In regards to yesterday's article about JB saying... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

In regards to yesterday's article about JB saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the "it" you're referring to? The footage of JB's remarks? If it was posted in this thread, I missed it somehow.

What about these quotes, did he not say this? "I think he's playing very, very slow,'' Boeheim said. "We can't play that way. We have to play faster. We have to get the ball up the court quicker. It helps our whole team.'' Those quotes are pretty self explanatory and straight forward. Although, JB really is the only one that truly knows definitively what precisely that implies moving forward.

If JB "gives Frank this week" to get over his physical/mental hurdles, and Frank still is incapable of getting beyond it, you don't think JB wouldn't think twice about yanking Frank out to push the pace with Carey, now that someone willing, ready and able is available in the wings? JB did not have that option at all last year, so he's clearly in a much better position to let Frank sit if need be.

Never mind. His exact words when he said a week were posted at least 2 times.

So I'm guessing that your belief is that those who make complaints about JB then aren't actually fans. Despite the many hours and posts we log on this site. Interesting.
I have no idea how far the concept of “fandom” goes or who it includes or excludes.

The constant critics on here appear to me to have a very low threshold of frustration and even anger when things don’t go their way. They also have an inflated sense of their own wisdom in determining the “problem” and recommending solutions.

Tell them you think they are wrong and they get furious as if they are insulted someone doesn’t agree with their insight.

Tell them that this constant whining and complaining is corrosive to the program and they say it’s their right “as a fan”. It’s as if they can’t believe that anyone can’t grasp the truth of what they are saying.

I do wonder when people don’t like JB, or the Zone or the offense or the recruiting strategy or the seats in the Dome or the schedule or the myriad of things they complain about, just what is it that makes them a fan.

I have no idea how far the concept of “fandom” goes or who it includes or excludes.

The constant critics on here appear to me to have a very low threshold of frustration and even anger when things don’t go their way. They also have an inflated sense of their own wisdom in determining the “problem” and recommending solutions.

Tell them you think they are wrong and they get furious as if they are insulted someone doesn’t agree with their insight.

Tell them that this constant whining and complaining is corrosive to the program and they say it’s their right “as a fan”. It’s as if they can’t believe that anyone can’t grasp the truth of what they are saying.

I do wonder when people don’t like JB, or the Zone or the offense or the recruiting strategy or the seats in the Dome or the schedule or the myriad of things they complain about, just what is it that makes them a fan.

I'm pretty sure you just defined exactly who you belief is excluded from being a fan.

In your ever pompous way, of course.

Your line of thinking is...well, your own thinking. And, since you've acknowledged that you have "no idea" how far one's concept of fandom goes, etc., it's quite interesting you feel that when you "tell them they are wrong" that you apparently do so with the mindset that you are "right." Moreover, that in believing so, holding 'your opinion' in some superior light.

Regarding your pondering of what makes one a fan, well indeed there are a 'myriad' of things, no different than the myriad of different opinions out there.

You should post this some more. You have not done it enough. More please. The people want more.

I'm pretty sure you just defined exactly who you belief is excluded from being a fan.

In your ever pompous way, of course.

You have a reading comprehension problem.

Now I’ll admit I might put some adverbs and adjectives in front of “fan” that seem appropriate.

There’s the “Thinks he knows more about coaching and basketball than JB fan”.

There’s the “SU lost last night so we have to scrap the current system or players or coaches fan.”

There’s all sorts of variants. Are they fans? It’s not for me to say.

But when they post what I think is nonsense I reserve the right to call them out. And that’s what you don’t like.

Disagreeing with you in your mind makes one pompous, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.