Interesting debate, if you were running the Pelicans | Syracusefan.com

Interesting debate, if you were running the Pelicans

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
what do you do with Anthony Davis. They must know if he has any interest in signing the super max at the end of the season. If he has none then you have to deal as soon as possible? No? Team is going nowhere this year. Watched him last night versus the Nets, such an incredible talent but what can you do if he is hell bent on leaving. That said, from a public perception standpoint, you almost have to let it play out through the end of the season where he actually turns down the super max but if you can get some young guys and a high first rounder before the draft then it kind of forces your hand.

Tough spot

If he won’t take the supermax you have to deal him.
We won’t know till the summer if he will turn down all that money but if he does.
I want a top 25 player, expiring contracts, and multiple lottery picks.

Which only Phoenix, La Lakers, Philadelphia Boston can give up.

Lakers would have to offer Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and this year’s pick.
Boston would have to offer Jayson Tatum, Al Horford, Rozier/Smart and the Memphis/Sacramento picks.

If he won’t take the supermax you have to deal him.
We won’t know till the summer if he will turn down all that money but if he does.
I want a top 25 player, expiring contracts, and multiple lottery picks.

Which only Phoenix, La Lakers, Philadelphia Boston can give up.

Lakers would have to offer Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and this year’s pick.
Boston would have to offer Jayson Tatum, Al Horford, Rozier/Smart and the Memphis/Sacramento picks.

Got it, Sixers would have to offer Simmons I would think. That said, The Celtics can't get involved until Kyrie resigns in the summer. ( Some trade rule or something) So, Pels could force hand on Lakers and or Sixers if they are serious before Celtics can get involved. If they know Davis is not going to resign.

I think if they wait the Celtics will offer the best package though. I do like the players the Celtics can offer much better than the Lakers as well

Anthony Davis is the only key that fits Danny’s treasure chest.

I would be pretty surprised if AD doesn't end up with LeBron on the Lakers. Ainge's comments about LeBron on the radio today when AD is represented by Klutch was just stupid on Ainge's part when you're going to be tasked with negotiating with Klutch to get anything longterm done.

Saw people joking that this will haunt Celtics fans like Knicks fans were haunted when LeBron and Wade said "It was either here or the Garden" after their last game against one another earlier this year. Phil's posse comments and LeBron seeing how awful he treated Melo cost the Knicks LeBron.

I would be pretty surprised if AD doesn't end up with LeBron on the Lakers. Ainge's comments about LeBron on the radio today when AD is represented by Klutch was just stupid on Ainge's part when you're going to be tasked with negotiating with Klutch to get anything longterm done.

Saw people joking that this will haunt Celtics fans like Knicks fans were haunted when LeBron and Wade said "It was either here or the Garden" after their last game against one another earlier this year. Phil's posse comments and LeBron seeing how awful he treated Melo cost the Knicks LeBron.
LeBron was completely Trump like with that comment. Just like Chetto has to pump up his ego LeBron has no business calling himself the GOAT.
You let others do it for you.
It won’t impact Anthony Davis at all.
The Celtics crowd treated Davis like he was Larry Bird when he was here. That will help with Davis more than Ainge saying what everyone who isn’t a LeBron stooge was thinking.

Got it, Sixers would have to offer Simmons I would think. That said, The Celtics can't get involved until Kyrie resigns in the summer. ( Some trade rule or something) So, Pels could force hand on Lakers and or Sixers if they are serious before Celtics can get involved. If they know Davis is not going to resign.

I think if they wait the Celtics will offer the best package though. I do like the players the Celtics can offer much better than the Lakers as well
Davis isn’t getting traded during this season.
He won’t get traded til he can sign the supermax and he says no.
Once he says no to the money on the record New Orleans has incentive to trade him.
Tatum/Horford/2 lottery picks is a about the best New Orleans could do barring a Simmons or something I am missing.

LeBron was completely Trump like with that comment. Just like Chetto has to pump up his ego LeBron has no business calling himself the GOAT.
You let others do it for you.
It won’t impact Anthony Davis at all.
The Celtics crowd treated Davis like he was Larry Bird when he was here. That will help with Davis more than Ainge saying what everyone who isn’t a LeBron stooge was thinking.

Ehh, I don't think LeBron calling himself the GOAT was that big of a deal. Guys have more swagger and personality now with the social media age. It isn't like before where everyone had to maintain this cliche, corporate pleasing persona 24/7. Comments like Ainge's make him look corny and old when you compare it to Magic's personality and how he is probably gassing his guys up when they get hyped.

I'm not saying it's a nail in the coffin or will be the lone decisive factor. I think playing in LA and living in LA is much more appealing than playing and living in Boston for a guy like Davis. It was just a stupid comment to make when it will alienate the group that you need on your side to land one of the best players in the world.

I think Celtics can offer a much better return. I don't know how appealing Lonzo is to NO with Jrue there and Jrue is probably your best player if you trade AD. Those guys don't complement each other as great as you'd hope your haul for Davis would. Ingram I think will be a good piece if he can get back on track.

Philly would be really interesting. Maybe they find a third team to help?

Davis isn’t getting traded during this season.
He won’t get traded til he can sign the supermax and he says no.
Once he says no to the money on the record New Orleans has incentive to trade him.
Tatum/Horford/2 lottery picks is a about the best New Orleans could do barring a Simmons or something I am missing.

Yeah and best from a PR standpoint to make sure that AD turning down the super max is on record, makes AD the bad guy not the Pelicans management. ( Not that either side will care that much) Then you just play the Lakers versus the Celtics and anyone that wants to come to the table for the 2019-2020 season.

That being said, if the Lakers want to beat the Celts to the punch now would be the time but the pot will need to be even sweeter because it's not ideal timing for the Pelicans. And just my opinion, I think Celts have better players and draft picks to offer.

I think Lakers would have to give up Hart/Ingram and maybe Kouz and a draft pick, I am not quite sure Ball is much of a sweetener.

If I am another all star there's no way I would want to play with Lebron. It's always your fault when you lose and you will never be the reason your team wins.

If I am another all star there's no way I would want to play with Lebron. It's always your fault when you lose and you will never be the reason your team wins.

Sure, but also, there's a lot better chance of winning if he's on your team. And really, if you don't win, you're going to get killed in the NBA now. That part kinda sucks

If/when Davis turns down the supermax (which i am kinda expecting) they have to trade him. Knicks are gonna sign Durant, draft Zion, and trade KP for Davis.

Celtics can offer the most. But if AD wants to be a Laker, he will be a Laker.

Sure, but also, there's a lot better chance of winning if he's on your team. And really, if you don't win, you're going to get killed in the NBA now. That part kinda sucks

If/when Davis turns down the supermax (which i am kinda expecting) they have to trade him. Knicks are gonna sign Durant, draft Zion, and trade KP for Davis.

You wonder what the Knicks would have to give up to get Davis?

Great, then we can watch the Knicks do something Knicks like such as: surround him with Jarret Jack as the starting PG, give 4 years 80 million to Taj Gibson, and bring back Gallo and pretend he won’t get hurt. Then when AD is the only guy who shows in the playoffs after carrying them there, he’ll get blamed in the NY Post for not having as much heart as John Starks or something.

Davis will be a Laker or Celtic. I don’t think Ben Simmons would be enough for Philly without moving a big contract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom