In the age of inflation is there a better value than SU football tickets? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In the age of inflation is there a better value than SU football tickets?

$9 for the Bud Light cans. Sorry for the delayed response but better late than never.

But they are 16 or 24 oz cans, right?

But they are 16 or 24 oz cans, right?
Tbh I’m not sure because I don’t drink. When I was in line at the BC game the guy in front of me bought two Bud Light cans and it came to $18.50. Only reason I even noticed is because I was standing there with two Pepsi’s and almost put one back, but they came to $4.50. The Bud Lights were tall boys though.

of course I understand the thoughts here but it's not *really* $500 for the most expensive ticket lol

still great values all over the building!!!!

*for now... damn ND*

I can see them raising them slightly next season because it’s been a couple years, general inflation, and the ND game. They’d be wise to do it in a small increment though. Can anyone speak on how much the increases typically are?

I can see them raising them slightly next season because it’s been a couple years, general inflation, and the ND game. They’d be wise to do it in a small increment though. Can anyone speak on how much the increases typically are?

lol it's been a mess since 2014. Sections have gone up... some have gone down... generally it's stayed the same for the last 7 years (+$26 in the 3rd level endzone [99 to 125]) and the 2nd level endzone was $210 but that's now $125

I really would not be surprised to see a rounded increase for ND (not a specific % but a number like $125 going to $175)

I'd be pretty confident that every single area of ticket prices will increase in '22

I would expect the seasons that are in the $125 group to go up to anywhere between $175/$200 a piece.

Not sure yet on the rest of the areas, not sure the price hike will be as steep in other price sections

Tampa Bay Rays tickets are probably the best value even though the stadium is sort of ugh

Seats are dirt cheap and the team is consistently good.

I would expect the seasons that are in the $125 group to go up to anywhere between $175/$200 a piece.

Not sure yet on the rest of the areas, not sure the price hike will be as steep in other price sections
We’ll get them either way but a $75 hike would be rough; that’s 60 percent increase.

Really is. Sit fourth row near 35 yard line. A steal. Even if the product sucks it’s still a great value.
The product doesn’t suck.

The Orange is 5-4.

The home games this year have been really competitive.

And we have had a chance to watch a great RB, an interesting QB and a bunch of young and aggressive players on defense.

The product doesn’t suck.

The Orange is 5-4.

The home games this year have been really competitive.

And we have had a chance to watch a great RB, an interesting QB and a bunch of young and aggressive players on defense.

To be fair, he posted that before the season began. I agree with you though, in fact I think the product on the field this year has been nothing short of awesome.

To be fair, he posted that before the season began. I agree with you though, in fact I think the product on the field this year has been nothing short of awesome.

it's a great deal any way you cut it. Even if they stink it's a nice activity for very short money all things being equal. You can bring a family for very short money and that's nice.

it's a great deal any way you cut it. Even if they stink it's a nice activity for very short money all things being equal. You can bring a family for very short money and that's nice.
Correct, I did. Coming off a one win season I was happy to renew. And will keep doing it regardless of the record.

Been a lot of fun this year. Even coming from CT, I’ve made it four games and will make it to the finale as well. Highlight of the fall. If I was local I’d be at every game. Best value in sports. I know folks say it’s great watching on tv (and it is) but there’s something about being there in person and a college atmosphere that’s better. And the AC was welcomed by my children. Eliminates one complaint.

they will have to thread the needle with price increases.. On one hand they want to assume the low crowd numbers are covid issues.. You can imply it, but you cant assume it.. if its only partially covid keeping numbers low then a price increase might lower it more as people go down the route of selective pricing for a game at a time..

if they bump it from 125 to 200 and we get the same 7 games, is it a bump because of ND only pricing? They would be better off with a small bump and then a bigger single game price for ND to entice people to stay the ST route.. people may but the ST and try to sell off others but at least its sold..

one thing that has hurt, is the ease of reselling tickets over the years.. 25 yrs ago if you bought a ticket you couldnt just dump it on an open market and get some money back so people buying one offs added to the totals for the school, now they dont even count as a ticket sold, let alone money..