In the Path of Ian..... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In the Path of Ian.....

I feel your pain. I am in the town now predicted to be the jackpot spot where it makes landfall. About 3.5 miles inland, and probably high enough to escape any spillover storm surge. I'm not (currently) in an evacuation zone either.

I'm sure I'll have the same power issues that newmexicuse will.

Hopefully, I'll be able to stream the Wagner game.

Stay safe, newmexicuse.
Are you in North Port? Tracking shows landfall between Englewood and Ft. Myers, with a straight line northeast once on land, which puts North Port right in it. My sister-in-law came here to get out of it. Stay safe and take care.

Stand strong. I'm in Palm Beach County so rooting for you. Ton of rain here with flooding already and wind is supposed to get to lower tropical storm tomorrow. Nothing compared to you on the lower Gulf side, so please take care.
What winds are you hearing? I see 30 mph for tomorrow in West Palm where my son lives. Tornado warnings.

Color me curious. NM is on our list of possible retirement spots. (My wife is vehemently opposed to FL, and we both like the desert.). Why did you leave NM for FL (if not too personal).
Thanks
I loved NM. We were there for 20 years. Family in Florida and lack of direct flights to Connecticut had a lot to do with it. Plus we had a large high maintenance house so it was just time for a change. I lived in Tijeras, a town just outside of Albuquerque. If I can help with any specific questions or with a phone call once this storm has passed, PM me, and I will be happy to share my experiences.

c91d812b-b604-410a-85a6-6cebd46cb2dc-11_a.m._Tuesday.png
Cant wait for the 10 inches of rain I’m going to get. CVS still expects us to come into work Thursday and Friday though

Projected landfall is now near my town. I am about 6 miles inland and not in the present evacuation zones.

I can selfishly hope for a path shift, but that would just mean it will be worse for somebody else.

Imagine I will lose power sometime tomorrow and then I will be off the forum for a few days or however long it takes.
My home is Ft Myers but safe in SC right now. You be safe as you can.

Projected landfall is now near my town. I am about 6 miles inland and not in the present evacuation zones.

I can selfishly hope for a path shift, but that would just mean it will be worse for somebody else.

Imagine I will lose power sometime tomorrow and then I will be off the forum for a few days or however long it takes.
We are almost neighbors then. I am up the road in Lakewood Ranch. Praying all of us in this area ride this out safely.

Consider us hunkered.

TBH, I didn't expect my Welcome to Florida hurricane to be a Cat5.
What county are you in? Weather station I’m watching is discussing counties rather than particular towns

I feel your pain. I am in the town now predicted to be the jackpot spot where it makes landfall. About 3.5 miles inland, and probably high enough to escape any spillover storm surge. I'm not (currently) in an evacuation zone either.

I'm sure I'll have the same power issues that newmexicuse will.

Hopefully, I'll be able to stream the Wagner game.

Stay safe, newmexicuse.

Ugh. Saw on the news today that the expected landfall is supposed to be south of Tampa, in an area where my grandparents retired to [Englewood]. They have a four-foot seawall -- probably going to change the face of that town forever.

On a more important note, stay save orange79, newmexicuse, and anyone else down in FLA during this natural disaster.

Ugh. Saw on the news today that the expected landfall is supposed to be south of Tampa, in an area where my grandparents retired to [Englewood]. They have a four-foot seawall -- probably going to change the face of that town forever.

On a more important note, stay save orange79, newmexicuse, and anyone else down in FLA during this natural disaster.
looks like landfall will be a bit South of your grandparents.....best to them !!!!

A landfall south of where your grandparents are means that the storm surge will be lessened. Hope they are somewhat inland !!!