In other ACC action tonight... | Syracusefan.com

In other ACC action tonight...

I know this is an awful game, offensively for both teams, but we live in a big glass house when it comes to that.

I know this is an awful game, offensively for both teams, but we live in a big glass house when it comes to that.
but that's sort of the point, in a reverse kind of way - we sit here and call ourselves the worst offensive team of all time with no prospects whatsoever while two of the "premiere" teams in the nation, in the span of a week, each manage 45 points total in a game...
Virginia struggles on offense but is a very good defensive team (sound familiar?)... and is ranked in the top 10

but that's sort of the point, in a reverse kind of way - we sit here and call ourselves the worst offensive team of all time with no prospects whatsoever while two of the "premiere" teams in the nation, in the span of a week, each manage 45 points total in a game...
Virginia struggles on offense but is a very good defensive team (sound familiar?)... and is ranked in the top 10
And yet they're a better defensive team than SU also

Strange game.

Bennett joked after it was over that we'd need to reimburse the Barclay Center for paint so they can re-paint the rims after this one. How often do you cover an 18 point spread with 45 points?

Rutgers isn't a very good offensive team, but our defense was insane last night. They only scored 8 the entire 2nd half, and 6 of those were in the first 5 minutes or so of the half...they literally scored 2 points the last 15 minutes of the game.

We're not a great offensive team by any stretch, but we're nowhere near as bad as last night. We got into a little better flow in the 2nd half when we started working it to Gill in the post, but I don't think we'll have another perimeter shooting performance this bad again this season.

Strange game.

Bennett joked after it was over that we'd need to reimburse the Barclay Center for paint so they can re-paint the rims after this one. How often do you cover an 18 point spread with 45 points?

Rutgers isn't a very good offensive team, but our defense was insane last night. They only scored 8 the entire 2nd half, and 6 of those were in the first 5 minutes or so of the half...they literally scored 2 points the last 15 minutes of the game.

We're not a great offensive team by any stretch, but we're nowhere near as bad as last night. We got into a little better flow in the 2nd half when we started working it to Gill in the post, but I don't think we'll have another perimeter shooting performance this bad again this season.
I saw pics of the crowd...it appeared you badly outnumbered the Rutgers fan.

It's games like this that are beginning to drive me away from watching college hoops. It seems like every damn game is a rock fight these days. Nobody can shoot, aside from maybe a half dozen teams in America, it seems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom