In two years, who will JB be rooting for when | Syracusefan.com

In two years, who will JB be rooting for when

SU to win with Jimmy Jr going off for 35 points - which isn't out of the realm of possibility considering some of our games this year :)

But seriously, family first.

Last edited:
Of course he roots for his son and that is fine.
Blood is thicker than your program.
If he was the HC he would want to win but as a spectator he would root for his son.

Of course he roots for his son and that is fine.
Blood is thicker than your program.
If he was the HC he would want to win but as a spectator he would root for his son.

Horse crap! JAB bleeds Orange and would accidentally stick his foot out and trip Jr. if the kid was about to score the winning bucket! Even if his seats weren't courtside! ;)

Syracuse hosts Cornell?

I don't think JB would waste too much time / concern worrying about that, given that we are going to blow Cornell out.

He'll root actively for his kid [as well he should] knowing that no matter what success his kid has, we're still going to whup them. No real conflict of interest.

Cornell alum here. Was a senior the year they went to the Sweet 16. Even got a press pass from a friend at the
Cornell radio station for the Cornell/Cuse game that year.

Of course always root for Cornell, except when they play Syracuse. #BleedOrangeNotRed

My question is what would the reaction be on here if he goes off on us and hits a buzzer beater to beat us?

I don't think we'd ever know JB's true feelings unless we saw his split second reaction in this improbable buzzer beater situation.

you guys bananas? He's going to root for his son unless he's a serious sociopath. Kids always come first.

you guys bananas? He's going to root for his son unless he's a serious sociopath. Kids always come first.

If my kid was playing against SU, I'd root for SU. I'd want my kid to do well, but I am an SU fan. Family is real life and basketball is entertainment. I'd be better entertained by an SU win.

It would be situational for me. Clearly, I would root for my kid, but not necessarily his/her team over SU. If Cornell were to somehow improve their program to the point they can compete for serious prizes, then it gets more complicated.

As a father, I would be happy with either outcome. And, it doesn't make you a sociopath to root for the program you spent 50 years in. It's not like his son would have to die or get injured for SU to win. It's just a game.

My question is what would the reaction be on here if he goes off on us and hits a buzzer beater to beat us?
Haha it would be gold. Most posters here are a bit over the top with the what have you done lately mentality. Some real beauties posted after the loss to BC this year. Some people should really take a 24 hour break from posting when SU loses.

The lacrosse board is a great example of this with the game has passed Desko by/UVA just has so much superior talent/Lane sucks/we can't recruit/etc.

JB would get himself one of those 50/50 shirts with one side of it Syracuse orange and the other side Cornell red.

Your life's work or a life you made after about 30 seconds of work.

Flip a coin.

I think you are confusing him with a former assistant of his named Rick Pitino.

I think you are missing the sarcasm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom