Injury report out yet? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Injury report out yet?

Brisley and West are both out, I see no way we win Saturday. What happened to Johnson? Didnt even know he was hurt.

No way?

Navy and GT both beat Pitt. Navy went 8 of 18 for 105 yds, GT went 5 of 10 for 84 yds.

It's up to MacDonald to cobble together enough of a pass game to help move the chains when necessary. Morris and MacFarland need to be a big piece. Use the TE's.

This game isn't going to be won or lost because of the pass game. SU needs to run the ball, and remember they ran for about 350 each against Clemson and NCST while throwing for 75 yds, and play defense in Pitt's backfield. Pitt's third down offense is bad and SU's 3rd down defense is 6th in the country. Win first down on defense and good things will happen. Generate two or three short fields and SU wins.

Last edited:
No way?

Navy and GT both beat Pitt. Navy went 8 of 18 for 105 yds, GT went 5 of 10 for 84 yds.

It's up to MacDonald to cobble together enough of a pass game to help move the chains when necessary. Morris and MacFarland need to be a big piece. Use the TE's.

This game isn't going to be won or loss because of the pass game. SU needs to run the ball, and remember they ran for about 350 each against Clemson and NCST while throwing for 75 yds, and play defense in Pitt's backfield. Pitt's third down offense is bad and SU's 3rd down defense is 6th in the country. Win first down on defense and good things will happen. Generate two or three short fields and SU wins.

Agree Go... West has been absent for a couple of the W's too, even when he was on the field. Someone has to step up! Ashton and a lot of Jerome and GM/DM. Love that screen to DM... Lets do that a bunch this week!

This year has so many similarities to 2010 already. We're winning enough to get to a bowl game, but without much offense and plenty on defense (at least in the games we win). Plus we close with BC in the Dome and what will surely be plenty of Andre Williams.

2010 was also the year of Marcus Sales mystery who then had to play by season's end due to how thin we were at the position. Could now be QFs time based on that reason alone. Worked out well for Sales.

Wouldn't that be sweet to have him come in and contribute a bit this week! Seriously, not looking for anything crazy, but with his height and athleticism help move the chains on some 7-10 yard slants. Would be tremendous. I don't trust Kobena to make a catch, however, I don't mind screens to AB or CC either.

Agree Go... West has been absent for a couple of the W's too, even when he was on the field. Someone has to step up! Ashton and a lot of Jerome and GM/DM. Love that screen to DM... Lets do that a bunch this week!

If Winfield or Avant are ready I'd burn their redshirts if it's worth two or three wins to end the year.

Kinder is a good athlete, time for AC and Ben Lewis to step up, if QF isnt' hurt get him out there outside and if nothing else run go routes all day.

Definitely going to be interesting at WR. It truly can't get any worse, just can't

Definitely going to be interesting at WR. It truly can't get any worse, just can't

There are options on the roster. It's three months since the start of camp. If they have progressed and contribute, use them.

Use Morris and MacFarland in the pass game. Break tendency and actually throw the ball to the TE in the middle of the field and not just the redzone.

There are options on the roster. It's three months since the start of camp. If they have progressed and contribute, use them.

Use Morris and MacFarland in the pass game. Break tendency and actually throw the ball to the TE in the middle of the field and not just the redzone.

How you feeling about this game Go... I've been waiting for your prediction thread all week! :)

I dont think West the reason we are able to move or not move the ball this week. Cornelious ? has already been shown to be the best blocker of the group.

By this time in the season there has to be a couple of receivers you'd think that have progressed enough to get out there and make plays.

Lets hope the secondary is up for it, I didn't love the matchup there and that was before Whigham went down. Could get ugly if Savage has any sort of time back there.

They haven't been able to block anyone all season. Bromley is going to eat Savage whole. They game up 7 sacks last week. 7.

If Winfield or Avant are ready I'd burn their redshirts if it's worth two or three wins to end the year.

Kinder is a good athlete, time for AC and Ben Lewis to step up, if QF isnt' hurt get him out there outside and if nothing else run go routes all day.

This 10000%

They haven't been able to block anyone all season. Bromley is going to eat Savage whole. They game up 7 sacks last week. 7.

I like our D Saturday but with the injuries to the secondary and Johnson I think it takes a sizeable hit. I guess my only point is that even with a good D performance it wouldnt surprise me if Pitt could still put up 17-21 pts based on there two star WR's. With our offense as bad as it is through the air, I dont know if we can match that.

Wouldn't that be sweet to have him come in and contribute a bit this week! Seriously, not looking for anything crazy, but with his height and athleticism help move the chains on some 7-10 yard slants. Would be tremendous. I don't trust Kobena to make a catch, however, I don't mind screens to AB or CC either.
if he's out there it isn't going to be doing slants. we barely do that with any of the receivers now. without timing and trust that he'll run perfect routes, that's a giant risk of an int. i'm totally up for seeing what he's got...but in a very controlled way. maybe screen early to set up a stop and go later, etc. give him stuff that's easy or stuff where hunt can throw safe passes.

West got dinged on a TARGETING hit to the head that was legal. Helmet to facemask on a defenseless WR in the air is a penalty.

I never saw Johnson get hurt. He had that big stick on Winston and then disappeared.

I assume Julian is out but he’s not on the report?

Emerich ?

pitt is not coming into the contest particularly healthy either, a tweet at pitt post gazettle say Street is questionable, injured ankle late in game last week.

I like our D Saturday but with the injuries to the secondary and Johnson I think it takes a sizeable hit. I guess my only point is that even with a good D performance it wouldnt surprise me if Pitt could still put up 17-21 pts based on there two star WR's. With our offense as bad as it is through the air, I dont know if we can match that.

Fair enough. I guess I'm counting on TO's and short fields to help our O and scoring. We'll see.

pitt is not coming into the contest particularly healthy either, a tweet at pitt post gazettle say Street is questionable, injured ankle late in game last week.

Jerry DiPaola ‏@JDiPaola_Trib 2h
PC did say that Devin Street (ankle) goes into the questionable category, along with OLs Bisnowaty and King. King has missed past five games

PC did say that Devin Street (ankle) goes into the questionable category, along with OLs Bisnowaty and King. King has missed past five games

Even if he goes it should help equalize things a little on the backend.

This is going to be a battle of two practice squads, and two upper shelf defensive tackles. May the best interior OL win.

All out for Syracuse: Brisly Estime, Prince-Tyson Gulley, Isaiah Johnson, Ben Lewis, Jarrod West, Julian Whigham

I was hoping West would be good too go. Not good at all.

Anyone know what happened to Johnson? I didn't see him get hurt last week, but also wasn't paying the closest attention in the 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom