Imagine... | Syracusefan.com

Imagine...

AAM62

All Conference
Not trying to get ahead of myself but if Cuse wins on Saturday, then everything will be nuts.

We're playing at a T10 team.

I think you're being a little dramatic.

I hope you're right, but right now our perception is still we're a bad team. Just this morning, callers were talking about how bad we are. If we win Saturday, that stops. If we don't, people will say we still suck and Clemson was a fluke. I don't want it to be a fluke, I want it to be the standard. This win will do more for the team's future than the Clemson win, IMHO.

Ill chain myself to the dome at the moment these dino to whatever god forsaken lesser school rumors are even remotely credible.

I hope you're right, but right now our perception is still we're a bad team. Just this morning, callers were talking about how bad we are. If we win Saturday, that stops. If we don't, people will say we still suck and Clemson was a fluke. I don't want it to be a fluke, I want it to be the standard. This win will do more for the team's future than the Clemson win, IMHO.

Why do people get so hung up about what a bunch of people without much insight into the program say. This is a 4-3 team that lost at home to MTSU. Fact is this team objectively better than anytime since 2012, yep. The general perception of the program doesn't change that fact.

Win or lose this team is better and out of the Shafer swoon and set up to be at least a top 40 if not better team going forward. There's five games left to play. SU beats any one of Miami, FSU, or Lville on the road and hold serve at home it's an excellent year given where the program is coming from and will be more evidence that Friday was not a "fluke".

BTW, it's never been standard to beat the #2 team in the country wire to wire straight up.

Why do people get so hung up about what a bunch of people without much insight into the program say. This is a 4-3 team that lost at home to MTSU. Fact is this team objectively better than anytime since 2012, yep. The general perception of the program doesn't change that fact.

Win or lose this team is better and out of the Shafer swoon and set up to be at least a top 40 if not better team going forward. There's five games left to play. SU beats any one of Miami, FSU, or Lville on the road and hold serve at home it's an excellent year given where the program is coming from and will be more evidence that Friday was not a "fluke".

BTW, it's never been standard to beat the #2 team in the country wire to wire straight up.

Getting hung up is part of the fun of all this. I would argue that perception is very relevant, particularly to recruits.

Who cares? Let stupid people be stupid, they don’t matter.

We’ve played competitively all year and have 2 league wins and beat #2. That ain’t “same old”, and if dumb, uninformed, hot take people think it is...so what? Our football team is clearly improved over the last few years, and it’s clearly improved since the beginning of this year. At this point that’s all that matters. Just keep getting better.

I'm just worried if we lose, it will be back to the same ol', same ol'.
NO! We must believe . . . . . We must remember history. SU lost games after Nebraska, but ultimately they became a powerhouse team. This will happen to us as well.

IT IS OUR DESTINY.

NO! We must believe . . . . . We must remember history. SU lost games after Nebraska, but ultimately they became a powerhouse team. This will happen to us as well.

IT IS OUR DESTINY.

Let's skip the "losing games after" the big win part, mkay? ;)

Last edited:

Yeah, I don't worry about Miami as much as the potential of beating wake and BC at home and then L'ville on the road. That would be a pretty impressive season overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom