Indiana game in one statement | Syracusefan.com

Indiana game in one statement

I can sum up the Thursday game vs Indiana in one statement:

We're not supposed to win, they're better, but it's time for us to spring an upset in the tournament for the first time in a long time.
From your lips to God's ears...we'd all love to see it.

But the question is can we beat Indiana's defense?
We'd better not wind up resorting to jump shots...because it likely will be over quickly if that happens.
I won't even mention the foul shooting of guys not named Baye Moussa-Keita.

We're not supposed to win, they're better, but it's time for us to spring an upset in the tournament for the first time in a long time.
That's a good question. When is the last time Cuse genuinely upset someone in the tourny. We've beaten higher seeds before(Kansas 96', Oklahoma 03', Texas 03', etc.) but those weren't upsets to me as I thought we were better than those teams. The last time we came close was Arkansas in 95'. We are due for upset.

From your lips to God's ears...we'd all love to see it.

But the question is can we beat Indiana's defense?
We'd better not wind up resorting to jump shots...because it likely will be over quickly if that happens.
I won't even mention the foul shooting of guys not named Baye Moussa-Keita.
IU's defense can be taken advantage of, other than Odalipo it's not spectacular by any stretch. The bigger matchup will be the zone vs. their offense

Need to play smarter than we have a lot of this season. No MCW jump shots for no reason. No Cooney tripping over his feet and dropping the ball for a fast break the other way. Trish playing with confidence. BMK and Christmas being a defensive force. JS shooting well. And making FTs when they're important.

Stop and 1

If we don't allow Zeller to be comfortable he will quit working. The stretch Indiana struggled scoring was when Zeller didn't touch the ball. If we can play stall ball for 40 minutes and not give Indiana anything in transition we can beat these overrated MFers.

I honestly think our zone will be a nightmare for IU. I expect our best defensive game of the year. The fact that the B1G plays no zone will definitely be in our favor.

I honestly think our zone will be a nightmare for IU. I expect our best defensive game of the year. The fact that the B1G plays no zone will definitely be in our favor.
100% agreed

2 keys for me:
  1. CJ hitting early from the lane/elbow to open things up a bit
  2. James not picking up fouls early.

After seeing them play today, I'm not sure they are better than us. Louisville is clearly the best team in the tournament right now. If the refs do not aid Indiana like they did Ohio State last year, we can beat them if we hit our outside shots. Let's Go Orange!

We are nightmare matchup problem for Indiana. We are either taller, stonger or more athletic at all positions other than center. Our offensive game plan will be simple. Put the ball on the deck and take them to the hole.

I feel like we have the advantage over IU. They hate grind it out games which we can do, and they aren't going to run us out of the gym.

Better tell Mr. Triche to find his confidence and bring it to D.C. Without him I don't think we have much of a chance of pulling an upset.

I feel like we have the advantage over IU. They hate grind it out games which we can do, and they aren't going to run us out of the gym.
What did they say on the broadcast? IU hasn't won all year without scoring at least 60?

Their really going to have to work to get points against the zone. Like you said, we're equipped to win 55-52 and we're also able to run with anybody. If IU wants to push the tempo it could definitely work in our favor. Honestly their halfcourt offense doesn't scare me that much. They have Zeller and some shooters, but really only 1 guy who can create his own his shot and they don't have a great PG.

They need to hit 3's more badly than we do inorder to win.

IU's defense can be taken advantage of, other than Odalipo it's not spectacular by any stretch. The bigger matchup will be the zone vs. their offense
We were no where near as good as that Kansas team. they had 4 pros in their starting line-up. Including paul pierce.

I feel better about playing IU than Temple. Think we match up better with IU

These guys need to do this for Mr. Boeheim, because this would really be redemption for t-h-e shot that we will hear about and see at least 1,000 times this week. But to take them out as a #1 seed in the tourney would really be a nail in the coffin get back at them kind of moment.

I feel better about playing IU than Temple. Think we match up better with IU
I agree if BT can find his game he can post up all day long. I also believe that we should go right at Zeller take the ball to the rack from the get go and make him defend.

I fear that the refs might determine the outcome in this one. The crap they were letting the Hosers get away with in the last 5 mins against Temple was disturbing.

That's a good question. When is the last time Cuse genuinely upset someone in the tourny. We've beaten higher seeds before(Kansas 96', Oklahoma 03', Texas 03', etc.) but those weren't upsets to me as I thought we were better than those teams. The last time we came close was Arkansas in 95'. We are due for upset.
Syracuse-Kansas '96 is the latest biggest I can think of without looking it up.

After seeing them play today, I'm not sure they are better than us. Louisville is clearly the best team in the tournament right now. If the refs do not aid Indiana like they did Ohio State last year, we can beat them if we hit our outside shots. Let's Go Orange!
Refs definitely screwed Temple today.

Triche is going to handle the rock a ton in this game. They'll put Oladipo on MCW. If BT can bully the Indy guards and get into the lane, our bigs should have their hands up, ready to throw one down. Getting Zeller a few fouls would be enormous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom