Interesting | Syracusefan.com

Interesting

Our resume is pretty bad though, I don't think 9-9 would be good enough.

Our resume is pretty bad though, I don't think 9-9 would be good enough.
I think 10 gets us in the last 4 in/out category and 11 gets us in. We may need to get 1 or 2 in the ACC tourney. The big takeaway from those tweets is that a lot of the mid-majors who steal bids, aren't there this year. With the respect the ACC garners, going .500 or better looks really good. I think if we play well down the stretch, you have to look at the improvement of the team that has a lot of new pieces. Will be interesting.

Can't wait for the leaked bracket on Selection Sunday
Really, what difference does it make? It's strictly an opportunity for the station to cash in on advertisers.

What the top 16 are now is only where the teams are at present. The way the season is going, those 16 teams may be in the dance but in totally different order.

Totally not see TV.

which is why everyone needs to stop looking at us without looking at the big picture.. wake win may end up being good too.

duke if they lose today is 15-6 with Rhode Island, Mich St, Florida, GT, Miami wins
Su at 13-9 with Wake, Miami, FSU, Monmouth (if they keep winning) wins

wins wise those are almost equal resumes and we have our shot at them in the Dome.

bad losses in Dec mean much less by year end and MSU/Rhode Island may not end up being a good win

long way to go. shoot 9-9 could mean UL/Duke/Virg wins and be far different Resume wise

Got to win a couple ACC road games over decent teams.

Win in Louisville, and they're in.

If Lunardi still has Clemson in, then there will have to be some recalibration on Monday.

9-9 will not get it done IMO. Projected rpi of 87. RPI of 87 would be the highest ever by a lot. While the RPI is typically not used on an individual level to separate bubble teams, I say typically because there has been a handful of P5 teams around 80 with quality wins that get left out. It's almost as if when thnumber is that high people will not look at the whole package but will focus on the warts.

I still think we got to get it around top 70 so that the RPI is not a barrier to focus on the crap.

For most ACC teams 9-9 would get it done because they had decent to good OOC. But not for Syracuse or Georgia tech -- it's the entire body of work not just the conference schedule ... those teams dug a big hole.

I have stuck on 11-7 in the past and some said that was not enough. It's seems that 10-8 is pushing closer to an rpi of 70, which I view as a barrier to look at the whole package.

My point isthe same as before.. whether One believed we could win 10 or 11 ACC games is irrelevant. But you can't win 11 (or maybe even 10) without having more good than almost the entire bubble. The issue will be the bad, but we may only have one more bad loss than some of those teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom