Imagine being a GT fan??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Imagine being a GT fan???

Yeah. Imagine being the fan of a team that's had 2 losing seasons the last 15 years and won 11 games 2 years ago and 7 years ago. That would suck.

Are we at a point where we can call anybody out right now? Isn't that like celebrating scoring a TD in the closing seconds of a 60-7 blowout that you're on the wrong side of?

They can be horrible to watch AND we can acknowledge that we have been too. I detest this "we've been bad so we can't point out things that are bad about other teams."

I'd rather watch a Lester run offense than GTech. Blarg.

Maybe...maybe not. The offense clearly mailed it in in the second half. I'm not a fan of it but it was pretty obvious.

Let's be clear: Clemson will need to be on it's game in all three phases to hang with this Louisville team. They are the most impressive team we've played against in 5 years. The only team that can close was freshman year Winston/FSU. That includes a couple of beat downs at the hands of the Tigers.

They can be horrible to watch AND we can acknowledge that we have been too. I detest this "we've been bad so we can't point out things that are bad about other teams."

I'd rather watch a Lester run offense than GTech. Blarg.
That wasn't the point of the OP, and that was made obvious in the response to my post.

I can't figure out how Paul Johnson recruits anyone. Not because of his system - he just seems miserable in every interview I've seen or when I've seen him on tv.

I can't figure out how Paul Johnson recruits anyone. Not because of his system - he just seems miserable in every interview I've seen or when I've seen him on tv.
I'm curious how different public persona is from actual personality. Our basketball coach is a nerdy whiner that picks his nose on TV.

I'm curious how different public persona is from actual personality. Our basketball coach is a nerdy whiner that picks his nose on TV.

a nerdy whiner ? really?

That wasn't the point of the OP, and that was made obvious in the response to my post.

Not trying to pick a fight but I'm not sure your response addressed the OP. He wasn't saying winning was boring. He was saying the style of play was boring. I agree with that assessment. I also think it's okay to say that without feeling like you need an *.

* We suck too so therefore was cannot say something is boring.

I dont know why people say option is boring? some teams have scored 50-60 pts a game and had 6-700 yds of offense with that style. its only boring if its not working and arent most offenses boring when they dont move the ball?

I hear ya. Some of our most exciting and successful teams of yesteryear was when we ran that option (freeze) O. Seemingly, many times teams just couldn't/didn't know how to defend it...or at least execute their defensive game plan. Maybe it was gimmicky, but no more than what this hurry up offensive is now/will be. Whatever works to equal the playing field...just give me W's and I don't give a hoot what style we play.

Last edited:
I dont find the option boring. it has a lot of variety. it can be very fast paced, and when its working its crazy hard to defend. i would rather watch an option team than a lot of the passing games we see today, which to many teams is just throw wide right, throw wide left with WR screens

Let's be clear: Clemson will need to be on it's game in all three phases to hang with this Louisville team. They are the most impressive team we've played against in 5 years. The only team that can close was freshman year Winston/FSU. That includes a couple of beat downs at the hands of the Tigers.
You're 100% correct. Clemson will have to execute and play well. We certainly can do that and beat them. Will we...i don't know. I haven't seen much to lead me to think that. Will have to play exceptionally better than we have (which we can).

You're 100% correct. Clemson will have to execute and play well. We certainly can do that and beat them. Will we...i don't know. I haven't seen much to lead me to think that. Will have to play exceptionally better than we have (which we can).

I hope you guys do it - Petrino is the worst.

Paul Johnson's offense was always my favorite to play in NCAA Football on PS2.

Not trying to pick a fight but I'm not sure your response addressed the OP. He wasn't saying winning was boring. He was saying the style of play was boring. I agree with that assessment. I also think it's okay to say that without feeling like you need an *.

* We suck too so therefore was cannot say something is boring.
That's just it. It's not that we suck TOO. It's that we suck and they haven't. Don't like their style of play? Fine. Don't like the cut blocking? Cool, me neither, as I said previously, despite the fact that we did it too when we were a traditional option heavy team, as someone else pointed out.

But to say that it must suck (his words) to be a fan of a team that has won consistently over the same time period that we have sucked at a historic level for our program just doesn't make sense.