Indiana game in one statement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Indiana game in one statement

Triche is going to handle the rock a ton in this game. They'll put Oladipo on MCW. If BT can bully the Indy guards and get into the lane, our bigs should have their hands up, ready to throw one down. Getting Zeller a few fouls would be enormous.

I think for this reason, it would make sense to play Coleman for a few minutes in the first half. He's the only center we have who has any back-to-the-basket moves, and he might draw a foul or two on Zeller.

I feel better about playing IU than Temple. Think we match up better with IU
Absolutely. Run Rak, Baye, who knows, maybe even Coleman at that stiff Zoeller. SU would have no answer for Wyatt.

Better tell Mr. Triche to find his confidence and bring it to D.C. Without him I don't think we have much of a chance of pulling an upset.

He was confident last night. Why wouldn't he be confident?

Sent using my Commodore 64

If they put oladipo on mcw, it will be interesting to see who guards James. If it is hulls, James will shoot over him all day.

We were no where near as good as that Kansas team. they had 4 pros in their starting line-up. Including paul pierce.
Lafrenz, Jacque Vaughan, Pierce, and Scott Pollard IIRC

Great Kansas team

Triche is going to handle the rock a ton in this game. They'll put Oladipo on MCW. If BT can bully the Indy guards and get into the lane, our bigs should have their hands up, ready to throw one down. Getting Zeller a few fouls would be enormous.

If I were Crean, I'd put Oladipo on Triche. 'Cuse offense seems to rise and fall with BT.

I honestly think our zone will be a nightmare for IU. I expect our best defensive game of the year. The fact that the B1G plays no zone will definitely be in our favor.
I agree. Our defense has been very good all year. Even when we went on our losing stretch, our defense was good. The key to the game is the obvious. We need our offense to be clicking. If CJ/Triche/Southerland are making their jumpers, we win. I don't mean to sound like an orange homer, but the games where our offense is at the level of our defense, we are very good.

IU will have a tough time matching up Hulls with someone.

If Watford is on Southerland, Fair will abuse Sheehy.

Great Kansas team

Good individual players do not always make the best team. That 96 club played very well together plus I do not believe Kansas was the best team Syracuse played that year. The Big East was loaded, Iverson / Othello at G-town, Kittles with Nova, Ray Allen at Uconn. Not to mention playing UMass early on that season.

Syracuse ran G-town off the dome court with lightning quick Iverson yet all the talking heads thought Vaughn would eat them up.

Little national respect for a very good Syracuse team that year.

Great Kansas team

And somehow, Jerod Haase took something like 20 shots against us in that game. Genius JB at his best.

Good individual players do not always make the best team. That 96 club played very well together plus I do not believe Kansas was the best team Syracuse played that year. The Big East was loaded, Iverson / Othello at G-town, Kittles with Nova, Ray Allen at Uconn. Not to mention playing UMass early on that season.

Syracuse ran G-town off the dome court with lightning quick Iverson yet all the talking heads thought Vaughn would eat them up.

Little national respect for a very good Syracuse team that year.
True. I won my NCAA pool riding Cuse to the Final Four in a weak West region that year. People also forget how much Kansas choked in the tourney every year with Ole Roy in the 90's. That Cuse team would have won the Big Ten or Big 12 that year. Purdue was the #1 seed in the West and I remember Nova totally destroying them by 30 points earlier in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom