Incredibly important game tonight, on multiple levels | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Incredibly important game tonight, on multiple levels

Not to mention 3 losses in the OCC part of our schedule would make it very difficult for us to make the NCAA tournament. 10-8 didn't get 2 ACC teams in to the Tournament last year.

We need to win out the rest of the OOC and I think we will.

My apologies for misinterpreting. No, unfortunately after the South Carolina game, I knew where the Wisconsin game was headed. But I think tonight the guys will be ready to play. Even though UConn is not good, they are still UConn. Our players will be much more amped up for this game in the Garden than our rebound game vs a bad North Florida team. This game is crucial, I would assume they know this.

No worries.

I've been known to call a poster, or two, out on occasion.

But I try to limit myself to doing so when I find a post, or poster, to be particularly obnoxious.

Getting the Wisky game wrong doesn't qualify...

I hope we are ready to play. Last couple games I've been to at the Garden haven't gone so well...

The remainder of the OOC is all risk, no reward. I think Gtown will be the toughest of the 3 ex-Big East games now that Hayes is back and Pryor has proven he can go off at any moment. Gotta win them all, no doubt, and there's a good chance (> 50% imo) that we do. But tonight has more "bad loss, bad win" potential than anything resume building.

Hopefully an interesting and well played 1st half will keep some eyeballs from turning to MNF (here's to TY Hilton getting less than 14 fantasy points!).

I'm not sure there has ever been a game where I've been confident going in. Hopeful, sure. But SU has a tendency to lose the odd game that they should win because of the defense. The zone gives them a better chance to win more games over the long haul, but in the short term, every once in a while, a team shows up and shoot lights out for the whole game.

Ha, no doubt! Tonight, it could be some other 'Cinderella story' type that averages 1.37 points/game that goes off and torches us/our zone for 30. :(:bang:

It wasn't just losing to Wisc & SC, but it was the WAY that we lost both games.

Additionally, the team struggled against North Florida.

In actuality, a win against UConn doesn't mean much per se as they have so many problems, but a loss would be devestating.

What is important is how we play and if we get the opportunity will we display the killer instinct we showed in our first four games.

I think a return of the Tylers would just mean so much to this squad.

No worries.

But I try to limit myself to doing so when I find a post, or poster, to be particularly obnoxious.

I hope we are ready to play. Last couple games I've been to at the Garden haven't gone so well...
Stay at home and take one for the team?

we have zero margin for error the rest of the non conference schedule. we gotta win them all

I expect a Syracuse victory. Zone defenses give us fits and you're the kings of the zone. This team has played poorly on O and D and I haven't seen anything to change that. I think your posters have nailed it. We do nothing for your OOC schedule and a loss would be bad. It's almost a no win game for you. There's no upside to a victory and only ugliness if you somehow lost. Hopefully we give you a game of it.

Hopefully an interesting and well played 1st half will keep some eyeballs from turning to MNF (here's to TY Hilton getting less than 14 fantasy points!).

Less than 11, please!

No worries.

Stop going then. Take one for the team.

The rest of our OOC schedule is very much like a first round game in a conference tourney against a bad team. Winning the game will not help your resume. But losing the game could be quite costly.

Basically it's the same theory for all of our December games. This one means more because it's UConn, but as PH said above this is an all risk/no reward game from a numbers perspective anyway.

I want to see more aggressive rebounding as a team. I want to see guys go up strong around the basket and either finish or get fouled. I expect the new starting lineup to continue to gel offensively and for Frank/Tyus to improve out top on D. I worry about the interior defense and what the bench can bring.
The key to the game tonight will be rebounding. It's essential that we do not get used on the boards. If Roberson gets any time at all I hope to God he's got his Roby Rebound outfit on. We need him to contribute and if he can get it going with rebounds it follows that he will also get some tip-ins and second chance points off the offensive glass. In tonight's match up it could well be the difference.

What guards? They have one left. Larrier and Gilbert are hurt. Adams is going to have the ball at all times. It should be a simple gameplan. Don't let Adams and Purvis(to a lesser degree) beat you. We do that and we win going away.

And yet.... we let them! Because we have the bball iq of Javale McGee mixed with a dead raccoon on the side of the road.

And yet... we let them! Because we have the bball iq of Javale McGee mixed with a dead raccoon on the side of the road.

Really - the collective basketball IQ on the team can't be high.

Really - the collective basketball IQ on the team can't be high.
We've been saying this. every. year. It's our go-to excuse that explains everything.

And yet... we let them! Because we have the bball iq of Javale McGee mixed with a dead raccoon on the side of the road.

Why don't we press when we are facing back up guards? Oh yeah, Chukwu...

bravo dude! you totally knew we would shoot our lowest % in about 15 years!
Once again you take a post and twist it into something just straight trash.

I said the game will be close. Tell me, is it possible for that game to be closer? The game was tied with 2.2 seconds left.

All week, all I heard is about how terrible Uconn is (they are). You know who else is? Us. And this was a game against a big time former rival, at a location where we played one of the craziest games in history. Writing was on the wall.

Did I think we would shoot 25%? No. But I didn't say anything about %'s. I said the game would be close. It was. And it was horrible basketball all around.

I said the game will be close. Tell me, is it possible for that game to be closer? The game was tied with 2.2 seconds left.

All week, all I heard is about how terrible Uconn is (they are). You know who else is? Us. And this was a game against a big time former rival, at a location where we played one of the craziest games in history. Writing was on the wall.

Did I think we would shoot 25%? No. But I didn't say anything about %'s. I said the game would be close. It was. And it was horrible basketball all around.
again, bravo! you seem so pleased and I am pleased for you! You're posting up a storm tonight and it's glorious to behold!

There's zero reason the game should have been close. You and I both know that.

again, bravo! you seem so pleased and I am pleased for you! You're posting up a storm tonight and it's glorious to behold!

Love your input.

Per usual... anytime you want to actually discuss basketball, feel free. Would love to give you a little bball 101.

Love your input.

Per usual... anytime you want to actually discuss basketball, feel free. Would love to give you a little bball 101.
you don't know an thing about bball 101 and it's been abundantly clear for as long as you've posted (under all your zany aliases)