Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings 2018-19 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings 2018-19

Zack - Given the number of variables involved in evaluating players, and the complexity of team performance, .25 R-squared is not chopped liver. To account for a quarter of all that is nearly dramatic.

True, but it shows that other factors like perhaps coaching and player development could overcome it. There is probably also a good-sized variable factor relating to injuries, transfers, dropouts, ...

Of course, this analysis is for football, and I am not sure lacrosse's recruit rankings are quite as strong.

True, but it shows that other factors like perhaps coaching and player development could overcome it. There is probably also a good-sized variable factor relating to injuries, transfers, dropouts, ...

Of course, this analysis is for football, and I am not sure lacrosse's recruit rankings are quite as strong.
Yeah, it's hard to compare it to lacrosse. While there are fewer evaluators out there for lacrosse, there are many fewer lacrosse players, and probably in many fewer areas across the country. The football people have been doing this for awhile, and I think they go to camps where they can compare players very easily. Football has a lot of 1v1 aspects, especially for WR/CB and OL/DL where players can be compared easier.

Zack - agree

The 6-foot-2, 235-pound O'Neill (view his profile here) had been committed to Penn State since March 2016, leading Long Island in points at Bay Shore as an eighth-grader before joining the Friars.

That's tough.

What a nightmare. This guy's highlights are even scarier than Tehoka's and now he's going to a team already stacked with recruits that we have to play every year. Hopefully his name comes up in this developing Zion Williamson situation otherwise we're potentially looking at another run of Duke championships.

I'm sure O'Neill will be a very good player, but other players will be catching up with him athletically in college. He's built like John Grant Jr now. At first I felt the slightest bit bad for Penn State then I realized they recruited him as an 8th grader, so they had this coming to them.

I'm sure O'Neill will be a very good player, but other players will be catching up with him athletically in college. He's built like John Grant Jr now. At first I felt the slightest bit bad for Penn State then I realized they recruited him as an 8th grader, so they had this coming to them.

I thought the same thing when I first saw him play 2 years ago. I have seen him play multiple times now and I have a player who has been on his team at Showtime twice and the recent Midnight Mania event. He is more than just a big, athletic kid. His stick skills are unrivaled. I would go out on a limb and say he could start for Duke this year at attack. His off hand (right) is better than most top HS players strong hand.

What a nightmare. This guy's highlights are even scarier than Tehoka's and now he's going to a team already stacked with recruits that we have to play every year. Hopefully his name comes up in this developing Zion Williamson situation otherwise we're potentially looking at another run of Duke championships.

Inside Lacrosse has Duke with 6: 5-star and 3: 4-star in the 2019 class, and now 3: 5-star and 2: 4 star in the 2020 class. Ty Xanders in his twitter: "with these two years of recruiting classes, if Duke doesn’t make at least three Final Fours with a title from 2021 to 2024, I’ll jump in the Inner Harbor: " Of course, these are not senior rankings, and can change over time, but it does give one the feeling Duke might develop into one of the power houses over the period.
On the other hand, Virginia is still struggling with its 2020 class, having just 2 commitments, both 4 stars. While Notre Dame has just 1 recruit listed for its 2020 class (unrated).

I thought the same thing when I first saw him play 2 years ago. I have seen him play multiple times now and I have a player who has been on his team at Showtime twice and the recent Midnight Mania event. He is more than just a big, athletic kid. His stick skills are unrivaled. I would go out on a limb and say he could start for Duke this year at attack. His off hand (right) is better than most top HS players strong hand.
I understand what you're saying. My limb is that he probably won't improve at the same rate as those ranked below him. I think the difference between him and other players will shrink.