dribbler and doesn’t have elite vision.

He’s a very talented player at the college level. No doubt.

But his best case, and it’s a moonshot at this point, is to model himself after Jeff Teague.

That’s who he is. He is not an elite athlete.

Give me a break
How many games do we win without Judah this season? Who puts the ball in the hoop? Who draws the top defender and still produces enough? We play 6 guys basically. Two can't shoot. Another two can't play defense. No center, which forces our other top player out of position. We NEED Judah!

How many games do we win without Judah this season? Who puts the ball in the hoop? Who draws the top defender and still produces enough? We play 6 guys basically. Two can't shoot. Another two can't play defense. No center, which forces our other top player out of position. We NEED Judah!

We would've gotten a different guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom