Inside Lacrosse's 2017-18 Recruit Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Inside Lacrosse's 2017-18 Recruit Rankings

Jeremy, do you think any of the incoming class get tabbed for D-middie?
I would be shocked if Lauder WAS moved to attack. I have seen a very limited amount of him (just his junior year highlights), but there's not much in there that suggests, to me, a move to attack. If he was to be switched to attack, I imagine him playing like a Bomberry or Voigt role inside near the crease. His highlights don't show him dodging from X. There are guys in his class and the class in front of and behind him who can do that, like Rehfuss, Seebold, Cook, Berkman.

Most of what's been written about Lauder seems to say that he's pretty good at all aspects of being a midfielder, which suggests a role as a SSDM. I don't know how big Lauder is. I'm hoping he's decent size (5'11" or above) so that he wouldn't be an undersized SSDM.

I think Buttermore might be looked at for SSDM as well. Football and basketball background with good quickness seems like it's a good fit.

I would be shocked if Lauder WAS moved to attack. I have seen a very limited amount of him (just his junior year highlights), but there's not much in there that suggests, to me, a move to attack. If he was to be switched to attack, I imagine him playing like a Bomberry or Voigt role inside near the crease. His highlights don't show him dodging from X. There are guys in his class and the class in front of and behind him who can do that, like Rehfuss, Seebold, Cook, Berkman.

Most of what's been written about Lauder seems to say that he's pretty good at all aspects of being a midfielder, which suggests a role as a SSDM. I don't know how big Lauder is. I'm hoping he's decent size (5'11" or above) so that he wouldn't be an undersized SSDM.

I think Buttermore might be looked at for SSDM as well. Football and basketball background with good quickness seems like it's a good fit.

I could be wrong but I thought Lauder had played some attack in highschool and or the summer circuit. I may have him confused with someone else. With the amount of midfield talent coming in someone(s) will certainly be moved. I believe Curry has played attack and I think he is a good candidate to be moved. I wonder if Lauder's ability to score makes him to valuable to place at SSDM unless SU really wants to run 2 way middies a lot more then they have for the last decade plus.

Took a look again at some film on Lauder, does appear that he is more of a midfield type. Seemed to finish well either in close or some distance and did some dodging fairly well. That said as ohmilax noted not much in the way of dodging from X and while I wouldn't characterize him as small hes not Cody Jameson either. Seemed to have decent speed so I think he could play attack with the right coaching as he seemed very comfortable in close but him as a two way middie is very intriguing.

I could be wrong but I thought Lauder had played some attack in highschool and or the summer circuit. I may have him confused with someone else. With the amount of midfield talent coming in someone(s) will certainly be moved. I believe Curry has played attack and I think he is a good candidate to be moved. I wonder if Lauder's ability to score makes him to valuable to place at SSDM unless SU really wants to run 2 way middies a lot more then they have for the last decade plus.
I like Curry. He seems like he's in a good upward trajectory and still developing. My guess is that he plays midfield and is used to initiate offense with a dodge.

Lauder has played both, neither tall nor small. Id lean towards mid as well. Some good young offensive talent but like most newbies a likely rs imo-- I do understand the allure of projecting the latest but wish there were more threads on this forum about several middies who are now rs jrs an rs sophs who are likely closer to filling needed roles in the upcoming season. These older mids were also all heralded players coming out of hs , many are large bodies n wondering who is likely step up and emerge from that middie grouping

Lauder has played both, neither tall nor small. Id lean towards mid as well. Some good young offensive talent but like most newbies a likely rs imo-- I do understand the allure of projecting the latest but wish there were more threads on this forum about several middies who are now rs jrs an rs sophs who are likely closer to filling needed roles in the upcoming season. These older mids were also all heralded players coming out of hs , many are large bodies n wondering who is likely step up and emerge from that middie grouping
Agreed. Midfield, to me, is where they need the most guys to step up. O and D. You are right. A lot of guys in position there. Not a lot of returning production, though. Who makes a big jump? Carlin and O'Sullivan seem like 2 candidates.

I dont think im going far out on a limb when I say the new guys are in a better spot to see PT then most of the returners that your referencing. The 2014 mid class has been a disaster amd 2015 is only slightly better. Mckinney, Carlin and Ford are all buried on the depth chart. Theres a better chance of Quinn or Dordevic grabbing a top 2 line spot.

Romano had the highshool numbers but can't stay healthy and a few other guys have either switched positions Sullivan, Schwasnick or left the program. O'Sullivan or Dearth are two giys who could emerge or perhaps a guy like Forkin. Still I expect the frosh to be in position to play right away like Trimboli last year, Quinn likely this year, and Magnan next year.

I dont think im going far out on a limb when I say the new guys are in a better spot to see PT then most of the returners that your referencing. The 2014 mid class has been a disaster amd 2015 is only slightly better. Mckinney, Carlin and Ford are all buried on the depth chart. Theres a better chance of Quinn or Dordevic grabbing a top 2 line spot.

Romano had the highshool numbers but can't stay healthy and a few other guys have either switched positions Sullivan, Schwasnick or left the program. O'Sullivan or Dearth are two giys who could emerge or perhaps a guy like Forkin. Still I expect the frosh to be in position to play right away like Trimboli last year, Quinn likely this year, and Magnan next year.
Parts of your take are not the most encouraging . Understand past production. Maybe false hope on my part but rs jrs are certainly needed to step up if Cuse is to have a good season. Attack n D are good but Cuse needs to replace Mariano n Salcido production somehow. Carlin has the tools to be a productive mid in my mind. Shasnick brings his physicality. Ford and Hutchings likely be good ssdm. Don't know much about Forkin or Romano other than their write-ups. Grade lower, Trimboli lived up to hype. OSullivan has that quickness that could be a X factor. Dearth fared well m will get better. Winaskaus defection stings n Thorpe would have provided good depth. Believe Dordevic will be playing right away on second line and Curry's quickness could earn his some minutes down the line. Seebold is talented but likely needs time to physically develop given the nature of his game. Xanders and IL tend to rate those who they frequently see but connections sometimes find better players on the off fields so I tend to take ranking write-ups with a grain of salt . Magnan is one they got right

Syracuse's 2 freshmen face off guys didn't play any of the IL top 15 in the spring season, so we can't compare those numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom