In how many states have you seen Syracuse play? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

In how many states have you seen Syracuse play?

That moment I realize Ive seen UConn (3) in more states than I’ve seen SU (2)

NY - SU, UB, 2 Pinstripes (K State, WV), ND at Yankee Stadium, and hope to add Army
NJ - RU and 5 Meadowlands (Wisconsin, GA Tech, ND, Penn State, USC)
PA - Penn State, Pitt, Temple
VA - UVA and hope add VA Tech
WV - WV
MI - Michigan
TN - Tennessee
FL - Orange and Champs Bowls, plus USF. Hope to add FSU/Miami.
NC - Wake and hope to add Duke/UNC
IN - ND
IL - Northwestern
CA - USC
WA - Washington
LA - Tulane
OH - Akron
MA - BC
TX - Bowl

I will probably add SC and CT at some point. Plus GA for football. Hopefully MD too. Don’t have a desire to see NC State or Louisville but may eventually add them.

That's awesome, what's your favorite away game (non-bowl) experience?

Tough question. In game atmosphere wise I would say Penn State. How we performed Michigan.

Penn State we rented an RV and stayed in their RV city which was a fun two day scene despite the game stinking.

We did it again the next year for Akron since that was the only game we could all get together. Of course we were the only RV there. DC3's family ran into us and played us in corn hole.

Michigan was fun since we kicked their ass and made 100k people silent. Hearing their fans kiss our asses and say how great McNabb was made me happy. Also the crazy trip we took to get there. Pretty much a day trip from campus after a Labor Day storm. We left at like 5 am, scalped tickets, watched the game, and got home at like 4:30 am.

I liked the Washington's sponsored tailgate which had beer available. It was a good scene and they have a nice stadium.

MetLife game tailgates were pretty big since it was easy to get friends to go.

I always enjoy going to BC, Pitt, Northwestern, Tulane. All four locations are fun even if the game is not. I think Pitt is a very underrated away game.

UVA had a nice stadium. A true southern crowd that dressed up and left for a wine break at halftime.

I liked the stadium and atmosphere for USC but the area around that campus seemed sketchy.

Tennessee they had our SU section in like the final rows of the upper deck. It felt like we were barely there.

WV was kinda scary. A night game where even the vendors were cursing at us. Get your soda here, SU sucks, soda here.

ND we won and all that snow was around so it was memorable. But we had limited time on campus since we took the SU sponsored bus from Chicago so i don't feel like I got the full experience.

But we had limited time on campus since we took the SU sponsored bus from Chicago so i don't feel like I got the full experience.
My wife still doesn't know I organized the LSU bus from New Orleans. We got married a month before that, and I think she would have called off the wedding if she found out I was organizing something non-wedding related when she was doing a lot of prep for our nuptials.

I'm working on visiting all 50 states, and I often use Syracuse as a good reason to visit a new place. My first time in Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana were all because of Syracuse.

It got me thinking - how many states have I watched Syracuse play in? I've only been to basketball games in New York, but for football, I've seen 'Cuse play in New York, New Jersey (MetLife), Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana. Ohio in September will be 8.

Who can top me? I figure hoops, football, and lacrosse all count toward your total.
Love this and have told the wife I plan on doing the same. Really cool way to see the country and we are bigger fans of mid sized cities than the largest so college works great.

NY (Syracuse, NYC)
NJ (Met)
MD (College Park)
FL (Orlando and Tallanasty)
NC (Wake)

I have several layups in the next few years (PA, SC, GA)

Hoping to get TN (Nashville), TX (Austin), VA. Super pissed i wont be able to do VA this year as it would be perfect and I knew the next one is 12 years away.

I'm working on visiting all 50 states, and I often use Syracuse as a good reason to visit a new place. My first time in Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana were all because of Syracuse.

It got me thinking - how many states have I watched Syracuse play in? I've only been to basketball games in New York, but for football, I've seen 'Cuse play in New York, New Jersey (MetLife), Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana. Ohio in September will be 8.

Who can top me? I figure hoops, football, and lacrosse all count toward your total.
Iowa
Indiana (Nd, Purdue)
Washington
North Carolina multiple times
Florida
Maryland
Louisiana
Illinois
Michigan
Pennsylvania
Virginia
West Virginia
New Jersey
Tennessee
Conn
Massachusetts

Some of mine are multiple times for different schools, Louisiana was for Tulane and LSU
NYC for ND, penn state plus Pin Stripe bowls, Illinois was for Illinois and northwestern, Indiana for Purdue and Notre Dame. Virginia for UVA x2, liberty, Michigan for U of M and western Michigan. So on and so forth.
Adding basketball games forget it all big east schools and most of Acc schools.

NY - Dome, Yankee Stadium
NJ - Met Life, Rutgers
FL- Camping World, U of Fl, Hall of Fame Bowl (Tampa)
NC - Duke
NC- @ NC State this season

… other trios out of state on the agenda

I know you didn’t ask me, but Tennessee and Auburn were experiences I’ll never forget. Those stadiums are just so loud and intimidating. Notre Dame didn’t come close. They’re the 3 big boy stadiums I’ve been to.

Notre Dame wins for most creative angry fans when they pelted their sideline with snowballs after we won.

NY, PA, NJ, AZ, IN, OH, WV, FL, LA, CA, MI, NC, CT, MD, MA, GA, VA, IL, Tokyo

Last edited:
I think one's mind probably blocks out South Bend, IN from one's memory. Because outside of a nice campus and nostalgic stadium, the place is so terrible.

But I shouldn't complain, at least the bus ride from Chicago offered me gorgeous views of Gary, IN!
True! The ND campus was out and out ugly - what a disappointment that was.