In other news, how awful | Syracusefan.com

In other news, how awful

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Were these announcers? Oh my God they were freshman team quality and acted like Varsity. Newsflash dorks, you're not big enough to talk about your dumb awards named after yourselves or banter for 20 minutes about the freaking buffet line in the middle of a great game.

Hands down the worst part of tonight's game. Just awful.

No kidding. I mean seriously, 18 minutes left in the game, they were talking about how much they enjoyed the media buffet. And then they kept talking about it. And kept talking about it. And kept talking about it.

If we never have those two guys again, it'll be too soon.

No kidding. I mean seriously, 18 minutes left in the game, they were talking about how much they enjoyed the media buffet. And then they kept talking about it. And kept talking about it. And kept talking about it.

If we never have those two guys again, it'll be too soon.
Well at least we didn't have to hear the story of how JAB prevented Pitino from going on his honeymoon. That's usually standard fare for this matchup.

Ok, so I'm sitting there listening thinking it's just me...

Well, at least they pronounced Roberson's name wrong. Oh Lord

Exactly. I'm thinking "does this guy think he is Bill Walton".

Absolutely pisses me off when a foul is called on someone and they either take 10 minutes to tell you who it was given to, or don't bother at all.

Who the fouls get assessed to on us is really important......game changing important, and they oftentimes treat it like its a state secret.

That's hilarious. Bonus points to you for actually remembering his name.
It was easy, really. I kept thinking, "Who the hell IS this guy!?" so when they said it, it stuck.

Absolutely pisses me off when a foul is called on someone and they either take 10 minutes to tell you who it was given to, or don't bother at all.

Who the fouls get assessed to on us is really important...game changing important, and they oftentimes treat it like its a state secret.
But that takes away from knowing who won the Farneys.

By the way - my favorite part was that "Best Actor" went to a dude from Duke. Seems fitting, what with their reputation for flopping.

OK, why do folks get upset so much over announcers? They all talk OT at times. Why do we scrutinize them so much? Would we do better in their shoes? It doesn't matter what they say as long as they have half a brain and know the game reasonably well. Otherwise, I worry about the game action, not the announcers. Sorry.

OK, why do folks get upset so much over announcers? They all talk OT at times. Why do we scrutinize them so much? Would we do better in their shoes? It doesn't matter what they say as long as they have half a brain and know the game reasonably well. Otherwise, I worry about the game action, not the announcers. Sorry.
Because they have a pretty simple job: call and analyze the action as it is happening, preferably in an entertaining but still on topic way.

The job is not to spend half the game talking about some stupid made up awards, getting names of players wrong, and only half paying attention to what's happening because you know the network just wants the game to end so they can get to Duke/UNC quicker.

[QUOTE="jekelish, post: 1306161, you know the network just wants the game to end so they can get to Duke/UNC quicker.[/QUOTE]
And our Orange are almost always very polite, getting our game done within the 2-hour window assigned.;)

I didnt think they were that bad. In fact in the first half, there were long stretches of game play when nothing would be said. That is something I think announcers should do more of. You dont have to describe every action when you are doing a TV game.

Meanwhile, ESPN had at least seven (SEVEN!) of their broadcasters at the Duke game! They seemed to cover the pre-game, game and post-game in waves.

I thought we were supposed to have Vitale? :noidea::(
I think ESPN has designated him for assignment to a pasture near his home.

Looks like they've put all their chips on Bilas, and don't want to do a 3-man booth.

It has to be very tough for Dickie V.

Were these announcers? Oh my God they were freshman team quality and acted like Varsity. Newsflash dorks, you're not big enough to talk about your dumb awards named after yourselves or banter for 20 minutes about the freaking buffet line in the middle of a great game.

Looks like BC has developed a cadre of announcers--Wieschusen (sp), Chiambi and Tessitore.

Not exactly Costas, Tirico, McDonough, Albert, etal.

Who the fouls get assessed to on us is really important...game changing important, and they oftentimes treat it like its a state secret.
yep, my absolute pet peeve with hoops commentators - not so much in 1st halves but in 2nd halves - LET US KNOW WHO THE FOUL WAS ON!!!

We should have a Dickie V night next season! Whether you like him or not the poor guy is on the downward slope and college bob has been his life. He has put it on the map. It would be a class Act for the Orange and a shove it for ESPN,

I thought we were supposed to have Vitale? :noidea::(
I was thinking about that too. I hope he's okay. I didn't think they did a poor job. The play-by-play guy hasn't been a sore spot in other broadcasts he's done. I think the color guy may just not have been ready.

I didn't mind them. Thought their critiques were insightful and they didn't take themselves too seriously...but didn't sound like clowns. I was pleasantly surprised.

Because they have a pretty simple job: call and analyze the action as it is happening, preferably in an entertaining but still on topic way.

The job is not to spend half the game talking about some stupid made up awards, getting names of players wrong, and only half paying attention to what's happening because you know the network just wants the game to end so they can get to Duke/UNC quicker.
So, you didn't like Bilas, McDonough and Raf then?

They seemed oblivious to the foul situation of any player. Foul trouble is a big deal. Decent announcers should be aware of what is going on and let the audience know when major developments happen. They did a few times but not enough.