Impressed by our Fans | Syracusefan.com

Impressed by our Fans

runningorange

Walk On
Went to the Pitt game Saturday. I don't know what it looked like on TV but there was a lot of Orange in the stands (especially in the second level). I did not expect to see that many Syracuse fans there. I told my 4 year old son (who is 4 and was attending his first game) before the game that there probably wouldn't be many people wearing Orange since it was a road game (rooting for Syracuse is all he knows, and he can't fathom why someone would root for anyone else). When we sat in our seats he said "Dad, there are a lot of people wearing Orange here. I thought everyone was going to be rooting for the other team?" When my wife dropped me off at the Pete (she wasn't going to the game) she later told me couldn't believe how many Syracuse fans she saw walking into the Pete. She is from Pittsburgh and has never observed such a large presence of the fans of the opposing team at a Steelers, Pens or Pirates game. I realize this is a bit of a down year, but if we keep supporting our team like this they will not be down for long.

Note: I have never been to a true road game before so maybe what I saw wasn't that unusual. I do know that it 20-25% of the Dome was rooting for Pitt or anyone else I would be shocked!

Went to the Pitt game Saturday. I don't know what it looked like on TV but there was a lot of Orange in the stands (especially in the second level). I did not expect to see that many Syracuse fans there. I told my 4 year old son (who is 4 and was attending his first game) before the game that there probably wouldn't be many people wearing Orange since it was a road game (rooting for Syracuse is all he knows, and he can't fathom why someone would root for anyone else). When we sat in our seats he said "Dad, there are a lot of people wearing Orange here. I thought everyone was going to be rooting for the other team?" When my wife dropped me off at the Pete (she wasn't going to the game) she later told me couldn't believe how many Syracuse fans she saw walking into the Pete. She is from Pittsburgh and has never observed such a large presence of the fans of the opposing team at a Steelers, Pens or Pirates game. I realize this is a bit of a down year, but if we keep supporting our team like this they will not be down for long.

Note: I have never been to a true road game before so maybe what I saw wasn't that unusual. I do know that it 20-25% of the Dome was rooting for Pitt or anyone else I would be shocked!

The Cuse football games vs PSU are always a bit of a shock :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom