In how many states have you seen Syracuse play? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

In how many states have you seen Syracuse play?

Me tracking all of this

1623429187068.png

what a great topic, for fun I’ll expand it, hopefully others respond:
Best tailgate: LSU/ Penn State
Worst Tailgate: northwestern
Nicest fans: LSU/ Purdue
Worst fans: Iowa by far
Coolest stadium: Big House/ U Washington
Best over all experience is a three way tie: LSU, Michigan, and a surprise and I can’t wait for the game in a couple years Purdue.

worst overall experience: Iowa and Northwestern, Maryland was not enjoyable either (except the pre game tailgate Texas mark lol)
I was at Maryland 2013 too. Yeah, what a flat experience.

I was actually supposed to be going to Michigan at Washington in 2020. From the sound of it, I really missed out on a cool opportunity.

NJ (for Mcnabb-Harrison come from behind win against Rutgers)

1995, I went to that game too, was the rare night game in Piscataway. First half did not look good. Rutgers fans doing their R...U... chant the whole time.

Second half, we just throttled them, and in the 4th quarter, the SU fans were doing a R...U...Leaving chant.

I was at Maryland 2013 too. Yeah, what a flat experience.

I was actually supposed to be going to Michigan at Washington in 2020. From the sound of it, I really missed out on a cool opportunity.
Washington was pretty amazing, the view over the lake was amazing!

NY
NJ
MA
CT
MD
WV
OH
PA
FL
LA
CA

LSU and USC were special trips for sure. Seeing us win in WVU on their homecoming and the entire party atmosphere on that campus was great. Can’t wait to get back on the road with bnoro and others and make fools of ourselves.

Best over all experience is a three way tie: LSU, Michigan, and a surprise and I can’t wait for the game in a couple years Purdue.

worst overall experience: Iowa and Northwestern, Maryland was not enjoyable either (except the pre game tailgate Texas mark lol)

Best tailgate: WVU pregame
Worst Tailgate: BC
Nicest fans: Michigan
Worst fans: WVU in game
Coolest stadium: Big House
Best over all experience: Michigan

Best tailgate: Tennessee/Auburn tie. Tennessee bar scene, Auburn car scene and the plains.

Worst tailgate: Agree on Northwestern

Nicest fans: Tennessee. They were so appreciative of us making the trip, so much free alcohol.

Worst fans: Florida (at the Orange Bowl). If I heard “Gator bait” one more time.

Coolest stadium: Notre Dame. They have the away team’s fight song playing on the speakers when you walked in the end zone gate.

Best overall experience: Tennessee. You haven’t lived until you’ve seen that place in game day. Every man, woman, child and dog is wearing Vol Orange. People tailgating at gas pumps. A line at the liquor store that was a mile long about 90 minutes before kickoff. Place was packed and nuts for the entrance thru the T.

Auburn’s War Eagle landing was pretty cool too.

I really need to get to Clemson and then some other big boy stadiums even if we’re not playing.

mine are mostly hoops….

Best experience: 2003 New Orleans - hard to describe that final four.
2nd best experience: leaving the cap center chanting LGO after a win. Their fan was insufferable.

for FB
Clemson FB 2014. Get there - the tailgate is insane.
Worst experience: @Pitt. Bad tailgate, sterile empty stadium….and we won.

I'm working on visiting all 50 states, and I often use Syracuse as a good reason to visit a new place. My first time in Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana were all because of Syracuse.

It got me thinking - how many states have I watched Syracuse play in? I've only been to basketball games in New York, but for football, I've seen 'Cuse play in New York, New Jersey (MetLife), Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan, Kentucky, and Louisiana. Ohio in September will be 8.

Who can top me? I figure hoops, football, and lacrosse all count toward your total.
NY
MA
PA
NJ
MI
SC
NC
VA
LA
FL
GA
TX
HI
CT
whoops forgot RI
MD
Ohio
IN

Last edited:
More than I initially thought.
NY - Carrier Dome
MD - @ Navy
MA - @ BC
MI - Ch,Ch,Ch Cherry Bowl
FL - CWB
LA - Sugar Bowl

NY - both basketball & football
AL - football (Auburn-- best SU football fan experience)
GA - both basketball & football (Tech.. added bonus Boeheim's Army as well)
FL - basketball (S.Florida)
TN - basketball (Sweet 16 in Memphis-- fun atmosphere up and down Beale Street pregame... then saw Paul Harris wandering post game)

As a Fan - NY, NJ, PA, MD, NC, FL, LA, MI, IL, IA, KY, IN
As a Cuse Player - NY, NJ, PA, MD, OH, NC, FL, IL, MI, MA, OR, WV
This got me thinking (something I really hadn't considered in all the years I've been here).. how many former players of our beloved SU sports teams do we have here at the Fan?

Tough question. In game atmosphere wise I would say Penn State. How we performed Michigan.

Penn State we rented an RV and stayed in their RV city which was a fun two day scene despite the game stinking.

We did it again the next year for Akron since that was the only game we could all get together. Of course we were the only RV there. DC3's family ran into us and played us in corn hole.

Michigan was fun since we kicked their ass and made 100k people silent. Hearing their fans kiss our asses and say how great McNabb was made me happy. Also the crazy trip we took to get there. Pretty much a day trip from campus after a Labor Day storm. We left at like 5 am, scalped tickets, watched the game, and got home at like 4:30 am.

I liked the Washington's sponsored tailgate which had beer available. It was a good scene and they have a nice stadium.

MetLife game tailgates were pretty big since it was easy to get friends to go.

I always enjoy going to BC, Pitt, Northwestern, Tulane. All four locations are fun even if the game is not. I think Pitt is a very underrated away game.

UVA had a nice stadium. A true southern crowd that dressed up and left for a wine break at halftime.

I liked the stadium and atmosphere for USC but the area around that campus seemed sketchy.

Tennessee they had our SU section in like the final rows of the upper deck. It felt like we were barely there.

WV was kinda scary. A night game where even the vendors were cursing at us. Get your soda here, SU sucks, soda here.

ND we won and all that snow was around so it was memorable. But we had limited time on campus since we took the SU sponsored bus from Chicago so i don't feel like I got the full experience.
Michigan was the best for me. Washington 2nd.

Best tailgate: WVU pregame
Worst Tailgate: BC
Nicest fans: Michigan
Worst fans: WVU in game
Coolest stadium: Big House
Best over all experience: Michigan

Rick, where does South Bend rank for you? I was delightfully unimpressed with the game day tailgating but VERY impressed with the basillica, trumpets playing, the grotto, pep rally night before. I'm torn on where they fit on the experience. I feel like everyone should make the trip but if done wrong it could be a terrible thing.

Rick, where does South Bend rank for you? I was delightfully unimpressed with the game day tailgating but VERY impressed with the basillica, trumpets playing, the grotto, pep rally night before. I'm torn on where they fit on the experience. I feel like everyone should make the trip but if done wrong it could be a terrible thing.

i honestly don’t remember tailgating. That’s how good it was. Lol. So yea I’d probably rank it as bad as BC. BC just doesn’t have anything for visiting fans. Always parked in someone’s yard.

i honestly don’t remember tailgating. That’s how good it was. Lol. So yea I’d probably rank it as bad as BC. BC just doesn’t have anything for visiting fans. Always parked in someone’s yard.

BC is great if you are tailgating with BC people and it's mid October time. It's actually a great place to watch a football game and tailgate if set up with the right group. Spent many a weekend on the old baseball field tailgating. For 04, I was "tailgating" at Maryannes