Important Read: B1G upfront Loaded Dollars for Maryland... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Important Read: B1G upfront Loaded Dollars for Maryland...

I just don't buy it. Everyone is jumping ship from conference to conference. Money drives it. MD didn't whore themselves anymore than any other team. If the BE was pulling in $20m per team, it would have been more stable and teams wouldn't have been bailing at the first chance.

Name me just 1 team that went to a conference where the revenue is less than what they were getting.
Are you aware of any counterexamples, in which a school was offered (or considered for) membership and declined, despite the chance to earn more $? Have any remaining ACC teams turned down opportunities to earn more in the Big 12 or Big 10?

I just don't buy it. Everyone is jumping ship from conference to conference. Money drives it. MD didn't whore themselves anymore than any other team. If the BE was pulling in $20m per team, it would have been more stable and teams wouldn't have been bailing at the first chance.

Name me just 1 team that went to a conference where the revenue is less than what they were getting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

People are jumping to places where they feel they are better fits. Colorado is more Pac 10 then Texas, Cuse went to a conference loaded with private schools and publics that act private, A and M had a UT problem. But all those schools believe they can compete where they are going and there's good evidence for that. Maryland is on an island, they're not going to be able to compete at all. They'll cash checks and never win. Barry's article in The Post never really talks about winning, competing, recruiting, it's all about a quick fix for their mismanagement issues.

Are you aware of any counterexamples, in which a school was offered (or considered for) membership and declined, despite the chance to earn more $? Have any remaining ACC teams turned down opportunities to earn more in the Big 12 or Big 10?

Nothing more than unsubstantiated rumors from the dude. Can't believe a few people really think this isn't about $$$$. Again, not 1 team has gone to a poorer conference (at the time).

Nothing more than unsubstantiated rumors from the dude. Can't believe a few people really think this isn't about $$$$. Again, not 1 team has gone to a poorer conference (at the time).

I thought it was all about academics...

It was for us.

SU would not have left the BE if it was a stable conference and stable means every team making a lot of $$$ like the other conferences. Most likely nobody would have left. The first pitch made to every school has been "here's how much more $$$ you can get". And even if $$$ was not a reason for SU leaving, that doesn't make MD a whore unless you are saying every school has been a whore. Free enterprise.

SU would not have left the BE if it was a stable conference and stable means every team making a lot of $$$ like the other conferences. Most likely nobody would have left. The first pitch made to every school has been "here's how much more $$$ you can get". And even if $$$ was not a reason for SU leaving, that doesn't make MD a whore unless you are saying every school has been a whore. Free enterprise.

Disagree. Everyone in this process has to think two steps ahead, that's all SU did. And competing with like minded schools in a region where we got more students, have more alumni, and has taken in plenty of CNY transplants makes more sense than playing basketball against Marquette. And everyone here knows we can compete and win in hoops, lax, and that our recruiting will improve in football and others have us rated in the top half of the ACC as is already in pigskin.

Maryland is broke. Their chancellor doesn't really seem to grasp sports at all and they took money. That's it, there is nothing about competing there. People don't graduate UMD and end up in Chicago or Cleveland.

Disagree. Everyone in this process has to think two steps ahead, that's all SU did. And competing with like minded schools in a region where we got more students, have more alumni, and has taken in plenty of CNY transplants makes more sense than playing basketball against Marquette. And everyone here knows we can compete and win in hoops, lax, and that our recruiting will improve in football and others have us rated in the top half of the ACC as is already in pigskin.

Maryland is broke. Their chancellor doesn't really seem to grasp sports at all and they took money. That's it, there is nothing about competing there. People don't graduate UMD and end up in Chicago or Cleveland.

I'll ask again, name 1 school that moved for less money.