I'm usually not one to look ahead... | Syracusefan.com

I'm usually not one to look ahead...

Whew! I thought you were about to make a case for an undefeated season.

True, although I can't really see how he can improve all that much *comparitively speaking* as he did from last year to this year. He'll get better, but the magnitude won't be as noticeable as this year. If he keeps it up he'll be shooting 90% from three :)

If the x axis is "year" and the y axis is "improvement", the curve will look more logarithmic than linear, his "ceiling" being a horizontal asymptote.

The question is...where is that asymptote? Basketball is just another form of math :eek:

But 5th year Cooney is a startling thought.

Tis all.
I would not bet on it.
He is actually quite athletic and his next level of improvement, that we now see in flashes, is making space and creating his own shot. Once that happens his scoring will increase and he will be gone.

I would not bet on it.
He is actually quite athletic and his next level of improvement, that we now see in flashes, is making space and creating his own shot. Once that happens his scoring will increase and he will be gone.

I don't see the other areas of his game improving to a point that he would be a lottery pick before his 5th year. And if you're not going to be a lottery pick, there's little reason to leave early.

That said, his size is comparable to Andy, with better shooting (debatable given the small sample size). I really like his chances of becoming a niche guard in the NBA. If he keeps up this percentage from behind the arc and the NBA 3pt distance doesn't give him much trouble, he would be a very strong condidate for teams in need of of shooting off of the bench.

I would not bet on it.

I was thinking along the lines of improving his ball handling and taking over more time at the point guard position, but I like your thinking as well.

It would seem like he was at SU for 100 years at that point

Looking ahead to this season, it appears we only have 5 real games left...pretty crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom