Inconsistent but a win is a win | Syracusefan.com

Inconsistent but a win is a win

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
We came out not matching Temples intensity. 38-20 is a nice win but this could have been a 50-10 type game.

It was a trap game for us coming off the big win vs Missouri. We had a lot of guys dinged up and it was a short week. Also, this was Temples bowl game. So a lot of credit to the team for fighting through things. But the programs aren't close.

Turnovers and penalties rose their ugly heads again, but I attribute some of that to what I said above. Defense was up and down and continues to be a bit shaky.

Offense never found a good rhythm. We get in a rhythm then get hit with a penalty or early on a turnover. Ryan had his shakiest game ib a long time but some of that is due to the lack of rhythm which us key in the passing game.

Kudos to AAM for stepping up and having a great game when both Smith and Gulley were dinged a bit. Running game really had it going.

Congrats to Jerome and Alec for both hitting the 1,000 yard milestones.

7-5, 5-2. Not bad and what we expected. Guess is this probably puts us in Orlando.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We came out not matching Temples intensity. 38-20 is a nice win but this could have been a 50-10 type game.

Not sure I agree with that. I thought SU's intensity was just fine. I think Temple gave everything they had too.

7-5, 5-2. Not bad and what we expected. Guess is this probably puts us in Orlando.

I'm pretty sure MOST here expected about 6 - 6, and probably NOT a 5 - 2 record in the Big East. And about 5 weeks ago, MOST here predicted a losing record.

It was a trap game for us coming off the big win vs Missouri. We had a lot of guys dinged up and it was a short week. Also, this was Temples bowl game. So a lot of credit to the team for fighting through things. But the programs aren't close.

Turnovers and penalties rose their ugly heads again, but I attribute some of that to what I said above. Defense was up and down and continues to be a bit shaky.

Offense never found a good rhythm. We get in a rhythm then get hit with a penalty or early on a turnover. Ryan had his shakiest game ib a long time but some of that is due to the lack of rhythm which us key in the passing game.

Kudos to AAM for stepping up and having a great game when both Smith and Gulley were dinged a bit. Running game really had it going.

Congrats to Jerome and Alec for both hitting the 1,000 yard milestones.

7-5 is what you expected. I was hoping for 8-4 back in August. By mid-October I think I would have been satisfied with 5-7 so the way we've ended up makes me very happy. Now let's win that bowl game and get HCDM back to .500 for his career.

If it's Pinstripe or Belk, I'll be at the game so selfishly I want that; Orlando would be a lot harder to swing!

Feel really good about this team and our chances regardless of what bowl we win... Be so satisfying going out with a four game winning streak

Not sure I agree with that. I thought SU's intensity was just fine. I think Temple gave everything they had too.

1st quarter we were sleep walking both sides of the ball.

I'm pretty sure MOST here expected about 6 - 6, and probably NOT a 5 - 2 record in the Big East. And about 5 weeks ago, MOST here predicted a losing record.

I believe the average record of the preseason prediction thread was 7-5.

If it's Pinstripe or Belk, I'll be at the game so selfishly I want that; Orlando would be a lot harder to swing!

Best team in the BE right now. Most exciting offense in the BE right now. I think Russel bowl will jump.

Best team in the BE right now. Most exciting offense in the BE right now. I think Russel bowl will jump.

I feel good about anybody we play right now!

Bees, when we're at a point where we're discussing the quality of a win versus another loss, we've surely made progress. ;)

I believe the average record of the preseason prediction thread was 7-5.

The AVERAGE was? Really?

The AVERAGE was? Really?

Pretty sure that is what cuseregular had said.

Pretty sure that is what cuseregular had said.

You believe HIM?:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom