Incremental Improvement Year to Year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Incremental Improvement Year to Year

There are hard core SU fans on this forum, that if they where in a 3rd world country in front of a firing squad would be saying. "I think the firing squad only has blanks in their rifles !" These are the same optimists that raved about Shafer's recruiting too, but have selective memory. Location is a factor in recruiting and it isn't a factor. Explain how Boise State, Utah have had success in climates similar to ours. If an Urban Meyer came her this program would have different results quickly. As an SU alum and former season ticket holder I want to see the program back to its winning ways and if Babers can do it in the next couple of years great. But as they say in Missouri "SHOW ME". So far I see little forward progress. It's always wait till next year. And our competition is getting better in the ACC. Right coach = right results.

If the OL is healthy next year I see an improvement from maybe the worst line this century to perhaps the worst OL in the past decade. If all these guys come back and the Florida transfer plays that will mean we have maybe one better than average lineman on the team. miss after miss and failure to run a cohesive offensive are not a good combination.

Agreed. A healthy OL, and competition between Tommy / Morgan / maybe Lamson, and I think the offense could make a big jump. Tucker is a stud, and I'm pleased with the development of Johnson / Queely. Need to incorporate the TEs more -- they are too talented to not be a big part of the offense.
Why no mention of Dillon at QB? Personally I think he is going to be better then them all.

Indiana University is called the new sunshine state
That shows you what a good complete coaching staff can do! I’ll give Dino the benefit of the doubt but we definitely have holes on this coaching staff

Here’s how I see it... and boys, I’m pretty drunk.we need to get rid of Cavanaugh... Seriously, why is he still here? What has he done? Other than the fact that HIS unit single handedly is handy caping this team. Get rid of him, go 6-6, I’m fine... for now. I think that would be a good move in the right direction. I run the sales department at my job. If my guys arnt preforming, I don’t say “well, Paul didn’t pan out and Jeff quit!” Even if that is the case, that doesn’t matter, who cares? It’s my unit. It’s success and failures falls squarely on my shoulders, regardless of excuses. Idk how that guy is still employed.

Dollar for Dollar Dino is hands down the worst coach from an investment standpoint in the history of Syracuse Athletics.

1: More capital has been spent to upgrade all aspects of the program for him than any other coach.

2: He is the highest paid coach ever at SU.

3: He has given up more record negative performances than any other coach.
Most points allowed
Fewest yards gained
Most yards allowed.

If not for the ED outlier he would have the 2nd worst or possibly worst record in modern SU football.
Next year will determine if Dino has the ability to win with his players. To date he has never done so in his entire coaching career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom