In order to get rid of AJ the Yanks might hav to giveaway a pitcher like Hughes | Syracusefan.com

In order to get rid of AJ the Yanks might hav to giveaway a pitcher like Hughes

CaliCuse

All American
in a virtual giveawy deal. Get rid of AJ's 16 million per year and be able to go into the market for another pitcher or DH. It makes sense. Do it Cashman.:p

in a virtual giveawy deal. Get rid of AJ's 16 million per year and be able to go into the market for another pitcher or DH. It makes sense. Do it Cashman.:p
If you move both Burnett and Hughes, there goes the current depth in proven major starters. I could see moving one of them for a hitter but not both.

I'm sure glad you're not running the team.

If you move both Burnett and Hughes, there goes the current depth in proven major starters. I could see moving one of them for a hitter but not both.

Not AJ and Hughes but maybe AJ and another pitcher not in the majors. The Yankees have 1/2 dozen "can't miss" prospects at various levels of the minors that might fill the bill. Yankees would still need to pay a major chunk of AJ's salary though. More likely scenario is a swap of bad contracts. AJ for say Dunn, Soriano or Jason Bay.

The Yanks have some kids who might go instead of Hughes. The farm has some livestock worth a few blue ribbons to the team and opponents. Getting rid of an anchor as in dead weight like AJ might be the biggest move of the year giving the team some flexibility up to the trading deadline. The Yankees aren't done yet. I would love to get a contact hitter who prefers a base hits and rbis to home run swings and misses withRISP. Especially with a runner on third and less than two outs When the leadoff batter gets on second ,it should be an automatic run everytime . Get him over and in.If you want to call it "small ball,so be it. Just get the run on the board.

Not AJ and Hughes but maybe AJ and another pitcher not in the majors. The Yankees have 1/2 dozen "can't miss" prospects at various levels of the minors that might fill the bill. Yankees would still need to pay a major chunk of AJ's salary though. More likely scenario is a swap of bad contracts. AJ for say Dunn, Soriano or Jason Bay.
Of those bad contract guys, Soriano is the only one I'd have any interest in seeing in NY. But I'd much prefer to sign someone like Damon, Matsui or Vlad for part-time DH duties next year.

I actually think Burnett is worth hanging on to because he is durable and can eat innings, and when he's on his game he's still pretty good. But if everyone currently in the rotation stays healthy, he would be the odd man out and doesn't seem like he'd have any value in the bullpen. I would definitely not move Hughes because if healthy he is a valuable piece as a starter or out of the pen.

Of those bad contract guys, Soriano is the only one I'd have any interest in seeing in NY. But I'd much prefer to sign someone like Damon, Matsui or Vlad for part-time DH duties next year.

I actually think Burnett is worth hanging on to because he is durable and can eat innings, and when he's on his game he's still pretty good. But if everyone currently in the rotation stays healthy, he would be the odd man out and doesn't seem like he'd have any value in the bullpen. I would definitely not move Hughes because if healthy he is a valuable piece as a starter or out of the pen.
Yeah he eats innings and then dumps them on the mound
His "electric stuff" has short circuited. He might have a comeback year but every time he goes out there its a strain watching him.So maybe thats the answer. Don't watch his games and hope that the next day you get a good surprise.

If he gets off to a bad start he will probably develop a mystery ailment, go on the D.L. and be stored away until needed or September. The Yankees have the depth and the money to keep the dead weight around. Of course tradinf him for anything at all useful would be a coupe, even if the Yanks paid his remaining salkary.

I like AJ, when the chips are down AJ will deliver - like Scoop and the free throws.